QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the delay is is saying we’ll give up more but at a cost. Like them paying some of his money.

I think we have a couple offers with them not picking up any of his salary. And a couple offers with them picking up some of his salary.

OVER MY DEAD BODY THEY GET NOTHING. INFACT, I WANT THEIR SECOND ROUNG PICK THIS YEAR FOR ALL THE CRAP WE HAVE BEEN THRU..

ANGRY DOUMEYER 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's a BIGGER gap than I think you care to admit.  And I think it's probably more accurate when you widen that to the last 3 years as opposed to just a single year.  Rodgers is a 2x MVP over the last 3 years.  Matt Ryan wasn't even close.  From an on-the-field perspective, Rodgers is exponentially better than Matt Ryan.  As far as age goes, they're both in that retirement window.  I'm not sure Matt Ryan being 36 compared to Aaron Rodgers being 39 really affects their value that much tbh.

To me, that's a minor detail.  You're not trading for Rodgers with the idea of trying to escape it quickly.  Is it a factor?  Sure, but you're looking at the on-the-field production.  Not the dead cap that comes at some point in the future.

I'd argue it's borderline criminal how you glossed over the differences between Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers.

Except you didn't devalue that future pick at all.  Plus, you also used the most favorable outcome for Green Bay to justify that.  Depending on how you devalue future picks, that value goes down tremendously.  Personally, I devalue them by the middle of the next round.  So a future FRP is worth ~48th pick, future SRP is worth ~80th pick.  Assuming you value future picks similarly, that'd peg the trade value of Aaron Rodgers as worth the 41st pick.   And that's in a best case scenario.  In a worst case scenario for Green Bay, he's worth roughly the 57th pick.  That's not FRP+ worth of value.

As I said… we’re trading for the 39 year old AR. Not the 37 and 38 year old MVP AR. Fact is, is that he was average last season. What he did in 2020 and 2021 doesn’t matter. Jalen Ramsey was a shutdown CB in 2020 and 2021 yet was just good last year and he went for a 3rd. Yes QB is more valuable than CB. But CB is still an incredibly valuable position. And oh ya…. Ramsey is 11 years younger than AR. Let that sink in.

I’ll even take it closer to your organization. You guys signed Charles Woodson as a FA and he gave you great years until late in his career. He still had a bit more in his tank. And you guys knew he had little to no trade value. So you didn’t even try and trade him and you cut him. Which was the right thing to do. Bc he earned that. He went on and played pretty decent for Oakland for 3 more seasons. So he wasn’t washed up.

So as an outsider looking in it seems incredibly awful to show AR 0 respect. Yet you gave a guy like Woodson respect.

51 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's a STARK difference between stating facts and making educated opinions.  You'd be wise to understand the difference between the two.

There's a reason why Lamar's market is so cold.  Despite him being the best QB available.  He's not actually available.  I didn't understand why the Ravens would give him the non-exclusive franchise tag at first, but it makes sense now.  The Ravens absolutely do not want to give him a Deshaun Watson deal with fully GTD, so they're letting Lamar Jackson explore his FA market.  When/If a team sign him to a deal that isn't fully GTD, they'll match that offer and gladly bring him back.  If by chance someone does offer him a fully GTD, they'll probably let him walk and collect the FRPs.  The latter seems highly unlikely.  Unless you truly believe that the Ravens aren't going to match a Lamar Jackson offer, he's not available.

If you want to bet on statistical anomalies, sure.  Doesn't seem very prudent to hope that you fall into your franchise QB.  Realistically speaking, the success rate of QBs goes down later in the draft.  Could Tanner McKee turn into a franchise QB?  Sure.  That's the same logic that allowed Brandon Weeden and Paxton Lynch to be FRPs.

Do you really expect any of the top 4 teams (aside from Arizona) to not take a QB?  Again, this is where the educated opinion comes in.  You think I'm stating facts.  In reality, I'm stating educated opinions.

I'm full of it because I don't think that the Jets are going to stumble into a top QB in the draft?  You keep talking about me stating facts.  The reality is that I'm making an educated opinion.  Could the Jets pivot to Lamar Jackson and the Ravens not matc?  Sure, but I'd put the odds as astronomically low.

You’re boring me mate. Don’t message me again. 

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As I said… we’re trading for the 39 year old AR. Not the 37 and 38 year old MVP AR. Fact is, is that he was average last season. What he did in 2020 and 2021 doesn’t matter. Jalen Ramsey was a shutdown CB in 2020 and 2021 yet was just good last year and he went for a 3rd. Yes QB is more valuable than CB. But CB is still an incredibly valuable position. And oh ya…. Ramsey is 11 years younger than AR. Let that sink in.

I’ll even take it closer to your organization. You guys signed Charles Woodson as a FA and he gave you great years until late in his career. He still had a bit more in his tank. And you guys knew he had little to no trade value. So you didn’t even try and trade him and you cut him. Which was the right thing to do. Bc he earned that. He went on and played pretty decent for Oakland for 3 more seasons. So he wasn’t washed up.

So as an outsider looking in it seems incredibly awful to show AR 0 respect. Yet you gave a guy like Woodson respect.

Respect, your telling ARod he’s only worth a 3rd when Wentz went for day one picks…

you guys even got a 2,4,6 for Darnold.

Edited by fattlipp

14 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Respect, your telling ARod he’s only worth a 3rd when Wentz went for day one picks…

How old was Wentz?

and

What was his stats in only 12 games the year before that?

How old was Darnold and his stats the year before?

please look at these things before just spewing stuff on the Jets forum

7 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

you guys even got a 2,4,6 for Darnold.

Darnold was a young player that people thought had untapped potential. This is a 40 year old player who’s coming off his worst season and is probably retiring after a year.

The Jets aren’t paying for his 2020 and 2021 seasons 

Edited by GangGreen420

Those where his last years with Hackett, Rodgers will throw for 4000 yds 35 TDs and 7 picks in 2023 for the Jets.

So 2023 2nd,  2024 2nd that becomes a 1st if ARod has 110 QB Rating and plays 12+ games and a 2025 2nd if he plays in 2024.

Fair for all.

Edited by fattlipp

3 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Those where his last years with Hackett, Rodgers will throw for 4000 yds 35 TDs and 7 picks in 2023 for the Jets.

So 2023 2nd,  2024 2nd that becomes a 1st if ARod has 11’O QB Rating and plays 12+ games and a 2025 2nd if he plays in 2024.

Fair for all.

Fair for GB is what you mean

3 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

so 2020,2021 ARod isn’t worth a 2nd and late 1st?
and a 2nd year from that ARod isn’t worth another 2nd..

Have fun with Zack..

If only you could guarantee it’s going to be 2020 and 2021 Rodgers, but you can’t. His down play last year hurt his trade value, unfortunately for Packers fans.

Edited by GangGreen420

19 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

so 2020,2021 ARod isn’t worth a 2nd and late 1st?
and a 2nd year from that ARod isn’t worth another 2nd..

Have fun with Zack..

2020 and 2021 Ramsey was worth multiple 1st rounders (in fact he is 2019 was traded for 2 1sts and a 4th). Yet he was just traded for a 3rd rounder at 28 years old.

Because the LAR aren’t delusional to think after a down year and aging that he’s worth WAY more. Never mind it being a 39 year old. Ramsey also went for less bc if his contract. Which is also why AR should go for less. I’m finding it funny how his contract conveniently gets left out. And how his dead money for 3 years really is nothing. As if it matters to you GB fans. When I’m fact it 100% matters to the Jets FO.

We're definitely going to give up a first-rounder, imo. I just don't think it will be 13 this year. Nor do I think the pick will be unconditional. But we are going to give something up.

We (Jets fans) have to also realize that the Packers definitely need to save face with this trade. They will probably be lambasted by the media after this trade goes through.

Although there does seem to be an anti-Rodgers sentiment in the media right now as well. 

But the perception cannot be that the Packers got screwed in this deal. That will not play well.

9 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

We're definitely going to give up a first-rounder, imo. I just don't think it will be 13 this year. Nor do I think the pick will be unconditional. But we are going to give something up.

We (Jets fans) have to also realize that the Packers definitely need to save face with this trade. They will probably be lambasted by the media after this trade goes through.

Although there does seem to be an anti-Rodgers sentiment in the media right now as well. 

But the perception cannot be that the Packers got screwed in this deal. That will not play well.

They created this by drafting Love. Not us. So we don’t have to overpay for them putting a clock on AR. That’s their problem not ours.