The Good, the Bad, the Raiders finally showed up vs. Houston (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Our O that has the longest drive average in the league? 
we relied on the d to not give up 16 points in ari last two possessions

ww relied up d to not start the ten game with 3 long td drives.. which impacts our O. 

chargers kc they were great.

Hou den are pathetic on o which we made look decent, but played well enough.

I thought our offense put up a donut 2nd half vs Ariz.

literally if the offense could put up at least 25 points per game we’d be 5-1. That’s with our horrible defense still playing the same

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

literally if the offense could put up at least 25 points per game we’d be 5-1. That’s with our horrible defense still playing the same

Again, you can think whatever the bell you want. 
but it doesn’t make it true.

and yeah I wish we started year better on O, I wish we started better on D too.

im not convinced if we scored against chargers or tied up against tenn our D holds them with the time remaining but something we will never know. I would’ve been rooting for them to tho!

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

No you’re doing that thing again where you only take points away from us, instead of every other team. 
but you’ve said you like to use unfair/ biased stats, so it makes sense.

that said, it would be 7th. Still should be winning games with top 7 O imo. 

not yours, we can agree to disagree, the only way to win is with a top 2 O, right?

9 teams haven’t even scored on defense 

5 team only scored a safety 

only 5 teams have scored 2 or more def td and out of the 5 were the only one who’s had a bye

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You’re right we scored a fg vs Ariz in the third my bad

the 90 whatever % better than the nfl scoring offense put up a fg 2nd half vs ariz

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Again, you can think whatever the bell you want. 
but it doesn’t make it true.

and yeah I wish we started year better on O, I wish we started better on D too.

im not convinced if we scored against chargers or tied up against tenn our D holds them with the time remaining but something we will never know. I would’ve been rooting for them to tho!

You agree 25 points at least per game would have us at 5-1?

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You agree 25 points at least per game would have us at 5-1?

Id say confidently 3-3.

chargers and Tenn still up in the air. Chargers would’ve had time to kick a fg. And tenn would’ve tried to tie it up. 

I’d say we split them and are 4-2 right now.

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Let's break this down bit by bit. 

1. 2020 and 2021 are not 2022. But thanks for reminding us all that the offense hasn't been the big problem for the Raiders. 

2. Adams is one player. We don't if McDaniels is a better coach. Some of us were highly skeptical of him before he even walked out into the field. If you had high expectations for the guy and feel let down, that's on you. But nothing about Josh McDaniels past should have stoked anything but skepticism to begin with, given his past and the coaching tree from which he fell. 

3. Fire whoever made that dumb decision. That's not a strategy, that's a gamble. 

4. You're aware how averages work, yeah? This is like saying KC should be a 40+ ppg team because after week 1 they were averaging 44 points per game. 

5. Good teams don't have savior units, so again, if that was a formal plan, that should lead to even less confidence. 

6. If the defense wasn't near league bottom, it wouldn't all come down to one drive we absolutely have to have. Why didn't the defense do it's job and stop Arizona at any of the historic points on their last couple of drives? I won't even address the defense breaking further than that because it's beyond painfully obvious. 

7. Nobody has ever advocated that our defense, particularly as long as it's called by Patrick Graham, will win us games. But they lost us plenty thus far letting big leads disappear and not getting off the field in any sort of positive manner. 

8. Strong disagree. They both made the decision to give a failure of a DC yet another scholarship opportunity. Of true note from last year, we lost Yannick and Hayward. We have objectively better players across the defense from last year (Yannick > Jones, fair enough). We have better LBs and depth, better S depth with Harmon instead of Leavitt when things go wonky, better overall CBs, and yet.....the defense is worse by virtually every single metric? That IS their fault. We didn't make changes in players that would lead to such big drop offs. The D wasn't particularly good last year, but it was better than this. So I have to disagree, they screwed up in allowing that charity case of a DC to come along and keep his job so far, and have chosen to keep him, so they need to own it And should be expected to own it.

When you put almost everything into one aspect of the team and then give that group the chance to win the game and they do not then there is your problem.  The offense is not clutch.  The defense has played good enough not to lose.  The Chargers game was on Carr and I do not think many would argue that.  Worst case scenario in OT against the Cardinals is a tie if the O can hold onto the ball.  The 2nd half against the Titans was maybe more dominant than the 1st half against the Cardinals.  The defense has put the game in the O's hands in every loss and the O crapped the bed.  The defense has given up long drives and allowed teams to score in bunches which we need to improve on but you can not expect it to happen without investing in it.  This year it is up to the offense to carry the team and it has not.  They are a better unit than the defense but we all knew that.  Difference is the D has been clutch at the end of games.  If you look closer you will see the passing game in the 2nd half of games has been the issue.

Carr in the 4th quarter has a 54% comp rate, 3 TD, 3 TOs (not counting Renfrow's fumble), and a 76 rating.  You can blame Carr, WRs, or blockers.  The point is the passing game is failing us in the 4th.  Our best chance to win is having high priced decoys as receivers and a $40 million dollar man to hand the ball off.

• Like 1