Game Balls and Jerry Straps: Bears at Cowboys

HDsportsfan

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Think about the money you could save for basically the same or better play if you had PJ instead of Dak.

Just think… josh Allen makes $10M less than Dak per year for the remainder of Dak’s contract.  And that’s not considering the $22M in dead money Dak is already costing us in 2025.  Yeah, we’d probably be better off with PJ Walker.  Don’t get me wrong… I’ve never discounted Dak’s unique ability to pad stats against weak teams.  I don’t know if PJ can do that.  But I do know that cooper Rush already has as many wins against good teams (teams that with at least 60% of their games) as Dak has in his entire career.

11 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Just think… josh Allen makes $10M less than Dak per year for the remainder of Dak’s contract.  And that’s not considering the $22M in dead money Dak is already costing us in 2025.  Yeah, we’d probably be better off with PJ Walker.  Don’t get me wrong… I’ve never discounted Dak’s unique ability to pad stats against weak teams.  I don’t know if PJ can do that.  But I do know that cooper Rush already has as many wins against good teams (teams that with at least 60% of their games) as Dak has in his entire career.

Justin Fields had a higher QBR than Dak yesterday. Depending on which score you look at. 

Edited by DaBoys

GB: 

Pollard - No excuse he shouldn’t be feature back moving forward. Minus blocking, he’s better than Zeke by a significant margin.

Damone Clark - To be where he is given the fusion is amazing. To immediately make your presence felt is icing on the cake.

DL - Pass rush was excellent once again

OL/Philbin - Much maligned, but they’ve been steadily improving.

Jocks:

Refs - The inconsistency is simply infuriating and inexcusable. 

Defense vs run - Yuck.

Edited by WizardHawk

Just think… josh Allen makes $10M less than Dak per year for the remainder of Dak’s contract. 

If I could have Josh Allen, in a heartbeat I would. So, 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I do know that cooper Rush already has as many wins against good teams (teams that with at least 60% of their games) as Dak has in his entire career.

I don’t know if you are lying or ignorant. But no, this is not true.

The Cowboys lead the NFL in EPA per dropback since Dak Prescott returned to the lineup in Week 7.

But, how many games have they won against teams .600 or better less than halfway through the season in Dak starts? Less than they have with Cooper Rush, I assure you! Please no one fact check this. Har har har har har 

7 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

The Cowboys lead the NFL in EPA per dropback since Dak Prescott returned to the lineup in Week 7.

But, how many games have they won against teams .600 or better less than halfway through the season in Dak starts? Less than they have with Cooper Rush, I assure you! Please no one fact check this. Har har har har har 

Well if the Rams get over 500 this year which they should then Rush would have beaten 3 teams who ended the season over 500.    Dak beat three such teams last year alone 

2 minutes ago, quiller said:

Well if the Rams get over 500 this year which they should then Rush would have beaten 3 teams who ended the season over 500.    Dak beat three such teams last year alone 

The point is that using a 60% win rate as the benchmark for a good team isn’t just arbitrary, and manipulated, and likely irrelevant… it’s just straight up bogus when comparing records partway through the season to records at the end of it. Dallas beat the 3-0 Carolina Panthers last year- that’s a win over a good team right? It is by Slam’s interpretation of the data

There’s no real point in engaging though, Dak will never be enough for some fans. I don’t consider myself one of his Stans but Jesus Christ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Actually, it is true.  

No, it’s not.

Let’s forget the fact that your conveniently arbitrary cutoff misses 7 wins against eventual playoff teams, and 12 wins against teams that won 60%+ outside of their loss to Dak, you are still wrong.

Even without counting all of those games that should be considered “good wins”, Dak has 6 wins against teams that finished with >60% record to Cooper Rush’s 1.

Hey...  lets all relax...  it could be worse as we have Rush to come to our rescue.  We could have traded for Rogers, Wilson, Brady or Stafford and be dealing with 3-5 or 3-4 at this point. (PS. all those teams at begining of the year were considered much higher super bowl contenders then the Cowboys)