Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What pieces do we sell?  Maybe someone wants Rasul?  

We can't trade:  Rodgers, Bakhtiari, Clark, Preston, Jaire, Jones, Campbell, Quay, Wyatt, or Watson.  There is not enough cap space.  

Someone want to buy low on Jenkins or Yosh?  Maybe Dillon, but why? I can't imagine that there is a bigger market for Love right now than there would have been in the offseason.  What exactly are we moving?

I do half agree though.  If we do lose to Washington and Buffalo, we shouldn't be buyers.  

Yea I meant it more figuratively. I don't think we'd actually sell anyone or that there would be a realistic option another team would want. Maybe Savage? 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

The days without a trade counter thread that doubles as a taking bets and bragging rights thread.

My official prediction?

The Packers trade for nobody every day from here until after you can’t do it anymore anyway.

Five years from now, a 6th round draft pick that would have been used in a trade has a 7 sack season in his third year, thus justifying that decision.

What's the floor for an acceptable trade? Because the Packers did trade a 6th round pick for Cobb last year so it's entirely possible they cross an incredibly low bar and trade for a LS or 4th string guard or something.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Yea I meant it more figuratively. I don't think we'd actually sell anyone or that there would be a realistic option another team would want. Maybe Savage? 

Savage, Rasul, or any of the non-Bak OL, or maybe Jarran Reed.  Everyone that I first listed comes with a huge cap hit that we couldn't afford, and is probably also the list of players that anyone else would want to add to possibly make a playoff run.  Like, I like Keisean Nixon, but who is trading anything for him to put their team over the top?

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If we truly are interested, get ready for a bidding war with KC. They just restructured Kelce's contract to open up another $3.5 mil and I guarantee that's for a move at WR. Normally I'd say we'd have the advantage there given NFC vs. AFC, but the Steelers just traded Ingram to KC last season so there's history there. 

Yeah, I saw that and I wanted to bring up to Rodgers that if he wants a trade, it’s not gonna work if he doesn’t adjust things.

Why would we give up a draft pick for a guy who Rodgers has never thrown to and will use that as an excuse to never throw to him?

Talk about a circular firing squad.

Rodgers is the problem! We should be selling at the trade deadline. I said that in the Game 6 postgame thread. I believe in the opening post. 

Edited by Old Guy

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I saw that and I wanted to bring up to Rodgers that if he wants a trade, it’s not gonna work if he doesn’t adjust things.

I think they could afford exactly Chase Claypool. But it's only going to be players on those kinds of rookie contracts.

33 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We can't trade:  Rodgers, Bakhtiari, Clark, Preston, Jaire, Jones, Campbell, Quay, Wyatt, or Watson.  There is not enough cap space.  

Someone want to buy low on Jenkins or Yosh?  Maybe Dillon, but why? I can't imagine that there is a bigger market for Love right now than there would have been in the offseason.  What exactly are we moving?

I do half agree though.  If we do lose to Washington and Buffalo, we shouldn't be buyers.  

Yosh, Dillon, Jenkins come to mind because of the limited cap implications, and you could actually get something of value in return. Plus, I'm not giving those guys another contract. Yosh is OK, but he's not a franchise type of player which you give him a big contract. Dillon is a RB and we paid Jones, who is still a lot better than Dillon. Jenkins is not a tackle, and I would not give a guard the kind of money he's going to want. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Yeah I don't think they could really sell anything either, but would it be tank time? Wouldn't happen on purpose but maybe they'll end up tanking by accident lol

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yosh, Dillon, Jenkins come to mind because of the limited cap implications, and you could actually get something of value in return. Plus, I'm not giving those guys another contract. Yosh is OK, but he's not a franchise type of player which you give him a big contract. Dillon is a RB and we paid Jones, who is still a lot better than Dillon. Jenkins is not a tackle, and I would not give a guard the kind of money he's going to want. 

I would at least start a dialogue with Yosh.  He has developed into a pretty good player.  At least see what the number is before letting him go.  That is assuming that he gets a shot on the right side before the end of the season.  I think the same goes for Jenkins.  At least see what he wants.  I am not paying him top tackle money.  But really good guard money? I am open to it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Striker said:

I think they could afford exactly Chase Claypool. But it's only going to be players on those kinds of rookie 

Claypool is kind of a loose cannon.  Don't think he brings the difference maker quality the Packers need.  Good player, just doesn't get the separation to have consistent impact.  

I wouldn't be disappointed if they got him for the right price.  He doesn't strike me as a high volume guy, but can have his moments.

Chances of this happening?  Possible but pretty unlikely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norm said:

A 3rd because whoever we draft will be on the street there not long after we take them

If I were Gute, I would trade my 3rd round pick every year for a real NFL football player. Any position, doesn't matter, just a player who has proved he can play well in the NFL.

• Like 3

We should be sellers.  Let's not kid ourselves, this is not a team that can win in the playoffs.  We may shock a team or two that take us lightly, but we are not a good football this year.

But...instead of selling now, I'm now thinking buy.  Trade for Claypool.  He won't help this year, but let's trade for him and give him a nice deal for 3 years.  That could be enough to entice Rodgers to hang around...to go along with Doubs and Watson...and maybe even Lazard.

And if that doesn't keep #12 around....it gives more weaponry to Love.  And he's going to need all the help he can get.  Claypool isn't all that, but he's better than anything we have right now.  And it isn't even close.

• Like 3