Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

19 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Jeudy>>>Claypool though if the compensation is similar.

Not sure why the broncos would do that though

I think Jeudy wants out.

He does have some warts (in his game) though. He has a year and a half left on his contract. Rumor is GB put in a call. I think they need another player or two besides Jeudy to resurrect this thing. But this is panic mode/ desperation, and the right call: truly, the only option this team has is win it now cuz winning fixes everything and the future is bleak. You have a pretty good haul from this draft class (don't know how deep next year's is). You have a darn bad track record drafting that needs a hard looking at: dumping your OWN picks at break neck pace, and more cuts coming. At some point, Gute needs to look in the mirror and I have a little hope for him there actually. He has at least shown he can correct mistakes unlike the prior regime. So, cross your fingers.

As bad as I see it, I can see them drag this out and make a shot. But this team is in now, and I honestly don't think they know how to build a team: evidence is in. But you need a plan now to replace Barry: there are a few options. There is enough talent and still enough good coaches on this team to make it work. Gute is adept at identifying nfl talent at least.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Your solution for Love is to trade good quality OL and draft picks to add skill players for underperforming WRs? That'll help his development for sure.

Ray, when the pack loses the Madden moves come out. Everyone is a GM, everyone has the right move, knows the easy fix. Yet they are in some other industry paying considerably less than your AVG NFL exec is making. It's so easy to fix, yet the Browns, Jags, Texans among others suck year in and year out. Better yet there are nearly 6 new playoff teams every year due to turnover, roster moves, FA moves and drafts. I love when the Pack win, but when they lose this place turns into a terrible place.............I know what will fix things. I watch football every week and bet on fanduel. I won 10 bucks last week:). 

5 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

I think Jeudy wants out.

He does have some warts (in his game) though. He has a year and a half left on his contract. Rumor is GB put in a call. I think they need another player or two besides Jeudy to resurrect this thing. But this is panic mode/ desperation, and the right call: truly, the only option this team has is win it now cuz winning fixes everything and the future is bleak. You have a pretty good haul from this draft class (don't know how deep next year's is). You have a darn bad track record drafting that needs a hard looking at: dumping your OWN picks at break neck pace, and more cuts coming. At some point, Gute needs to look in the mirror and I have a little hope for him there actually. He has at least shown he can correct mistakes unlike the prior regime. So, cross your fingers.

As bad as I see it, I can see them drag this out and make a shot. But this team is in now, and I honestly don't think they know how to build a team: evidence is in. But you need a plan now to replace Barry: there are a few options. There is enough talent and still enough good coaches on this team to make it work. Gute is adept at identifying nfl talent at least.

I think both the Broncos and Packers know that they aren't doing anything this year.

I really like Jeudy's game.  He's very, very quick.  And strong.  With pretty good speed.  I'd love to build a WR around him for the future.  I'm sure they do as well.  But they already have Sutton and no draft picks, so something has to give for them.

I'm not giving them a first for Jeudy.  I'm also not giving them one of our good young players.  Like JA.  Then a couple of our vets on good deals just signed them, so they will be tough to move.

So...I'm looking at Savage.  I think we know by now that he isn't much at safety.  If we could move him, I don't feel like we see a drop off with Ford for now and we can do better than Savage in FA or the draft.

Jeudy for Savage and a 4'th.  Or Jeudy for a second, straight up.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think both the Broncos and Packers know that they aren't doing anything this year.

I really like Jeudy's game.  He's very, very quick.  And strong.  With pretty good speed.  I'd love to build a WR around him for the future.  I'm sure they do as well.  But they already have Sutton and no draft picks, so something has to give for them.

I'm not giving them a first for Jeudy.  I'm also not giving them one of our good young players.  Like JA.  Then a couple of our vets on good deals just signed them, so they will be tough to move.

So...I'm looking at Savage.  I think we know by now that he isn't much at safety.  If we could move him, I don't feel like we see a drop off with Ford for now and we can do better than Savage in FA or the draft.

Jeudy for Savage and a 4'th.  Or Jeudy for a second, straight up.

Can you explain why people have Juedy's value so high?

A 2nd round?  For what? Marquise and AJ Brown went for a first. we would essentially have to resign Juedy next year and he hasn't produced anywhere near those two.

Maybe a 3rd at best. I  was thinking a 4th tbh.

10 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

A 2nd round?  For what? Marquise and AJ Brown went for a first. we would essentially have to resign Juedy next year and he hasn't produced anywhere near those two.

Juedy in Green Bay in cold weather? I like him, but he's not a Lambeau in Dec/Jan fit.  Kinda frail for the pounding our WRs go through.

26 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Because I want Jeudy and won't do a first rounder, so I might as well say second?

I agree with you about production.  I also think Jeudy blew a knee two years ago or something like that.

But he's an athletic stud.  He moves differently than anyone else out there.  If he had a QB for these first few years he'd have those stats, too.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We're 3-4 with upcoming games against Buffalo, Dallas, Tennessee and Philly. 4 week injuries might as well be season enders at this point. The next month is our season. We aren't 6-1 with a margin for error.

I don't disagree with your point that immediate chemistry is not likely to happen, but giving up on a season with a 39 year old QB the world knows you could have gotten multiple first round picks for is an awfully bad look for any FO.

Said nothing about giving up on the season. Trading for players that won't help win any more games than if they didn't trade for them is only pacifying the nitwit portion of the fanbase.    

23 minutes ago, R T said:

Said nothing about giving up on the season. Trading for players that won't help win any more games than if they didn't trade for them is only pacifying the nitwit portion of the fanbase.    

It helps other teams, why wouldn't it help this team? Are we really held that much hostage by our QB that we can't utilize a more talented mid-season acquisition? Glad we paid record setting dollars for that privilege.

25 minutes ago, R T said:

One of these days RT, I'm going to get on this site and see a post by you where you don't mention or allude to the fan base being stupid, moronic or idiotic of some way, shape or form. I know it's your go-to but I have hope my man. 

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm kinda intrigued by Atlanta TE Kyle Pitts.  Not sure if it's scheme or him.  Not sure if he's on the block or what I'd give up for him, but just wonder what we could do with him not only this year, but down the road.

There's 0% chance the Falcons trade Pitts.  There's no legitimate reason for the Falcons to even consider moving him.  None.

2 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

It's not.  But Denver probably doesn't give him up for anything short of a Day 2 pick, and even then that's probably not likely.

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Because I want Jeudy and won't do a first rounder, so I might as well say second?

I agree with you about production.  I also think Jeudy blew a knee two years ago or something like that.

But he's an athletic stud.  He moves differently than anyone else out there.  If he had a QB for these first few years he'd have those stats, too.

It was Sutton who tore his ACL. Jeudy had a high ankle sprain.

8 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Ray, when the pack loses the Madden moves come out. Everyone is a GM, everyone has the right move, knows the easy fix. Yet they are in some other industry paying considerably less than your AVG NFL exec is making. It's so easy to fix, yet the Browns, Jags, Texans among others suck year in and year out. Better yet there are nearly 6 new playoff teams every year due to turnover, roster moves, FA moves and drafts. I love when the Pack win, but when they lose this place turns into a terrible place.............I know what will fix things. I watch football every week and bet on fanduel. I won 10 bucks last week:). 

Hey, in my Madden season after 2020 I traded literally every member of the offense except for Jenkins, Love, and Deguara plus Z and Amos for draft picks and DK Metcalf and then won 2 straight Super Bowls with Love and Metcalf setting NFL passing and receiving records.

Obviously it's just that easy.