Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Possibly, but that would depend on what they think about Jones, Walker and Tom as tackles of the future. 

As for Yosh's contract, see Christian Kirk of how insane these things can get on the open market. If other teams believe Yosh is a very good LT, he's getting a truckload of money. 

I’d be playing him at RT and possibly be extending him now. He’s every bit as good as Bak since he came back. Arguably our best OT. 

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I forget, does Rodgers have a no-trade clause in his contract?

I don't think he does. However, I believe the contract is structured in such a way that a trade would result in such a cap hit that there's no way the Packers would do it.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I don't think he does. However, I believe the contract is structured in such a way that a trade would result in such a cap hit that there's no way the Packers would do it.  

That’s what I was thinking as well, but wasn’t sure.  Unless a trade was structured such that the trade partner would acquire all financial liabilities, I’m guessing a Rodgers trade is completely out of the question.  That, and what team is currently in contention AND in need of a QB AND would want to assume the financial burden?  None that I know of.