QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

GREEN BAY after this changed that price. They did this. If the media wants to blow up a story... why isn't it that GB agreed to a verbal agreement with the Jets and since have changed that and are asking for more. A line was drawn and GB tried to move it. GB should be getting drilled in the media for this.

We don't know this is true at all. There is an assumption that a trade was agreed upon before the Jets spoke to AR but there has been no confirmation of that as of yet. Also, even if there was an agreement we also don't know who backed out or changed their mind. I can see a scenario where either team could have done this but either way it does not matter now. 

• Like 2

I wish the Jets would start to talk to the Ravens and Rams about Lamar and Stafford. I would use these teams and say "Hey GB you better take the deal or the Jets are going to a diffrent QB." This would make Rodgers get really mad at GB and cause problems. I would start to attack GB instead of waiting. Lamar has even told people he is ready to move on. Now I don't want Lamar but it would put pressure on GB. I could deal with Stafford. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

We don't know this is true at all. There is an assumption that a trade was agreed upon before the Jets spoke to AR but there has been no confirmation of that as of yet. Also, even if there was an agreement we also don't know who backed out or changed their mind. I can see a scenario where either team could have done this but either way it does not matter now. 

It does matter though, because it’s one side changing up the agreement. All indications from sources say it’s been GB that came out and wanted more after the visit.

Slice that however you want. It’s 100% wrong. And if I’m JD… once this deal gets done eventually like it will. I’d blow up how awful GB is as an organization from a FO perspective. How they reneged on their word and such.

49 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I wish the Jets would start to talk to the Ravens and Rams about Lamar and Stafford. I would use these teams and say "Hey GB you better take the deal or the Jets are going to a diffrent QB." This would make Rodgers get really mad at GB and cause problems. I would start to attack GB instead of waiting. Lamar has even told people he is ready to move on. Now I don't want Lamar but it would put pressure on GB. I could deal with Stafford. 

They’d have to have a conversation with AR 1st and say it would just be a tactic to try and get the ball moving. Where he didn’t actually think we’re done trying to trade for him

I feel what’s going on is the Jets are standing by their original offer of a 2nd a conditional 2024 pick based on how good the team does and Davis. GB changed the asking price. And that’s where it’s at. We don’t want to give more than what was already agreed to with us. And GB now wants more.

I think there might be some movement to this next week at the owners meeting. I think a lot of what’s going on is GBs FO is like a troll on the internet right now or a middle schooler saying they’ll start getting 3 lunches when they becomes president. That’s easy to do on the phone. But when your face to face with JD and Woody and have to discuss things. That changes. 

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It does matter though, because it’s one side changing up the agreement. All indications from sources say it’s been GB that came out and wanted more after the visit.

Slice that however you want. It’s 100% wrong. And if I’m JD… once this deal gets done eventually like it will. I’d blow up how awful GB is as an organization from a FO perspective. How they reneged on their word and such.

Once again who are your sources for the Packers going back on the original agreement? I have yet to see anything but speculation. Adam Schefter reported that the hang up was due to the Jets only offering a 4th akin to the Brett Favre trade which to me is a drastic underpay and would have never been agreed upon in the first place. 

My assumption is Gute knew the whole Jets ownership/GM courting AR would be big news and instead of the Jets discussing compensation beforehand gladly let the Jets talk to AR before a deal was agreed upon. AR also can't keep his mouth shut and went on national media to basically say he is going to play for the Jets. Doing that has walked the Jets into a corner where they either get AR or bust. 

If something happened the way you are saying I would have already expected huge leaks from the Jets throwing the Packers under the bus for their back handed tactics. That has not happened nor have the Packers done the same to the Jets which makes me think either my story above is how it happened or they basically already have the deal agreed upon but are waiting till the post June 1st deadline to spread the cap hit / Other small details. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Once again who are your sources for the Packers going back on the original agreement? I have yet to see anything but speculation. Adam Schefter reported that the hang up was due to the Jets only offering a 4th akin to the Brett Favre trade which to me is a drastic underpay and would have never been agreed upon in the first place. 

My assumption is Gute knew the whole Jets ownership/GM courting AR would be big news and instead of the Jets discussing compensation beforehand gladly let the Jets talk to AR before a deal was agreed upon. AR also can't keep his mouth shut and went on national media to basically say he is going to play for the Jets. Doing that has walked the Jets into a corner where they either get AR or bust. 

If something happened the way you are saying I would have already expected huge leaks from the Jets throwing the Packers under the bus for their back handed tactics. That has not happened nor have the Packers done the same to the Jets which makes me think either my story above is how it happened or they basically already have the deal agreed upon but are waiting till the post June 1st deadline to spread the cap hit / Other small details. 

Jets have stayed quiet this whole time. No one in our FO has said anything. Any leaks on this have been from GBs side.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Jets have stayed quiet this whole time. No one in our FO has said anything. Any leaks on this have been from GBs side.

Except the Packers have also done the same as far as anyone knows. So if either side was getting screwed you think that would be the case? 

8 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I would probably put if we can win a division title, we haven't won the division since 2002.   I'd easily put a late 2024 first if we were to go far, but Joe Douglas likes first round picks because they offer 5th year options which helps teams.  Idk what the Jets are going to offer, apparently the Packers feel like the Jets are low balling them.

Joe Douglas has done very well in trade in the past, he isn't the Rams, he values draft picks. We had a trade agreed to for Tyreke Hill without giving up a first last year, Douglas values firsts. 

The notion that Joe Douglas values FRP moreso than most other GM is patently false.  Other than maybe the Rams, teams value FRP more than SRP so your argument doesn't really hold a ton of weight.  If you asked 31 games would they prefer a late FRP or an early SRP, 32 out of 32 GMs would say the late FRP.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Haha. So a GB guy said it. Got it

A beat reporter that covers the Green Bay.  That just screams biased.  It'd be like me saying anything coming out Connor Hughes' (or any other NY reporter) is biased.  He's being reported what is being fed to him by a GB source.  You asked who was reporting it, and immediately claim bias because he reports on the Packers.  Interesting.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Nope. Take Moore out and it’s fair. Moore is the equivalent to a late 1st. That’s not me making that up. That’s what we told teams that it’d take to trade for him last year. So you’ve lost your mind if you think you’re getting what we consider a 1st in Moore our 2nd and a conditional pick.

If you want a WR it will be Davis or Mims. Moore stands 0 chance if being traded. With Rodgers he very well might be an elite slot guy

You do realize that was negotiated between a Jets' fan and a Packers' fan, right?  As in, there's a balance to each other's bias.

And Elijah Moore certainly isn't worth a FRP.  Sure, you might ask for that, but there's no way that Elijah Moore fetches a FRP from any team.  He's got 2 years left on his rookie deal, his numbers went down from his rookie year, and he openly complained about his OC last year.  None of that screams valuable.  I think you might get a late Day 2 pick for him if you shopped him, maybe even early Day 3 but he simply isn't fetching a FRP.

Again, including someone like Denzel Mims (who was completely left out of the Jets' WR rotation last year) as incentive shows your lack of objectivity.  He has no value whatsoever.  Not to the Jets, not to the Packers, and probably not to any other team.  At least not to the point where it's a no cost gamble.  And as we've discussed, Corey Davis simply doesn't have any value.  Right now, I see 2 options regarding Davis.  Either he's included to Green Bay as "fluff" (and a subsequent extension happens) or he's released.

3 hours ago, NJC33 said:

It has nothing to do with money — the guy wants to continue his career, he isn’t going to simply retire because the Packers want him to. If it were to ever get to that point (which it won’t), of course he’d be hellbent on screwing the Packers in the same way they did him. To think Rodgers would part ways amicably and bail out the people who just prematurely dictated the end to his career is ridiculous.

So a guy who was 90% retired and changed his mind when learning that the Packers were shopping him that isn't driven by money is simply going to return to Green Bay to sit on the bench?  The Packers have been pretty clear, the 2024 Green Bay Packers QB1 is Jordan Love.  You're telling me that you think Rodgers' ego is going to be okay sitting on the bench collecting $60M?

I don't how any of you believe any of these reports. As far as I see it, everything is speculation right now. We don't know if a deal is already in place and just not announced or if it's a full on stalemate.

I honestly don't care if we give them #13. We've already wasted a #2 pick. The way I see it: trade #13 for a possible HoF mentor and a legit SB shot? Let's do it.

I feel that Jets fans are Peter Griffen choosing between the boat and the mystery box.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

You do realize that was negotiated between a Jets' fan and a Packers' fan, right?  As in, there's a balance to each other's bias.

And Elijah Moore certainly isn't worth a FRP.  Sure, you might ask for that, but there's no way that Elijah Moore fetches a FRP from any team.  He's got 2 years left on his rookie deal, his numbers went down from his rookie year, and he openly complained about his OC last year.  None of that screams valuable.  I think you might get a late Day 2 pick for him if you shopped him, maybe even early Day 3 but he simply isn't fetching a FRP.

Again, including someone like Denzel Mims (who was completely left out of the Jets' WR rotation last year) as incentive shows your lack of objectivity.  He has no value whatsoever.  Not to the Jets, not to the Packers, and probably not to any other team.  At least not to the point where it's a no cost gamble.  And as we've discussed, Corey Davis simply doesn't have any value.  Right now, I see 2 options regarding Davis.  Either he's included to Green Bay as "fluff" (and a subsequent extension happens) or he's released.

Moore didn't handle things correctly and I think he'd even admit to that. He was being used totally wrong by MLF. So while he had a reason to question things... he did it 100% in the wrong way. He had the worst QB play in the league last year. There's actually a breakdown somewhere (maybe someone can help me to link it) that actually Moore was a top5 most open WR in the whole NFL last year... he just had clueless QBs not seeing it. Moore isn't an issue. How about his rookie year with the same awful QB play in just 10 games he had 600yds and 6tds? We ignoring that?

And Mims was left out? He was our starter for darn near half the season last year when Davis went down. Which once again our QB play makes it really hard to judge guys correctly.

So get the facts right please.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So a guy who was 90% retired and changed his mind when learning that the Packers were shopping him that isn't driven by money is simply going to return to Green Bay to sit on the bench?  The Packers have been pretty clear, the 2024 Green Bay Packers QB1 is Jordan Love.  You're telling me that you think Rodgers' ego is going to be okay sitting on the bench collecting $60M?

If he refuses to retire and wants to play and you also refuse to trade him. Then you guys become the idiots for having him as QB2 behind Jordan Love. As if Jordan Love has done something like Brock Purdy.

Jordan Love getting love for no reason  really, Like he's done something.