QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

44 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Is there one example out there of a team trading a 1st for a 1-year rental?  I can't think of any so essentially GB is looking to make history here?  Doubtful.

Generational talent be generational talent. GB needs to be compensated for eating 9 million in dead money. That's worth a sizeable chunk of a Stafford type of deal, assuming GB has to eat that and then some of AR's base salary on top of that.

38 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Generational talent be generational talent. GB needs to be compensated for eating 9 million in dead money. That's worth a sizeable chunk of a Stafford type of deal, assuming GB has to eat that and then some of AR's base salary on top of that.

And what do the Jets get for likely eating the dead money when he retires in a year or two?  Jets aren't walking away in two years without cap ramifications because your GM gave him a dumb extension.

We are taking your headache that is compensation enough.  

35 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s gonna be a 2, conditional pick, Corey Davis 

Which is fair if you ask me.

I wonder how the money works with AR and Davis though.

I doubt it's them just taking on Davis' deal as is and us taking on ARs as is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Which is fair if you ask me.

I wonder how the money works with AR and Davis though.

I doubt it's them just taking on Davis' deal as is and us taking on ARs as is. 

I think that’s probably what they are hung up on, who’s taking on what 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think that’s probably what they are hung up on, who’s taking on what 

Davis' contract should be easy since he pretty much needs a new deal. So GB should just giver him a deal with him getting like 5mill with some incentives bc of his injury past.

With AR that's a whole other deal. I'm sure that's what the hold up mainly is.

51 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s gonna be a 2, conditional pick, Corey Davis 

This has been my guess all along as well. The fact Corey Davis has not been traded or cut, suggest he is part of the deal. We could probably get a future day 3 pick for him.

I think that's roughly the trade though.

I'd say pick 43, a conditional pick in 2024, and Corey Davis for Rodgers and a conditional pick in 2025.

The 2025 pick to the Jets is conditioned on Rodgers playing in 2024. And the conditional pick to the Packers is conditioned on Rodgers playing time in 2023 and the Jets making the playoffs.

Only variable to me is how high the conditional picks will be. I'm thinking a 3rd that can be 2nd for GB. But I could also see a 3rd that can go as high as a 1st if we make a deep playoff run.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

This idea that Packers fans think other teams are interested in him 😂 

It’s pretty funny to read some of those comments.

They won’t be happy with a 2nd, conditional pick and Corey Davis. But that really is a fair deal.

I think their beat reporters were too optimistic with the two 1st. And then all this talk about leverage. Skewed their expectations.

13 is somewhat crazy. But I saw Garrett Wilson’s  name thrown out there which is even crazier.

Edited by SDotNova

37 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

They won’t be happy with a 2nd, conditional pick and Corey Davis. But that really is a fair deal.

I think their beat reporters were too optimistic with the two 1st. And then all this talk about leverage. Skewed their expectations.

13 is somewhat crazy. But I saw Garrett Wilson’s  name thrown out there which is even crazier.

It’s a good meet in the middle trade.

We were never giving up just a mid rounder for him. And they were never getting 2 1sts.

A vet WR when they have a young group. A 2nd that’s in the top half of the 2nd and a conditional pick that’s likely between a 2nd-4th is fair 

40 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

They are all about that Andrew Brandt masterclass in leverage

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Is there one example out there of a team trading a 1st for a 1-year rental?  I can't think of any so essentially GB is looking to make history here?  Doubtful.

They think they should get the same comp as the Stafford trade. He was “broken down”

They are also comparing this trade to when they traded Davante Adams lmao

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Bradley Chubb.  He was traded at the deadline as an expiring contract.  Granted, he agreed to an extension 2 days later, but he was traded as an expiring contract.