Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

4 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Terrible take.

It happens to every elite team. Thank the maker most of you can only post online as if yo had the keys to a company you're likely be broke and shut down. 

What on earth is this reply. Did I say I'm qualified to be a GM ? No. Also how would the Packers shut down from a bad GM. Just an idiotic take.

Gute was handed a dream job with elite players in a lot of positions. We were a game away and his horrific drafting and inability to capitalize on adding players  via trade or fa  slammed the window shut. His drafts are awful aside from a few first rounders and a brilliant trade with the saints in his first season as GM. 

He's had more than enough time and anyone thinking he's done a good job is delusional. 2020 and 2021 drafts are all time bad for a team competing for a Superbowl. He's not the guy.

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1

I'm worried that if Love doesn't get any playing time this season, he will never get a chance to lead us back to the top in subsequent seasons because he will demand a trade. We need to secure him for the future now and bench Rodgers for the rest of the season. The Packers are a publicly-traded company. They can probably vote to remove Rodgers from his starting position, and if LaFluer doesn't comply, he will be fired.

Just now, pf9 said:

I'm worried that if Love doesn't get any playing time this season, he will never get a chance to lead us back to the top in subsequent seasons because he will demand a trade. We need to secure him for the future now and bench Rodgers for the rest of the season. The Packers are a publicly-traded company. They can probably vote to remove Rodgers from his starting position, and if LaFluer doesn't comply, he will be fired.

GB is not a publicly traded company.  The stock sales are limit in when they are done as a means to raise money for capital investments to the stadium/practice facilities.  There is no dividends or earnings that holders of Packers stock receive like shares of Microsoft stock has.  

3 minutes ago, pf9 said:

There's an idea. Have 537,460 stockholders decide who the starting QB should be. 

I think you are likely right about Jaire wanting out. He has really been pretty irritated about not lining up on the best receivers, judging by his press interviews. The only thing that may work in favor of him staying is the definite possibility of a new defensive coordinator coming on board. Maybe Jaire would be more agreeable to someone like Jerry Gray? I believe I have read that Gray had been a coordinator previously...or maybe it's just time to make a clean sweep and bring in some new minds (and hopefully some coaches who will stand up to players who make dumb mistakes).

1 minute ago, Gypsy1027 said:

I think you are likely right about Jaire wanting out. He has really been pretty irritated about not lining up on the best receivers, judging by his press interviews. The only thing that may work in favor of him staying is the definite possibility of a new defensive coordinator coming on board. Maybe Jaire would be more agreeable to someone like Jerry Gray? I believe I have read that Gray had been a coordinator previously...or maybe it's just time to make a clean sweep and bring in some new minds (and hopefully some coaches who will stand up to players who make dumb mistakes).

It's definitely time for an entirely new staff on D. There isn't a single position group performing well on defense right now. Maybe Dline, but even that's not been real great. There's no reason to keep a single coach on that staff. 

Hypothetically, how much draft capital would we get if we went for a full burn it down rebuild and traded Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Jaire, Bakh, Jenkins, Clark and Gary(at trade deadline)

Hypothetically

Rodgers: 1st and 3rd if we agree to take on a large portion of contract for new team

Aaron Jones: 0 guaranteed after this year. 3rd and 4th 

Jaire: 2 1sts for a top 5 corner sounds about right 

Bakh: if he stays healthy for rest of the year, a 2nd. New team would be getting a top 10 LT at a steep discount 

Jenkins: Tag and trade. His versatility and performance at guard should net a 1st

Kenny Clark: Packers eat 20m of dead cap. New team would be getting him at 13.9/yr. Trade him for a 1st

Gary: Rams rumored to have offered 2 1sts for Burns. We'll use that as the market rate for an elite young edge

Next year, figure out if Love is QB of the future or not. If not, tank for a QB. Salivating at the thought of loading up on draft capital,  7 1sts, a 2nd, 2 3rds and a 4th, and having a QB on a rookie contract with a ton of cap space to fill out the roster

2 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Hypothetically, how much draft capital would we get if we went for a full burn it down rebuild and traded Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Jaire, Bakh, Jenkins, Clark and Gary(at trade deadline)

Hypothetically

Rodgers: 1st and 3rd if we agree to take on a large portion of contract for new team

Aaron Jones: 0 guaranteed after this year. 3rd and 4th 

Jaire: 2 1sts for a top 5 corner sounds about right 

Bakh: if he stays healthy for rest of the year, a 2nd. New team would be getting a top 10 LT at a steep discount 

Jenkins: Tag and trade. His versatility and performance at guard should net a 1st

Kenny Clark: Packers eat 20m of dead cap. New team would be getting him at 13.9/yr. Trade him for a 1st

Gary: Rams rumored to have offered 2 1sts for Burns. We'll use that as the market rate for an elite young edge

Next year, figure out if Love is QB of the future or not. If not, tank for a QB. Salivating at the thought of loading up on draft capital,  7 1sts, a 2nd, 2 3rds and a 4th, and having a QB on a rookie contract with a ton of cap space to fill out the roster

I dunno if we'd really net all that but it'd be worth a shot. I'm of the opinion that if we're gonna have to eat cap then we may as well as completely gut it and start over. 

13 minutes ago, Gypsy1027 said:

Given the disappointing play of the secondary, I doubt Jerry will be in consideration for DC. If Barry goes, I suspect Gray will be gone too.  

20 minutes ago, Gypsy1027 said:

Geez, you can't cater to individual players. We did that with Ego Rodgers and it all went south.

Folks like blaming the defense,  but it's the offense that has sh** the bed.

9 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

I dunno if we'd really net all that but it'd be worth a shot. I'm of the opinion that if we're gonna have to eat cap then we may as well as completely gut it and start over. 

I'll need five concepts explained in detail.......waiting......waiting.......

Just now, Dubz41 said:

I'll need five concepts explained in detail.......waiting......waiting.......

something better than "scramble drill." That idiot spouts about "innovation" and can only come up with one thing, and it was the thing that was the downfall of the offense. Creativity does not equal innovation. Most people are too dense to understand this. 

2 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

something better than "scramble drill." That idiot spouts about "innovation" and can only come up with one thing, and it was the thing that was the downfall of the offense. Creativity does not equal innovation. Most people are too dense to understand this. 

The world doesn't need to revolve around your definitions.  @vegas492is one of the more subtle, insightful posters on this forum and you come in and label him an idiot?  

What forum did you get kicked out from that you had to come here to espouse ill informed opinions?

3 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

What on earth is this reply. Did I say I'm qualified to be a GM ? No. Also how would the Packers shut down from a bad GM. Just an idiotic take.

Gute was handed a dream job with elite players in a lot of positions. We were a game away and his horrific drafting and inability to capitalize on adding players  via trade or fa  slammed the window shut. His drafts are awful aside from a few first rounders and a brilliant trade with the saints in his first season as GM. 

He's had more than enough time and anyone thinking he's done a good job is delusional. 2020 and 2021 drafts are all time bad for a team competing for a Superbowl. He's not the guy.

Yup.  I mean, I like Stokes and Dillon, and ill give him Watson for this season, but guys like Amari Rodgers and Deguara are wastes of roster spots.  Two diseases in those positions especially that must be eradicated.