BDL 2022 Week 9 - Cancun Kaiju @ Hungary Hippos

RedGold

Who Wins?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Cancun Kaiju
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2022 at 05:00 AM

36 minutes ago, Blue said:

I would genuinely like to see how you rank BDL defensive lines and secondaries, because I think you would be surprised at just how bad a defensive line featuring Emmanuel Ogbah, Armon Watts, Carlos Dunlap, and Davon Hamilton really is relative to everyone else.

I don't think even you could argue against it as  a top 16 BDL defense though.....

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sack numbers are just the easiest measure. You want to focus on tackles for loss? Your starting DL have 8 TFLs this season. Jonathan Allen alone has 11.

The writeup explicitly says "motioning Aaron Jones into the slot regularly to give us an additional receiver." For the most part, you're trying to shut down Rhamondre Stevenson in the run game.

Perryman focusing on the run is just going to make things easier for Mahomes off play-action then. He's covering one of Stevenson or Jones, near as I can tell, and either one is a mismatch in my favor.

No, he's bad because he's Fabian Moreau, but the fact that he's only started four games means A) his IRL team clearly doesn't think he's a better player than their other options and B) his coverage numbers are skewed because you can't get thrown at if you're not on the field.

Sutton was top 10 in yardage prior to the past three weeks and his numbers have only gone down because opponents realized Russell Wilson couldn't do anything if they took away deep shots to Sutton. But failing to recognize a player's ability outside of their IRL situation is nothing knew for BDL.

Too far by what, pointing out that the opposing defense is bad? They can't win at the line of scrimmage or cover receivers. It's a bunch of role players forced to play way more snaps than they should be. If I were PR, I would be looking to replace eight of the starters from this week's defense before the start of next season.

I would bet you don't even know what IRL teams their starting defensive linemen play for without looking them up.

Edge: Emmanuel Ogbah - Miami Dolphins

DT: DaVon Hamilton -- Jacksonville Jaguars

DT: Armon Watts - Chicago Bears

Edge: Carlos Dunlap - Kansas City Chiefs

That is without looking them up. Im pretty good at knowing who is on whose team for the most, especially when theyve been in the leagur a while or like Ogbah, play next to Raekwon Davis.

51 minutes ago, Blue said:

I would genuinely like to see how you rank BDL defensive lines and secondaries, because I think you would be surprised at just how bad a defensive line featuring Emmanuel Ogbah, Armon Watts, Carlos Dunlap, and Davon Hamilton really is relative to everyone else.

Im not making an arguement for it being great. I am making an arguement for yhe reality that you have a tendency to think everyones team sucks when they play you.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Im not making an arguement for it being great. I am making an arguement for yhe reality that you have a tendency to think everyones team sucks when they play you.

Look, everybody looks like a peewee team when they're going up against a kaiju

I'm not really sure how not making substitutions keeps the clock running?  If you come down in bounds the clock runs whether you sub or not.  I'm also unclear what your defensive plan on Jones is.  Did that get cut off or did you just forget to do it?  

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm not really sure how not making substitutions keeps the clock running?  If you come down in bounds the clock runs whether you sub or not.  I'm also unclear what your defensive plan on Jones is.  Did that get cut off or did you just forget to do it?  

As far as the clock running thing I don't get at he is gonna run  No huddle

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

As far as the clock running thing I don't get at he is gonna run  No huddle

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

you can run no huddle, get to the line and let the clock run still.  That is a thing, but the substitution thing is an odd statement

To help keep the clock running throughout the game we won't be making substitutions on offense during drives. We will also playing a hurry up offense to keep Cancun's defense on the field.

One of my biggest pet peeves that seems minor but isn't is that we've resorted to "hurry up" and "no huddle" as the same thing/interchangeably, and it's definitely not at all.

The way this is written, that means he's not substituting and also running play after play quickly, which is drastically different from no huddle, which can control the tempo and not allow personnel changes and can be used to hurry up or to stall.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

One of my biggest pet peeves that seems minor but isn't is that we've resorted to "hurry up" and "no huddle" as the same thing/interchangeably, and it's definitely not at all.

The way this is written, that means he's not substituting and also running play after play quickly, which is drastically different from no huddle, which can control the tempo and not allow personnel changes and can be used to hurry up or to stall.

1st of all I agree with you on the difference between no huddle and hurry up. Secondly you're right I used the wrong phrase because what you are describing is how I interpret what he is doing.

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

1st of all I agree with you on the difference between no huddle and hurry up. Secondly you're right I used the wrong phrase because what you are describing is how I interpret what he is doing.

Yeah my comment was not meant to be directed at you specifically as much as you can't run no substitution, control the clock, and a hurry up all at the same time. It's literally not possible.

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I generally give people a pass on this as i don't expect everyone to be football terminology geniuses and can make assumptions on what I think they meant unless it's just totally out of left field (i almost always comment on those instances...lol)