Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yes.  It moves the needle.  Quite a bit.

If CM3 is healthy.  

Check Down Jimmy is going to love him as an option.   And with that Shanny run system, he's going to be a huge weapon.

This moves makes Jimmy G better.  His IOL stays the same and so does the secondary.  

Check down Jimmy already had Deebo.  Only one of them can be the "checkdown" is CMC better I'm that role than Deebo?

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Check down Jimmy already had Deebo.  Only one of them can be the "checkdown" is CMC better I'm that role than Deebo?

Interchangeable.

They will each free up the other, too.

The only issue with the trade is CM3's health.  If he's healthy, that is a great get for that team.  If he isn't?  Well....

• Like 1

So.  I'm going to tell on myself.

I don't really know what a DJ Moore is.  I looked up his career stats, how in the heck does he do this while a Panther???

55 for 788 2 TD as a rookie.

87 for 1175 4 TD's as a second year player.

66 for 1193 4 TD's as a third year player.

93 for 1157 4 TD's as a fourth year player.

20 for 204 and 1 TD so far this year.

Dude is 6 feet tall 210 pounds and I think he ran in the mid 4.4's on his 40.  Sub 7 on the 3 cone.

Anyone really know him and how he plays?  Because for the numbers it looks like Moore > Claypool.  And I just don't know anything about DJ Moore. 

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Good thing GB never had a WR2 that was comparable to Adams in 2020 and 2021

Not really a comparable situation when an offensive play usually has a single underneath option, which is the specialty of both McCaffrey and Deebo. My guess is that this will make Deebo more a true WR1, I don't think he's quite as dangerous as a strict WR. In fact I'd argue he's more dangerous after the catch than McCaffrey.

As I've said in other forums, if SF was willing to pay heavily for a CAR weapon, I think they should've targeted DJ Moore.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Not really a comparable situation when an offensive play usually has a single underneath option, which is the specialty of both McCaffrey and Deebo. My guess is that this will make Deebo more a true WR1, I don't think he's quite as dangerous as a strict WR. In fact I'd argue he's more dangerous after the catch than McCaffrey.

So you think defending 1 of Deebo/CMC is as easy as defending both of them on the field at the same time?  Interesting take

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

As I've said in other forums, if SF was willing to pay heavily for a CAR weapon, I think they should've targeted DJ Moore.

if the choice for Moore was a 1st and 2nd + vs CMC being the package they gave....you have your answer.

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So you think defending 1 of Deebo/CMC is as easy as defending both of them on the field at the same time?  Interesting take

if the choice for Moore was a 1st and 2nd + vs CMC being the package they gave....you have your answer.

I think the needle doesn't move as much as it would've if you found a true WR1 to let Deebo be more unique. It about maximizing resources.

I highly doubt that's the package it would take to get Moore. He's getting late 1st value, like Hollywood Brown and AJ Brown. What they gave up for CMC is pretty damn close, move that 2024 5th to a 3rd and I think that does it.

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I heard that DJ Moore's contract would be such a huge hit for the Panthers, the chances of the Panthers trading him is extremely unlikely.  We'll see.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Does it really move the needle a ton? Are two Deebo's better than one? Still have Jimmy G and a vulnerable IOL and secondary.

When one is a wr that can rush and the other is a rb that can catch, absolutely. Shanahan will be able to do so much with that combo + kittle. The weapons other teams have make me so jealous. 

17 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I heard that DJ Moore's contract would be such a huge hit for the Panthers, the chances of the Panthers trading him is extremely unlikely.  We'll see.

So.  I don't know if I'm reading Spotrac correctly, but....

If he's traded, the signing bonus accelerates.  Base Salary goes with him.

Looks like they would be on the hook for $15M on the signing bonus.

Trading team inherits a very low base salary this year.  Next year it is just under $20M.  Then 15.85M.  Then 14.85M.

In other words, I don't think the dead money is all that bad because of the salary vs signing bonus.

Acquiring team can easily convert salary to signing bonus and get a really good contract for the player.

And he's only 25.  Locked up until he's 29.

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think the needle doesn't move as much as it would've if you found a true WR1 to let Deebo be more unique. It about maximizing resources.

I highly doubt that's the package it would take to get Moore. He's getting late 1st value, like Hollywood Brown and AJ Brown. What they gave up for CMC is pretty damn close, move that 2024 5th to a 3rd and I think that does it.

How do you define true number one. Debo is twice the wr of any on our current roster. They also have one of the best TE's in the league to take pressure off debo and everyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Aiyuk is more than plenty as a WR1 - he's been excellent since they let him back on the field in week 8 or so last year.

Deebo is Deebo

But McCaffrey actually does play a different position to Deebo.  He's Mostert/Eli Mitchell.  Not like Deebo comes off when those guys run wild.

Anyway, the Kittle/Deebo/Mccaffrey spacing should be amazing and make things really easier on Jimmy G.  He won't have to stretch the field vertically at all if they open up easy reads between the 3 of them.

43 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So.  I don't know if I'm reading Spotrac correctly, but....

If he's traded, the signing bonus accelerates.  Base Salary goes with him.

Looks like they would be on the hook for $15M on the signing bonus.

Trading team inherits a very low base salary this year.  Next year it is just under $20M.  Then 15.85M.  Then 14.85M.

In other words, I don't think the dead money is all that bad because of the salary vs signing bonus.

Acquiring team can easily convert salary to signing bonus and get a really good contract for the player.

And he's only 25.  Locked up until he's 29.

DJ moore is a top 15 WR in the eyes of the league.  It's gonna take a LOT to land him

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So.  I'm going to tell on myself.

I don't really know what a DJ Moore is.  I looked up his career stats, how in the heck does he do this while a Panther???

55 for 788 2 TD as a rookie.

87 for 1175 4 TD's as a second year player.

66 for 1193 4 TD's as a third year player.

93 for 1157 4 TD's as a fourth year player.

20 for 204 and 1 TD so far this year.

Dude is 6 feet tall 210 pounds and I think he ran in the mid 4.4's on his 40.  Sub 7 on the 3 cone.

Anyone really know him and how he plays?  Because for the numbers it looks like Moore > Claypool.  And I just don't know anything about DJ Moore. 

ya his measurables are nice. would be ecstatic if we could get him for a 1st and 3rd and i don't even want a wr

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 1