Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

More than likely GB will not trade for anyone of consequence, and they're sure not going to give what it's going to take to get a Claypool type.  They also will not sell.  The team made a major mistake by not trading Ol Rodg for a kings ransom when they had the chance.  In reality, they should sell.  Preston Smith, Jones, Amos, anyone in those contract like situations IF you can get good comp.  They are going to be in cap hell when Rodg retires after this year and they cut Bak.  They are going to need to rebuild fast, and they will need picks to do that.

This team is not going anywhere post season with an old regressing QB leading the way, a guy who in the last dozen years on some great teams and many good teams couldn't get us there when he was in his prime.  He looks old now, he plays old.

Sell Rodgers???

Once AR is done, all the mistakes by Gute are going to be a lot more easy to see. Even if they find an incredible DC, they won't turn this ship around until they clean the FO. I had hoped otherwise, but the writing is on the wall. Their only chance for quite some years will be with AR at the helm. rough years ahead

2 hours ago, R T said:

It wouldn't be a shock if the Packers made a deal a WR, but I still doubt it happens. Anyone added wouldn't know the playbook and would have zero chemistry with Aaron and would be useless for several weeks. This isn't fantasy where the playbook and chemistry doesn't matter.  If the Packers were dealing with season ending injuries at the position it would be different, but they are not.  

We're 3-4 with upcoming games against Buffalo, Dallas, Tennessee and Philly. 4 week injuries might as well be season enders at this point. The next month is our season. We aren't 6-1 with a margin for error.

I don't disagree with your point that immediate chemistry is not likely to happen, but giving up on a season with a 39 year old QB the world knows you could have gotten multiple first round picks for is an awfully bad look for any FO.

Hey...I don't blame Gute for not dealing picks to acquire expensive proven players. He'll need those picks to acquire cheap unproven players.

Think of this another way...You don't know that Gute messed up on a draft pick for months or years. Messing up on a trade in-season points back to Gutey's pompadouri more obviously and immediately.

Ring Ring: Trade?

Gutey: Yeah...no.

Media: Trade?

Gutey: We were in on some conversations.

Edited by Uffdaswede

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

We're 3-4 with upcoming games against Buffalo, Dallas, Tennessee and Philly. 4 week injuries might as well be season enders at this point. The next month is our season. We aren't 6-1 with a margin for error.

I don't disagree with your point that immediate chemistry is not likely to happen, but giving up on a season with a 39 year old QB the world knows you could have gotten multiple first round picks for is an awfully bad look for any FO.

As bad as things are for our FO I wouldn't be surprised if they got another chance this off-season to rewrite their wrong.  They'd probably screw it up again though. 

2023 and 2024 3rds and Lazard for Jeudy, Jenkins for E.Moore, and 4th and condition future pick for Toney.

Trade Bak for a 2nd

Bench/Trade ARod

Love has Jeudy,Moore,Toney,Watkins,Watson and Doubs to chuck the ball too and learn. 

Oline Njman,Runyan,Meyers,Tom,Walker….Throw em in the fire.

Throw Amos and Jones on the block..

is there any team we could trade ARod structurally that we could get anything for?

Edited by fattlipp

2 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

2023 and 2024 3rds and Lazard for Jeudy, Jenkins for E.Moore, and 4th and condition future pick for Toney.

Trade Bak for a 2nd

Bench/Trade ARod

Love has Jeudy,Moore,Toney,Watkins,Watson and Doubs to chuck the ball too and learn. 

Oline Njman,Runyan,Meyers,Tom,Walker….Throw em in the fire.

is there any team we could trade ARod too structurally that we could get anything for?

Your solution for Love is to trade good quality OL and draft picks to add skill players for underperforming WRs? That'll help his development for sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm kinda intrigued by Atlanta TE Kyle Pitts.  Not sure if it's scheme or him.  Not sure if he's on the block or what I'd give up for him, but just wonder what we could do with him not only this year, but down the road.

I was also thinking we could throw an offer to the Bills for Von Miller

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Your solution for Love is to trade good quality OL and draft picks to add skill players for underperforming WRs? That'll help his development for sure.

Well with Rodgers gone, we have to cut Jones, Amos, Lowry, P.Smith, Bak and not sign Jenkins and Lazard. Hopefully we can still sign Gary with 5he 40mil dead cap from ARod.

trading away 2 3rds and a 4th and taking in probably a 2nd(Bak), 3rd(Amos) and 4th(Jones) maybe 4th(P.Smith), 6th(Lowry is a net positive

Just getting the ball rolling now

Jones should have went to NYJ instead of Robinson, we missed that opportunity.

Time to give Hill and Goodson some run.

Edited by fattlipp