Thanksgiving, Week 12: VIKINGS (8-2) at Lions (6-4)

swede700

4 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Right, but if you really think the Rams offense is anything similar to what the Lions is your just fooling yourself. I'm not saying it won't be tight, it's just Stafford kind of is a better QB than Jared Goff too.

I'm sure they are different but the rams did have the #1 offense I thought.  How are the wrs?

8 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Right, but if you really think the Rams offense is anything similar to what the Lions is your just fooling yourself. I'm not saying it won't be tight, it's just Stafford kind of is a better QB than Jared Goff too.

Literally Evey week its "Minnesota plays nobody worthwhile". Every week a new excuse.

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Literally Evey week its "Minnesota plays nobody worthwhile". Every week a new excuse.

Well I'm not really saying that. What I mean is the game plan for your defense is likely to stop Stafford and get a pass rush, because EVERYONE stops the Lions run game. The Lions success on offense isn't based off running or our RB. It's completely based off the good/bad play of Matt Stafford. He's literally had the worst run game for, forever, it seems and he's still considered in "Most" circles a top 10 QB.

Stopping Stafford seems... SEEMS to be harder than stopping most teams run game, including the Rams. That's all I'm trying to point out.

11 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Well I'm not really saying that. What I mean is the game plan for your defense is likely to stop Stafford and get a pass rush, because EVERYONE stops the Lions run game. The Lions success on offense isn't based off running or our RB. It's completely based off the good/bad play of Matt Stafford. He's literally had the worst run game for, forever, it seems and he's still considered in "Most" circles a top 10 QB.

Stopping Stafford seems... SEEMS to be harder than stopping most teams run game, including the Rams. That's all I'm trying to point out.

Do they run more of a quick passing game now?  If he holds on to the ball for a while I like the chances of the pass rush getting to him

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Do they run more of a quick passing game now?  If he holds on to the ball for a while I like the chances of the pass rush getting to him

Depends on the team honestly and match ups. Lions offensive, as a passing unit can do really quick stuff with the TE's, RB's, and Golden Tate. They've also got guys like Marvin Jones and Kenny Golladay that can beat people deep, and Golladay with his size compared to everyone else on our team at WR is a bit of redzone threat.

Your defense is built well to get to the QB though, and that's the best way to beat the Lions. Pretty much any team, but especially the Lions who are QB dependent on success.

2 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

If I'm Detroit, I would feel disrespected with that pregame show.   The show was 60% Vikings,  25% Lions  15% other news....

So basically how Vikings fans feel every Monday watching ESPN/NFL Network/Fox Sports 1/etc. when looking for national recap of the Vikings game?

8-2 Vikings get 30 seconds after beating 7-3 Rams. 5-5 Cowboys get a full 15 minute breakdown of their 37-9 loss to the Eagles.

Archived