Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

14 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Hypothetically, how much draft capital would we get if we went for a full burn it down rebuild and traded Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Jaire, Bakh, Jenkins, Clark and Gary(at trade deadline)

Hypothetically

Rodgers: 1st and 3rd if we agree to take on a large portion of contract for new team

Aaron Jones: 0 guaranteed after this year. 3rd and 4th 

Jaire: 2 1sts for a top 5 corner sounds about right 

Bakh: if he stays healthy for rest of the year, a 2nd. New team would be getting a top 10 LT at a steep discount 

Jenkins: Tag and trade. His versatility and performance at guard should net a 1st

Kenny Clark: Packers eat 20m of dead cap. New team would be getting him at 13.9/yr. Trade him for a 1st

Gary: Rams rumored to have offered 2 1sts for Burns. We'll use that as the market rate for an elite young edge

Next year, figure out if Love is QB of the future or not. If not, tank for a QB. Salivating at the thought of loading up on draft capital,  7 1sts, a 2nd, 2 3rds and a 4th, and having a QB on a rookie contract with a ton of cap space to fill out the roster

Now THAT would be burning down the house, thank you Talking Heads.

I really hope whoever is managing this team next year is willing to think and act outside of the normal box.  I don't believe we'll go this far, but the first step of course is what the team intends to do with Ol Rodg.  They can make no decisions until his place is settled.  With the team, retires, traded.  I think it's likely that order of possibilities.  I'm hoping for traded, but I don't think much market value is there and unsure about his willingness to move anywhere to continue to play.

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

I really hope whoever is managing this team next year is willing to think and act outside of the normal box.  I don't believe we'll go this far, but the first step of course is what the team intends to do with Ol Rodg.  They can make no decisions until his place is settled.  With the team, retires, traded.  I think it's likely that order of possibilities.  I'm hoping for traded, but I don't think much market value is there and unsure about his willingness to move anywhere to continue to play.

I think Love will be the starter in '23.  The Packers have invested a 1st & 4th round pick, and three years of training in the guy.  He's 24 years old and has made some major strides this past year.  LaFleur said he's light years ahead of where he was in '21.  Dallin Leavitt and De'Vondre Campbell recently said he's a starter in this league and better than several QB's that are currently starting.  He's been impressing them as a scout team QB.  

The Packers have always had an eye toward the future, and with Aaron failing to keep this team in the hunt this year I don't see how they can justify paying him 50 mil again next year.  Rodgers is 39, and has talked about retiring, so maybe he'll make that move.  That would make the handoff to Love pretty simple.  I'd like to see a trade where would could land a couple picks and/or a useful player.

• Like 3

I like everything about your post Ghost, I hope that comes to fruition.  It would be so good I find it difficult to believe it can happen.

Trade Rodg, clean out some other cap room by hook or trade, and draft Levi to sit behind Love until further notice.  Still with plenty of picks to begin to build up around our QB's and for the future and soon to be much improved cap room.

There I've said it, given away my draft crush.  I think the future would be bright and the present not all so bad.

12 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Made my 1st trip to Lambeau this past Thursday for the Titans game. I understand a bit more the pressure on Murphy and Gute to keep a competitive team now that I saw 1st hand the impact the Packers have on the local community. The right move though would take our lumps next year and be ready to seriously contend in 2025 onwards. Need to get value for players that don't fit that timeline while we can(Clark, Jaire, Jones, Bakh, etc). 

17 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

The world doesn't need to revolve around your definitions.  @vegas492is one of the more subtle, insightful posters on this forum and you come in and label him an idiot?  

What forum did you get kicked out from that you had to come here to espouse ill informed opinions?

Thanks Dub, but not worth it.

I in fact, am an idiot.  

Just ask my wife, she will happily and quickly confirm that label!

17 hours ago, chefj85 said:

The world doesn’t revolve around his opinions either. Especially when he presents them as fact and can’t back it up. 

Scramble drill with rules.  Not used prior to Mac.  Is widely adopted by the league now.  Innovative.

Man beaters.  Those routes have been copied and are run all over the league.  Innovative.

Top of my head.

Oh, I forgot a very key one.

The stand up pass with blockers out ahead of it to WR's.  Mac innovated those looks to get past the Seahawks.  Now that concept is part of most every offense out there.  (And I hate that it seems to be our "only" pass set now.)

Digging deeper.  Though more of an imitation as opposed to the pure innovation of the above examples.

U71 Jumbo package.  TE flexed out (Finley).  Told yah, not unique to Mac, but it was something new that he did very effectively.

New Shotgun offense for Rodgers.  With a run game incorporated into it.  (feels like I'm reaching now)

These are not my thoughts, these are facts.  If you don't want to call them innovative, that is fine.  But they certainly all "advanced" our offense.  And many of the concepts are still in use in today's NFL.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Scramble drill with rules.  Not used prior to Mac.  Is widely adopted by the league now.  Innovative.

Man beaters.  Those routes have been copied and are run all over the league.  Innovative.

Top of my head.

Oh, I forgot a very key one.

The stand up pass with blockers out ahead of it to WR's.  Mac innovated those looks to get past the Seahawks.  Now that concept is part of most every offense out there.  (And I hate that it seems to be our "only" pass set now.)

Digging deeper.  Though more of an imitation as opposed to the pure innovation of the above examples.

U71 Jumbo package.  TE flexed out (Finley).  Told yah, not unique to Mac, but it was something new that he did very effectively.

New Shotgun offense for Rodgers.  With a run game incorporated into it.  (feels like I'm reaching now)

These are not my thoughts, these are facts.  If you don't want to call them innovative, that is fine.  But they certainly all "advanced" our offense.  And many of the concepts are still in use in today's NFL.

Your whole post is reaching. 

so basically, the scramble drill. Thats it? 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Literally the very next sentence.

The heavy usage of a personnel grouping/formation combination that is now synonymous with NFL offense.

Oh god ffs you act like MM was the first coach to vary formations. Give me a break. You know less than nothing.

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Love will be the starter in '23.  The Packers have invested a 1st & 4th round pick, and three years of training in the guy.  He's 24 years old and has made some major strides this past year.  LaFleur said he's light years ahead of where he was in '21.  Dallin Leavitt and De'Vondre Campbell recently said he's a starter in this league and better than several QB's that are currently starting.  He's been impressing them as a scout team QB.  

The Packers have always had an eye toward the future, and with Aaron failing to keep this team in the hunt this year I don't see how they can justify paying him 50 mil again next year.  Rodgers is 39, and has talked about retiring, so maybe he'll make that move.  That would make the handoff to Love pretty simple.  I'd like to see a trade where would could land a couple picks and/or a useful player.

That ship has sailed. Rodgers will be the Packers QB in 2023 and Love will get his shot somewhere else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The bit about guys on d saying love is better than some starters is laughable. He’s clearly preparing them so well in practice, isn’t he?

9 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

The bit about guys on d saying love is better than some starters is laughable. He’s clearly preparing them so well in practice, isn’t he?

Jordan Love is a bad QB because the defense is average. 

Jesus Christ, please return to the cesspool from which you emerged. 

• Like 2