YES! We did it! We traded William Jackson to Steelers!

aceinthehouse

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

So did I see this correctly on Twitter that the Steelers know longer owe us the draft choice from this trade because these dummies put a play time contingency on it lol

I mean, in fairness, we apparently traded them badly damaged goods.

I think we all assumed that the back injury was just cover for benching him — but if PIT is putting him on IR, it’s not just an issue of saving face. Presumably they’d want to get him out there early and often if he’s healthy, so he must really be severely limited. 

I think there’s something approaching a 100% chance that they’ll cut him after the season. They probably can’t justify paying that $2.5M roster bonus to keep him on the team for the offseason, especially when the big pay-off if it all works out is that they get to pay him $9.25M in salary for next season — WAY above what he’d get on a 1-year deal on the open market right now. So in essence, it turns out to be a nothing-for-nothing exchange.

Would have loved to get something out of it. But I guess in the end it turned out to be basically identical to cutting him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I mean, in fairness, we apparently traded them badly damaged goods.

I think we all assumed that the back injury was just cover for benching him — but if PIT is putting him on IR, it’s not just an issue of saving face. Presumably they’d want to get him out there early and often if he’s healthy, so he must really be severely limited. 

I think there’s something approaching a 100% chance that they’ll cut him after the season. They probably can’t justify paying that $2.5M roster bonus to keep him on the team for the offseason, especially when the big pay-off if it all works out is that they get to pay him $9.25M in salary for next season — WAY above what he’d get on a 1-year deal on the open market right now. So in essence, it turns out to be a nothing-for-nothing exchange.

Would have loved to get something out of it. But I guess in the end it turned out to be basically identical to cutting him.

Yeah that's true. I think its funny we put a contingency on a 6th round pick 3 years from now lol

On 11/14/2022 at 1:51 PM, aceinthehouse said:

He sucked so bad for this team, I would have traded a 7th to them just to take him & the salary.

It’s really amazing how much of a bust he was for us & sad frankly. Rivera really screwed up on his evaluation of WJ3 last year. We all felt that way after the first month of last season but we’re hopeful he’d improve in his 2nd year but it’s clear he just didn’t get this defense at all.

What sucks even more for me still is that Rivera didn’t re-sign Darby after he had a solid year in 2020. I just haven’t gotten over that. Rivera not re-signing Darby screwed with the secondary’s chemistry the first half of 2021 & it didn’t get any better this year until WJ3 was benched.

It’s as clear as day that was a huge mistake by Rivera, just as it was a huge mistake not to retain Ereck Flowers this year by restructuring & extending his contract.

I sure wish our top 3 CBs right now were:

#1 Juice

#2 Darby

Slot: Fuller