Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

11th in sack percentage and 11th in yards per carry. The numbers simply don't back up the idea that our OL is bad. 

As far as a sub-middling WR group, do you have some sort of evidence that we're burning downs because the kids aren't getting open?

I've answered that.  If you think this is a good OL you've lost your credibility.   

If you have watched the games this year and come to any conclusion other than that our WR group is far below average you have lost credibility.

Do you really want to live on that hill?   The overall offensive talent is poor.  We have a special RB.  Non-premium position.

2 hours ago, hitnhope said:

You can trade for draft picks.    Why didn't we sell off Savage 2 years ago for a pick or picks? Why didn't we trade Love last year for a pick or two?  Proactive organizations sell off players that aren't working out.   They trade vets getting toward the end for picks.   Belichick has made a career of doing this.   We don't make moves except during the draft itself.   

We aren't registering our picks as not being what we thought and recouping something.  Instead, we play out the string and then lament that we have to pick 26th in the draft.

You wanted GB to trade away a starting safety and have who start in that spot?

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

So who are you replacing him with?  Or you rolling out 10 on defense?

It doesn't matter.  There are better players all over the league and on practice squads.

Why would you worry about replacing a player that cannot or will not tackle?  A player who consistently misplays the ball in the air.   A player who has receivers running wide open through his zone?

3 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

It doesn't matter.  There are better players all over the league and on practice squads.

Why would you worry about replacing a player that cannot or will not tackle?  A player who consistently misplays the ball in the air.   A player who has receivers running wide open through his zone?

So you wanted Savage traded after the 2020 season?  Is that accurate?

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So you wanted Savage traded after the 2020 season?  Is that accurate?

My point is that they are not identifying players that for whatever reason are not developing and moving on.   Ideally moving on while a player still has some trade value.

Savage hasn't developed at all.  Don't you think the organization should recognize this.  Should they not have recognized this by the end of 2021?

14 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

My point is that they are not identifying players that for whatever reason are not developing and moving on.   Ideally moving on while a player still has some trade value.

Savage hasn't developed at all.  Don't you think the organization should recognize this.  Should they not have recognized this by the end of 2021?

If you look at Savage play his first 2 years vs last year and current year you might spot a change.  

Savage was playing the pass rather well.  Might correspo d with a change in DC.

Games Pass Coverage Pass Rush Tackles
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC Bltz Hrry QBKD Sk Prss Comb MTkl MTkl%
2019 22 GNB FS 26 14 14 2 30 17 56.7% 197 11.6 6.6 2 71.1 10.6 138 59 17 1 1 0.0 2 55 8 12.7%
2020 23 GNB FS 26 15 15 4 39 22 56.4% 381 17.3 9.8 2 67.3 12.9 266 115 9 0 1 1.0 2 75 9 10.7%
2021 24 GNB FS 26 17 17 2 57 37 64.9% 496 13.4 8.7 8 117.4 11.5 244 252 5 2 0 0.0 2 63 10 13.7%
2022 25 GNB S 26 8 8 0 19 12 63.2% 224 18.7 11.8 1 121.4 11.7 149 75 2 0 0 0.0 0 27 2 6.9
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

MLF is calling out our young receivers for running poor routes?

We know Rodgers considers every incompletion the result of a bad route.

Who's film?

Which stat people?

-MLF has called out WR's for wrong routes - but you already know that

-Go to the Dr and point to the doll and let them know where Rodgers hurt you

-The film where 2 wr's run into each other - or 3 guys end up within 5 yards -- those are wrong routes

-Go find the tweets - not my job to inform you

13 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Of course Gute has had hits.  Even bad GM's have hits over a 5 year span.

I just think that he has handled the QB position very poorly over the last 3 years.   Drafting Love was a double mistake.   It was too soon on the timeline and Love simply isn't good enough.   If anyone should know AR, it should have been Packers management.  It was entirely predictable that the drama we have had the last several years would be the result of making the Love move.   He then abandoned his plan when the timeline was right to move on.

I also do not think Gute has been at all proactive at the WR position or especially special teams.   All last year our special teams were a glaring problem.  We did nothing to correct them, and it very well cost us the SB.  I think most of the GM's I listed would not have left their team in the position.  we threw away a championship window because we weren't bold enough to make the move.   In today's NFL teams on the cusp are doing things to improve their chances.  We stand pat.

I do agree that he handled the QB position poorly - ONLY because they did not move on when a prime opportunity presented itself this season. Half measures weren't going to work this season.

re: the bolded - what is a GM supposed to do about a bad special teams unit? Force the ST coach to use starters on ST? Force the HC to fire the ST coach? The Packers structure, from what we know about it, doesn't really allow for that kind of move by the GM.

The Packers championship window also took two major hits after the trade deadline in positions you really can't save to begin with. Losing Bakh in '20 and then Jenkins in '21 set the OL behind big time and it caught up with them. 

A similar thing ultimately sunk KC vs. Tampa in '20. They lost most of their OL. They had no real way to save it.

The Bengals, whose GM you mentioned, went the entire season with a real bad OL that ultimately killed them. 

The 49ers were derailed by a coaching and QB collapse. And now they've likely overcorrected and are really putting their window at risk with the loss of all the assets to get Trey Lance and CMC.