QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

I always chuckle at the ‘reports’ that come out AFTER the event takes place. 

So some reporter has inside knowledge that the FO wanted Carr but WJ didn’t and he blocked the signing. Why didn’t this come out before he signed with NO? If there was a leak surely it would have happened before Carr signed with NO to put pressure on the fans to be upset etc and in turn make Woody leave the decision to JD and co. 

Any leak without quotes from named people in the building is bollocks until proven otherwise. And because of Woodys history everyone just believes it to be true. 

Could it not be some reporter who’s putting something out there for clicks?! Sports journalism is the easiest job on the planet. They just make **** up. 

As Rodgers says. Reporters want to be 1st and want clicks. Not to be correct.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As Rodgers says. Reporters want to be 1st and want clicks. Not to be correct.

Exactly mate. I know a guy over here who writes for a fairly big newspaper and he’s moved into a different role now but he for many years was all about ‘breaking’ the news about soccer transfers and mangers being sacked etc.

Literally make things up just to get sales/clicks etc. I wouldn’t pay any attention to these ‘reports’. Just using it as a ploy to throw shade at Woody. 

it is time for Douglas & Woody to come out and tell us what went wrong with the Carr, deal. They owe it to the fans to tell us who really screwed this up. After what Jets fan have been going thru the for the last five weeks, we have every right to know. Now we have all our eggs in one basket and that is Rodgers.

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

it is time for Douglas & Woody to come out and tell us what went wrong with the Carr, deal. They owe it to the fans to tell us who really screwed this up. After what Jets fan have been going thru the for the last five weeks, we have every right to know. Now we have all our eggs in one basket and that is Rodgers.

Why do you think something has gone wrong? Maybe in fact something has gone right and the Rodgers deal is imminent. 

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Carr was our guy he is 31 and Rodgers is 39 and I just don't trust Rodgers

That is just your opinion.  I would have prefered that as well but we do not know what the Jets are thinking.  So we have no idea if it a loss as you are alluding to.  Maybe the Jets wanted Carr but he did not want to be here.  We just do not know.

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Carr was our guy he is 31 and Rodgers is 39 and I just don't trust Rodgers

If he was our guy he’d be signed by now in my opinion. I think from the reports and the very fact we didn’t sign Carr we’ve had our heart set on Rodgers all along. 

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

That is just your opinion.  I would have prefered that as well but we do not know what the Jets are thinking.  So we have no idea if it a loss as you are alluding to.  Maybe the Jets wanted Carr but he did not want to be here.  We just do not know.

It in 5 am down here in Orlando and we are talking about the Jets  ,My dog has not gone for a walk yet. This is crazy

Look at the Rams. Was Stafford going to be a 3-4 year project? No, it was basically a one and done. Rams will tank the next 1-2 years... MAYBE you get one more winning year out of Stafford in 24' but they were what, 5-12 last year? Will be 8-9 or 9-8 next year. With Rogers, it's a one shot deal. Well worth a top 15 pick. Give it up, and another pick on the back end. It's not going to be a repeat of Mangenius and Farve, and even if it is, it will be entertaining as ****. Then you go back to Rex Ryan because Saleh would need to be fired.

Edited by WheatieMan

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I honestly have no clue what I’d want us to do if we don’t land Rodgers and BAL puts the regular tag on Lamar.

You trade back and sign him for two 1st round picks. But honestly, Baltimore is the perfect fit for Lamar. If he can't win there, he will never win with the Jets. Jets obviously have the better roster, but would Lamar mesh in a new offense? Not sure. Could they fire Hackett before the season starts and get someone else? I don't see why not. But Lamar has to be plan B. Otherwise, JimmyG... (sigh).

Edited by WheatieMan

19 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Look at the Rams. Was Stafford going to be a 3-4 year project? No, it was basically a one and done. Rams will tank the next 1-2 years... MAYBE you get one more winning year out of Stafford in 24' but they were what, 5-12 last year? Will be 8-9 or 9-8 next year. With Rogers, it's a one shot deal. Well worth a top 15 pick. Give it up, and another pick on the back end. It's not going to be a repeat of Mangenius and Farve, and even if it is, it will be entertaining as ****. Then you go back to Rex Ryan because Saleh would need to be fired.

The Rams traded away multiple drafts though. They got Stafford, Von and Ramsay and gave away the farm. We wouldn’t need to do that. We have the roster good to go. Trading away a pick or two for Rodgers doesn’t mean the overall talent in the team will suffer five years from now. 

I think we get a lot more details into what has gone on today.

Purely a guess… but I think we were always recruiting Carr as a backup option to Rodgers. Talks and everything went good. But we were waiting for Rodgers. Really the FO was doing what they should. But Rodgers didn’t make a decision in time. Which I get from Carr and his camp. He wants to be wanted. Not to be a fall back option. They probably gave us a Deadline to make an offer and being he was our fall back option, we opted to not make an offer. I do think we already have some intellect to Rodgers situation. I think we felt comfortable that he wanted a trade to us and GB was willing to work with us. So that’s why there wasn’t a bunch of panic to try and sign Carr.

What I think the only hold up in a trade for Rodgers is, is compensation.

Now yes we did lose leverage yesterday with not being able to say we can turn to Carr. But GB never had leverage to begin with. Rodgers could always just threaten retirement if he thinks GB is asking too much and he doesn’t want his next team to not continue to build. That doesn’t mean I think he goes for cheap. But the narrative that GB holds all the cards now, isn’t true. Rodgers holds all the cards.

Now what I think is holding up a trade is coming to terms to compensation. Something none of us really brought up is GB eating some of the money so they can get a better draft pick. So I know a bunch were/are 100% against giving away 13. But if that means GB eats a good portion of his money….. that’s not a bad trade at all IMO. Now if we have to take on all of his deal. There’s no way I think we should give up 13. Where we have leverage now is LV is out on him. They’re drafting 7, so if they were offering that. We in essence would had to offer 13 and more. But they’re out. MIA I don’t think is serious about Rodgers. I think they’re just trying to drive the price up for us. But they don’t even have a 1st rounder. Our 2nd rounder is higher than any pick they have. So we hold the cards in trying to beat them out.

What I think happens is Rodgers is a Jet either today or tomorrow. Compensation likely being a 2nd this year and a conditional 2nd next year that goes to a 1st if he’s still a Jet next season. And GB picks up nearly half of his deal this year.

Leaving us with cap still to build the roster and still having 13.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

It in 5 am down here in Orlando and we are talking about the Jets  ,My dog has not gone for a walk yet. This is crazy

It is 5am here in Pennsylvania and I am responding to a post talking about the Jets.  Would have gone to work but I hate driving in snow.  Wish I was in Orlando.