QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I would take Jameis over Jimmy G or Tannenhill if Rodgers doesn't come here. They have to cut him. No trade cheap signing. 

Post June 1 designation should apply there.  Still Saints are over the cap.   Dunno how will Saints get it under the cap as I would expect Carr to receive richest signing bonus which may be beneficial to 2023 salary cap.

Edited by JetsandI

21 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Well, the asking price for Rodgers in trade just went up.

Curious to see what Carr ended up getting for years and guarantees.

No it went down if anything. Carr is signing a 4 year deal that is around 35 mill per. Then you add the fact that no one wants Rodgers except the Jets. This was all planned in my book. I had a feeling Rodgers was coming here no matter what. Carr used the Jets to get a better deal. Rodgers will not want the Jets to give up draft capital to hurt his chance of a ring. Then you add the fact that reports are now out that GB is willing to take a part of the cap hit and the reports are now saying it will NOT be a first round pick. 

54 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

A healthy Becton transforms this line.  He is such a massive talent and looks fit so I'm holding out hope.

Agreed, but two years off is a tough one.  But what really concerns me is how poor he looked in TC going against Lawson before all hell broke loose with both of them.  I just hope his decent play in 2020 was not a mirage.

55 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Would be the ultimate nightmare scenario.  I despise him.

I read somewhere he is not too fond of you either.  Seriously though, Jimmy G is not too bad.  It is a disappointment if you had your hopes set on Carr as I did.  But I'd rather Jimmy G, than Aaron.  I just do not trust Rodgers.  Now, the ultimate nightmare scenario is somehow being forced to play Zach from week 1.  Jimmy G is just a little scare in an otherwise peaceful dream.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

A healthy Becton transforms this line.  He is such a massive talent and looks fit so I'm holding out hope.  He stayed healthy in college from what I recall so hopefully these freak injuries are behind him.  Him looking slim as got me pumped at what could be though.  Breece running right behind AVT and Becton would be scary good.

Becton actually looked like he was in decent shape the last time I saw him in an interview. I think he knows next season is make or break for him. Which is why I predict that he will get in shape and play at a pro bowl/all pro level only to get a huge contract and then fall off a cliff.

Hope I’m right but this stinks of Derek finding out the deal for Rodgers is done and ‘he’s’ deciding to sign with NO. 

Lots of Raider fans have said he’s so weak mentally and maybe this is his way of being the first domino to fall…..when actually it’s us trading for Rodgers. 

OR….I could be wrong and he’s picked NO, Rodgers isn’t coming here we are well and truly ****ed!!  

Edited by KimuraGod

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Which is why I predict that he will get in shape and play at a pro bowl/all pro level only to get a huge contract and then fall off a cliff.

Or eat his way into becoming a cliff.