Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

The days without a trade counter thread that doubles as a taking bets and bragging rights thread.

My official prediction?

The Packers trade for nobody every day from here until after you can’t do it anymore anyway.

Five years from now, a 6th round draft pick that would have been used in a trade has a 7 sack season in his third year, thus justifying that decision.

The last trade the Packers made to acquire a player was September 4th, 2021. The Packers received Corey B.

A punter.

• Like 2

Frankly, let me add that if we don't beat Washington on Sunday, I'm firmly against trading for anyone, in fact, we should be sellers. If we beat Washington, we are still very likely looking at 4-4 after Buffalo when the trade deadline arrives, but we'd still have a shot at the playoffs if we could win 6 of our last 9. I think 10-7 would get us a wildcard spot, not sure about 9-8. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Frankly, let me add that if we don't beat Washington on Sunday, I'm firmly against trading for anyone, in fact, we should be sellers. If we beat Washington, we are still very likely looking at 4-4 after Buffalo when the trade deadline arrives, but we'd still have a shot at the playoffs if we could win 6 of our last 9. I think 10-7 would get us a wildcard spot, not sure about 9-8. 

Buccaneers started 3-2.

Chiefs started 4-2, 5-3, 6-4.

Patriots started 1-2.

Lots of precedent for Super Bowl winners having ugly starts.

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Buccaneers started 3-2.

Chiefs started 4-2, 5-3, 6-4.

Patriots started 1-2.

Lots of precedent for Super Bowl winners having ugly starts.

Right, but none of those are 3-5 which is what we're staring at if we lose to Wash. Plus a tough schedule after that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I actually feel like we're really gonna trade for Claypool.

If we truly are interested, get ready for a bidding war with KC. They just restructured Kelce's contract to open up another $3.5 mil and I guarantee that's for a move at WR. Normally I'd say we'd have the advantage there given NFC vs. AFC, but the Steelers just traded Ingram to KC last season so there's history there. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

What pieces do we sell?  Maybe someone wants Rasul?  

We can't trade:  Rodgers, Bakhtiari, Clark, Preston, Jaire, Jones, Campbell, Quay, Wyatt, or Watson.  There is not enough cap space.  

Someone want to buy low on Jenkins or Yosh?  Maybe Dillon, but why? I can't imagine that there is a bigger market for Love right now than there would have been in the offseason.  What exactly are we moving?

I do half agree though.  If we do lose to Washington and Buffalo, we shouldn't be buyers.  

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I could see the team trading for someone even more than now if they lose to wash, as a desperation move.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

I could see the team trading for someone even more than now if they lose to wash, as a desperation move.

That's what I'm afraid of, and personally that philosophy makes no sense to me. You trade for a guy when you're in the position we were in the last 3 years, i.e. when you're already at the top. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2