Week 8 Gmen vs. Seahawks @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

If u ask me this is gonna be the hardest game to date. They always say the next game up is always your hardest game but in this case I believe the Seahawks are gonna be a tough matchup. They are a very hot team right now. Geno Smith has resurrected his career in Seattle and they boast a nasty trio of WRs with Metcalf, Goodwin and Lockett. Plus their rookie RB Kenneth Walker looked very impressive in his game last week against the Chargers. Their defense is pretty stout and has a good amount of speed. Their one corner has been very impressive in Tariq Woolen. Better keep an eye on him. This is a tough hot team right now and that's the kind of team I'm nervous about. We are very banged up going into this game and I think it's gonna catch us this time around. That bye week cant come fast enough to at least give our guys some much needed healing time. 

DJ has been nothing short of sensational this season. There's really nothing I can complain about with him up to this date. What he needs this week is for his WRs' to have their A games ready and hopefully not drop balls dead straight in their chests. Saquon im sure can run against this defense and hopefully have a big game for us, because were gonna need it. The WRs', as i mentioned, CAN NOT drop any balls this week... but i wont hold my breath. No Dan Bellinger, no Evan Neal or Bredeson.. we may actually see Nick Gates.. who knows.. But man the injuries this time around are not good. 

Defense has to bring the heat against Geno, they are using 2 rookie tackles in Cross and Abraham and i hope we can use that to our advantage. I think we see Kayvon with a sack at some point in this game. My biggest concern is Metcalf and Walker. Metcalf is just a monster of strength and speed and he is going to give our CBs a major headache. I'm also worried about Walker because he's lightning fast and can catch out of the backfield. We have not been good on run defense and we have got to tighten it up this weekend. 

The way i see it guys, i think this one just slips out of our grasp. They are a hot team right and we are banged up in too many spots. I can see this being a close one but one that gets away 

Seahawks 28 / Giants 24

Edited by Giants4eva

Seattle has a sensational offense. In order to win this game, Saquon is going to need to go off. Like 200+ total yards and 2 TDs plus. Going to likely need to score at least 25-30 to win this game. I do think Seattle should be favored here, but given what we've seen from the Giants - you can't count them out.

Unlike Jacksonville, the Shehawks probably should be favored in this game. They have a much more explosive offense even without Metcalf, and they're at home. I certainly won't panic if we drop this one. We'll have the bye week to study everything we learn from it and move on.

I'll go completely nuts if we win though. 🥳

• Like 2

I actually think we can win this game.  Seattle's record isn't all that great at 4-3, they are giving up more points than they are making (183/186) where we are at (150/130).

I get that we are ready for a break due to the amount of injuries but even with those injured players we still managed to pull out a win. 

I like that Slayton and Robinson are getting fired up.  Sure we could do without all the drops, but I like the game plans each week.  They keep finding ways to win and we can't discount that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I actually think we can win this game.  Seattle's record isn't all that great at 4-3, they are giving up more points than they are making (183/186) where we are at (150/130).

I get that we are ready for a break due to the amount of injuries but even with those injured players we still managed to pull out a win. 

I like that Slayton and Robinson are getting fired up.  Sure we could do without all the drops, but I like the game plans each week.  They keep finding ways to win and we can't discount that.

I hope you're right. 7-1 At the bye would be something extraordinary. But traveling to the west coast after 3 impressive wins just seems ripe for an upset. Seattle looked really strong on Sunday. They probably won't have DK but man Geno is balling it out right now. That Seattle defense isn't much to speak of though.. get SB rumbling, use the PA, and they can be scored on. Either way.. 6-2 or 7-1 if you had told me in August we'd be either at the bye I'd have laughed. What a pleasant surprise this season has been. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I hope you're right. 7-1 At the bye would be something extraordinary. But traveling to the west coast after 3 impressive wins just seems ripe for an upset. Seattle looked really strong on Sunday. They probably won't have DK but man Geno is balling it out right now. That Seattle defense isn't much to speak of though.. get SB rumbling, use the PA, and they can be scored on. Either way.. 6-2 or 7-1 if you had told me in August we'd be either at the bye I'd have laughed. What a pleasant surprise this season has been. 

lol...absolutely man.  I really thought it would take longer to right this ship considering the damage that Dave did on his way out, heck even left the team in a horrible cap situation.

But for the past several weeks I haven't given this team a chance in hell at winning a game especially some of these later games starting with GB.  Dallas was really the only team that has flustered Jones and after that this offensive line stepped it up, in fact the entire team got motivated.  A good journalist would already be collecting data to write a documentary or hell even a movie...haha.

Proud to be a Giant after so many failed seasons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Well crap...I knew it couldn't last but the game won't be televised in my location.  So I'll be leaning on you guys for updates.

I'm still thinking we're going to win this game...call me crazy.

Mitch Survivor Australia GIF by Australian Survivor

I do feel like Seattle is a bit overrated, surprisingly. They're playing well. But their 4 wins are against even less impressive teams than the Giants have beaten. However, I think it'll be the second toughest opponent so far after Baltimore. If the Giants had Neal and Bellinger, I'd feel good about their chances. Without those two, it will be difficult to keep up with Seattle's offense. Keep in mind, Wandale is even banged up, too. Saquon will need to have his best game of the season so far. I'd say DJ - but without his lack of weapons, that is practically impossible.