Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

2 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Chase claypool is coming to Packers

Expecting trade to be done today

Highly doubtful.  When was the last Packer trade you heard about beforehand?  Chances are, if you heard about a potential Packer trade, you can likely cross it off your list of it actually happening.

Cobb is the only one I can think of????

Edited by NFLGURU

57 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There are a few rando vets competing teams will dump, but we need to stop with WRs on winning teams, or ones who just signed contract extensions. Not happening. 

Claypool, Golladay, Toney, Slayton, Agholor, Marvin Jones, Tyler Lockett.

Id say that is the entirety of your WR trade market there.

Not that that extent as far as being "likely".  

But I wonder about Jerry Jeudy.  Denver looks bad.  And they gave up a bunch of picks for Russ.  I'll bet they would listen to an offer.  But it wouldn't be cheap.  Also, he'd be a better receiver right now than anyone we could draft in the first round next year.  And I say this having no knowledge at all of the collegiate WR's.  Just a knowledge of how WR's typically transition to the pro game.

And...I'm a Jeudy fan.  He moves very similarly to 'Vante.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not that that extent as far as being "likely".  

But I wonder about Jerry Jeudy.  Denver looks bad.  And they gave up a bunch of picks for Russ.  I'll bet they would listen to an offer.  But it wouldn't be cheap.  

I think he's looking for cheap.  Jeudy seems a little fragile for me.  You already have guys like Watkins and Watson working with hamstrings going into the winter months.  You get into Dec/Jan, Jeudy doesn't strike me as a cold weather guy.  JMO.

37 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Marvin Jones another possibility. Last year of contract. He is 32, tall, was fast coming out of college, might want a shot to play for a contender, only been to the playoffs once, gives Rodgers some maturity and experience. A kind of deal where the player has to push for it. Has a reputation as a good player and person

Mentioned him earlier in the year. I've always been a fan of Jones' game. Would be a less flashy move to consider. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

There are a few rando vets competing teams will dump, but we need to stop with WRs on winning teams, or ones who just signed contract extensions. Not happening. 

Claypool, Golladay, Toney, Slayton, Agholor, Marvin Jones, Tyler Lockett.

Id say that is the entirety of your WR trade market there.

Bourne is another name to watch. Been highly underused in NE. 

3 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Not to shock any of you with this hot take but...

I don't think we trade for anyone...

I honestly believe that it largely depends on getting a W on Sunday. This team needs to show some life against a pretty pitiful Washington team before you go acquiring new players. 

The entire concept of the Packers trading for a WR1 is absolutely baffling to me.  You really think receiver talent is what's keeping this team from a Super Bowl?  Because we got to see pretty much this exact team with the best WR1 in football for the last two years; how'd those playoffs go again?  Couldn't score 10 points at home last year, so this year we should take from the future to run it back with a much worse WR1? 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Not to shock any of you with this hot take but...

I don't think we trade for anyone...

Probably right.  The trade deadline is Nov 1, I will be interested to see not this week but next weekend (Oct 30) if the Steelers hold Claypool out for their game prior to the deadline.

16 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

The entire concept of the Packers trading for a WR1 is absolutely baffling to me.  You really think receiver talent is what's keeping this team from a Super Bowl?  Because we got to see pretty much this exact team with the best WR1 in football for the last two years; how'd those playoffs go again?  Couldn't score 10 points at home last year, so this year we should take from the future to run it back with a much worse WR1? 

The thought is the defense gels throughout the year and the ST performance from Sunday was an anomaly. Besides EDGE 3, there really aren't snaps available to a trade target to improve the team, we need our investments to play better. Same with OL. That cannot be said for pass catchers.

20 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Receiver talent is one of many problems keeping this team from a SB. Most of those problems can be fixed with adjustments/changes within the current roster. That can't be said for the WR room.