Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

5 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Dunno ......   I honestly can't imagine a world where he says anything nice about Rodgers. Maybe that's overly harsh and he has pictures of him on his wall. Maybe it is all an act.

Anyway whatever, happy for Rodgers to have a stinker today is benched and Love saves the day in the 4th quarter proving him 'right' if it gets us a win today - don't care how we do it. Would have to swerve the forums for a while though. 

I HATE QBs. I hate them so much.

I hate when they ***** about getting hit.

I hate when they get flags for whining.

I hate when they act tough while wearing their stupid red jerseys.

I hate when they act like they're smarter than everybody else when they don't understand the first thing about run blocking alignments. 

I hate how the media covers for them, and how everything is the fault of everybody else on the team. 

I hate how announcers act like every rollout dump off pass to the TE for 3 yards is a credit to their athleticism. 

I hate how stupid fans don't know how to watch the sport and think the QB is everything.

I hate the lie of "The QB gets too much credit in wins and too much blame when they lose." Like, no they ******* don't. The rest of the team gets blamed when they lose. 

I hate how it's just assumed that they're the leader of the team even when they're super ******* annoying.

I hate how fans just assume they're good dudes just because they're QBs. 

+++

And Rodgers is EVERY signle one of these. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I HATE QBs. I hate them so much.

I hate when they ***** about getting hit.

I hate when they get flags for whining.

I hate when they act tough while wearing their stupid red jerseys.

I hate when they act like they're smarter than everybody else when they don't understand the first thing about run blocking alignments. 

I hate how the media covers for them, and how everything is the fault of everybody else on the team. 

I hate how announcers act like every rollout dump off pass to the TE for 3 yards is a credit to their athleticism. 

I hate how stupid fans don't know how to watch the sport and think the QB is everything.

I hate the lie of "The QB gets too much credit in wins and too much blame when they lose." Like, no they ******* don't. The rest of the team gets blamed when they lose. 

I hate how it's just assumed that they're the leader of the team even when they're super ******* annoying.

I hate how fans just assume they're good dudes just because they're QBs. 

+++

And Rodgers is EVERY signle one of these. 

For more evidence of this, Tony Romo has spent this entire Buccaneers game assuring the audience that Tom Brady has not dropped off, but his supporting cast has. 

Finding out that Gute apparently offered a 1st round pick for DJ Moore  is actually more of an indictment of him as a GM than if he actually would have completed a trade. Imagine losing a top 5 1st round pick and watching Rodgers underthrow him deep game after game 

• Like 6

On the topic of QB's....

I was disgusted at Greg Olsen and his constant slobbering over Aaron Rodgers this past game.

He was in disbelief that someone had the athleticism to intercept that pass to Bakhtiari.

You know, the no look throwback that was underthrown by at least 10 yards.  Even if there was no defender in that area, it falls well short of reaching Bakh.

It was one of the worst passes he's thrown.  Even worse than the slant in the end zone that hit a crouched linebacker in the helmet.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

On the topic of QB's....

I was disgusted at Greg Olsen and his constant slobbering over Aaron Rodgers this past game.

He was in disbelief that someone had the athleticism to intercept that pass to Bakhtiari.

You know, the no look throwback that was underthrown by at least 10 yards.  Even if there was no defender in that area, it falls well short of reaching Bakh.

It was one of the worst passes he's thrown.  Even worse than the slant in the end zone that hit a crouched linebacker in the helmet.

A buddy of mine that I watch the Sunday afternoon games with (SF fan) got plenty of entertainment value from my screaming at Olsen that it was not a great defensive play.  It was a crap throw.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 6:39 PM, Isherwood said:

Finding out that Gute apparently offered a 1st round pick for DJ Moore  is actually more of an indictment of him as a GM than if he actually would have completed a trade. Imagine losing a top 5 1st round pick and watching Rodgers underthrow him deep game after game 

Sometimes I wonder if reports like that are true. I kinda think Gute floats that out there so fans will go "well, at least the front office is trying"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

The biggest mistake (by far) from Gute is giving him that extension. Next mistake has probably around 10% the weight of that. It's a franchise damning move.

I'd go even farther. The mistake wasnt even the Rodgers extension, I was the option bonuses that apparently give Rodgers 100% say about when he's done. If you're going to pay that dollar figure you at least need complete control.