Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

2 minutes ago, ukfan said:

I was trying be realistic. You think not?

yeah, I don't think Pittman is realistic.  I think you would be able to swing a Rashan Gary for Pittman type deal, but it would need to be a premier player or a lot of draft capital

Indy is looking to compete for the SB, and they have an older QB - they won't be trading away young productive WRs

Just now, skibrett15 said:

yeah, I don't think Pittman is realistic.  I think you would be able to swing a Rashan Gary for Pittman type deal, but it would need to be a premier player or a lot of draft capital

Indy is looking to compete for the SB, and they have an older QB - they won't be trading away young productive WRs

Fair enough. What picks you think we would need give up?

2 minutes ago, ukfan said:

Fair enough. What picks you think we would need give up?

put it this way, I don't think it's in the realm of possibility, but I'd start with a 2023 First and a 2023 2nd and a 2024 2nd.  I might consider that if I'm the Colts because it's a bit of an overpay, but even so, what do you do at WR if you're the colts?

Edited by skibrett15

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

put it this way, I don't think it's in the realm of possibility, but I'd start with a 2023 First and a 2023 2nd and a 2024 2nd.  I might consider that if I'm the Colts because it's a bit of an overpay, but even so, what do you do at WR if you're the colts?

👍 

Not worth it then. You think Boyd also no chance? 

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

More than we got for Davante Adams! 😂

And you think he's unreasonable! "a bit of an overpay!" 😅

Here is where we can agree though, we aren't trading for him. 

Edited by Old Guy

If a player does not play for the following teams, please do not create any scenarios of trading for them as they aren't for sale: Steelers, Texans, Panthers, Falcons, Commanders, Giants (only if their last names are Golladay, Slayton or Toney), Seahawks, Jaguars, Dolphins (if their last name is Gesicki). 

Just now, Old Guy said:

Did you read his post? If I walk up to you and ask if you want to sell your house, you say no, and then I offered you straight up value for it, are you then compelled to sell your house?

Just now, ukfan said:

👍

Not worth it then. You think Boyd also no chance? 

Tyler Boyd?  I think there's a chance there.

In general, I think the players who get dealt in-season meet some of the following criteria, which Boyd doesn't really fall into.

1) Disgruntled player

2) Lack of a defined role on the existing team

3) Highly paid player on an underperforming team looking to rebuild for 2-3 years down the line (future salary transaction)

4) Overpay for a replaceable player due to injury at the arriving team (Sam Bradford)

5) Existing team has a new staff/GM who wasn't a part of the original player's draft process

6) Player returning from injury who has been replaced 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Here is where we can agree though, we aren't trading for him. 

what is your point?  Of course it's more than we got for Davante Adams.  Adams left at a discount he wasn't under contract...

No GM in the league would trade Pittman for Davante Adams straight up with contracts in hand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If a player does not play for the following teams, please do not create any scenarios of trading for them as they aren't for sale: Steelers, Texans, Panthers, Falcons, Commanders, Giants (only if their last names are Golladay, Slayton or Toney), Seahawks, Jaguars, Dolphins (if their last name is Gesicki). 

Aren't you the one who wanted Clowney? Isn't he on one of the teams not mentioned in post above? 

I think there are a few other teams who will be selling or potentially selling at the trade deadline as well. Detroit for one. I think Chicago might but who do they have to trade? Roquan Smith?