QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

27 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

It’s trash talk when he’s chatting out his arse. He mentioned we couldn’t hang with Arizona in ‘08 when we beat them and scored over 50 points. 

I don’t mind people having a different opinion and showcasing it but when it’s absolute bollocks it gets annoying. 

I never watched that game and do not recall it, but looking it up quickly the Jets were up 34-0 at Half time and won 56-35.  Was almost the most yards Favre had in any game that season and was by far the most TDs he threw in any game that year with 6.  Warner threw 3 INTs so pretty sure that had something to do with the loss, but the Cardinals also had three different 100 yard receivers in that game with Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston getting over 100 yards each and Warner almost getting 500 yards passing.  So it was not that dominating of a game obviously and take away those turnovers and that early deficient could have been different.  

They did not have the dudes on offense in terms of weapons or the talent on D to win the Super Bowl but that is just my opinion.  

On 2/23/2023 at 6:00 AM, Ozzy said:

Do the Jets really want Aaron Rodgers?  Seems kind of stupid to get him, he is kind of a spaz, needs constant attention and emotionally is a bit off.  

And not like it worked with Favre back when either, and he was way more stable as an individual pathetically.  

Derek Carr is nothing great but at least he is a better teammate and leader than Rodgers and actually cares about his performance where Rodgers does not really give a **** half the time.

Lol wut? If there is any QB in the NFL even more passive aggressive than Rodgers, it’s Carr. He’s so sensitive and cannot take criticism at all. He constantly throws players and coaches under the bus and finds excuses. He’s a horrible leader. Kindness/niceness is NOT leadership.

There is a decent article on OTC about the post June 1 designation.  Jason specifically mentions Aaron Rodgers and the financials involving a trade.  In short, GB can't trade Aaron until June 2 because of $.  The Jets and GB can reach an agreement in principle but it would not become valid until June 2.  The problem could be Rodgers himself.  If between FA and June 2, he decides to retire, the Jets would miss out on the other FA QB's assuming they are all signed.  it is just another risk factor is waiting for Rodgers.  I am sure GB would give the Jets permission to negotiate with Rodgers but he is such a flake that he could just turn around later on and tell the world the spirits told him to retire.

38 minutes ago, xrade said:

There is a decent article on OTC about the post June 1 designation.  Jason specifically mentions Aaron Rodgers and the financials involving a trade.  In short, GB can't trade Aaron until June 2 because of $.  The Jets and GB can reach an agreement in principle but it would not become valid until June 2.  The problem could be Rodgers himself.  If between FA and June 2, he decides to retire, the Jets would miss out on the other FA QB's assuming they are all signed.  it is just another risk factor is waiting for Rodgers.  I am sure GB would give the Jets permission to negotiate with Rodgers but he is such a flake that he could just turn around later on and tell the world the spirits told him to retire.

I don't know why people think he is going to retire. I'm about 100% sure he will not. He is not going into the HOF with Bardy taking all the light. Aaron wants his light and will wait until next year. I'm also calling BS on this Jason guy. If the jets trade for him it will cost some draft pick or picks this year. So the trade HAS TO GO THROUGH before the draft. Aaron would agree on contract and play. I think this Jason guy is just looking for click bait. 

Edited by jetfuel34

On 2/25/2023 at 2:59 PM, Ozzy said:

Russell Wilson was obviously nothing great last year but he performed almost equally to Rodgers outside of TDs.  And Rodgers had a better OL, better run game and a better D.  Both under performed but I would almost take Russell even with his baggage because his baggage is not as heavy as Rodgers is....  But that is out of the cards, just not sure the recipe to win is sign former Packers QBs at the end of their career.  

Wait hold up stop the press. Did you really just say Russell Wilson performed almost equally to Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers had:

10 more TDs than Russ

Rodgers had more passing yards than Russ

Rodgers had a 64.6% completion % compared to 60.5% for Russ

Rodgers had QB rating of 91.1 compared to 84.4 for Russ

Oh yeah and this was also with Rodgers having a broken thumb and arguably the worst receiving corps in the league. In what universe were they even comparable. Like Rodgers said, a down year for him is a career year for most QBs

Rodgers had a better defense? You are telling me the 2022 Green Bay Packers had a better defense than the 2022 Denver Broncos? Did you watch one Packers or Broncos game last year or are you just a blind Rodgers hater?

35 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't know why people think he is going to retire.

Because he has been talking about it for two years now.  Its the old smoke / fire thing.

35 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Aaron wants his light and will wait until next year.

Most likely with GB.  He wants to break Favre's records as well like completions and yards.

37 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm also calling BS on this Jason guy. If the jets trade for him it will cost some draft pick or picks this year. So the trade HAS TO GO THROUGH before the draft.

First off, Jason is very well respected in the NFL community.  He is a cap guru and his cap numbers don't lie.  Go on Over the Cap and see for yourself.  If GB were to trade him before June 1, they would incur $40M in dead money and a  $9M cap hit.  If traded after June 1, they would incur $16M in dead money and a cap savings of $16M.  Those are facts not conjecture.  There is no way around that.  So NO, the trade will NOT go through before June 1.  It has nothing to do with draft compensation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't know why people think he is going to retire. I'm about 100% sure he will not. He is not going into the HOF with Bardy taking all the light. Aaron wants his light and will wait until next year. I'm also calling BS on this Jason guy. If the jets trade for him it will cost some draft pick or picks this year. So the trade HAS TO GO THROUGH before the draft. Aaron would agree on contract and play. I think this Jason guy is just looking for click bait. 

That is very idiotic of you to call out on Jason Fitzgerald.

If Packers are looking for this year's draft picks then they have to trade Rodgers away before the draft.  That's all.

Packers would rather to trade Rodgers away in June so they could move most of dead money to 2024 if they chose to.

Many teams are resisting to acquiring Rodgers because of two option bonuses and him toying with retirement plan.  

Jason holds no responsibility for those theories.

14 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

He likes the attention but he's not going to leave all of that money on the table.

18 hours ago, xrade said:

This has been brought up. But GB squashed that rumor when they said they want this situation to be figured out as fast as possible. So they don’t want it to go that long

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This has been brought up. But GB squashed that rumor when they said they want this situation to be figured out as fast as possible. So they don’t want it to go that long

I'm sure that's what they want, but the cap numbers indicate differently.  It's simple trade Rodgers before June 2 and incur a massive cap hit and dead money, trade him after a get a cap savings with a $16M dead money hit.  That said, maybe there is a way around it but none of us are cap experts like OTC's Jason and he does not think it is possible.

If you or anyone else know a way for GB to trade Rodgers before June 2 beside just eating the $, please let me know.

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

I'm sure that's what they want, but the cap numbers indicate differently.  It's simple trade Rodgers before June 2 and incur a massive cap hit and dead money, trade him after a get a cap savings with a $16M dead money hit.  That said, maybe there is a way around it but none of us are cap experts like OTC's Jason and he does not think it is possible.

If you or anyone else know a way for GB to trade Rodgers before June 2 beside just eating the $, please let me know.

GB has no choice but to move him before June 1. No team is going to wait around until June to find out who their starting QB is. Then you add the fact that GB will have to wait a full year to use any draft picks. This is just not going to hapopen. I remember reading a report a few weeks ago that GB is willing to take the big hit now and move on. I think in the end he goes back to GB for another year and the Jets sign Carr by next week. 

41 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I remember reading a report a few weeks ago that GB is willing to take the big hit now and move on. I think in the end he goes back to GB for another year and the Jets sign Carr by next week. 

That would be a massive hit.  But I do agree that he will go back to GB.

22 hours ago, xrade said:

He's not wrong, but he's also not right either.  He's operating under the premise that the Packers can't or don't want to have Rodgers' cap hit larger on the books than what they're currently set to have him for.  Right now, Green Bay has about ~$17M in cap space and trading him before June 1st would drop that to just $8.8M in cap space.  Fortunately, Green Bay has a couple of ways to open up some notable cap space with a restructure of David Bakhtiari ($7.9M) and trade Darnell Savage ($7.9M) if they want/need more cap space.

21 hours ago, xrade said:

First off, Jason is very well respected in the NFL community.  He is a cap guru and his cap numbers don't lie.  Go on Over the Cap and see for yourself.  If GB were to trade him before June 1, they would incur $40M in dead money and a  $9M cap hit.  If traded after June 1, they would incur $16M in dead money and a cap savings of $16M.  Those are facts not conjecture.  There is no way around that.  So NO, the trade will NOT go through before June 1.  It has nothing to do with draft compensation.

That's correct.  What you also either fail to mention or are intentionally misleading is the fact that IF the Packers trade Aaron Rodgers after June 1st, they'd have $24.5M in dead cap in 2024.  So it's either $40.3M in 2023 or $15.8M in 2023 and $24.5M in 2024.  Neither is ideal, but it comes down to a matter of whether or not you want to eat all the dead money in 2023 or spread it out over 2 years.  Personally, I'd rather not spread it out.

3 hours ago, xrade said:

They’re rebuilding if they’re trading him. So they don’t need that cap really. They want draft capital and the hope that Love is their QB. They’d rather move on and take the hit. That’s pretty much what the GM has said if Rodgers wants a move