QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

On 2/23/2023 at 9:00 AM, Ozzy said:

Do the Jets really want Aaron Rodgers?  Seems kind of stupid to get him, he is kind of a spaz, needs constant attention and emotionally is a bit off.  

And not like it worked with Favre back when either, and he was way more stable as an individual pathetically.  

Derek Carr is nothing great but at least he is a better teammate and leader than Rodgers and actually cares about his performance where Rodgers does not really give a **** half the time.

I mean that is an interesting take.  HOF QB that is a 4 time MVP.  Clearly doesnt care half the time.  Oh and for the 100th time we were 8 and 3 and the best team in football before Favre got hurt that night against the Broncos and never told anyone until the end.

12 hours ago, NYJETS52 said:

I mean that is an interesting take.  HOF QB that is a 4 time MVP.  Clearly doesnt care half the time.  Oh and for the 100th time we were 8 and 3 and the best team in football before Favre got hurt that night against the Broncos and never told anyone until the end.

Got hurt?  Oh the season where Favre threw 22 TDS and 22 INTs, that amazing season?  The season where Arizona had Larry Fitzgerald and Kurt Warner and the Steelers had Big Ben along with Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes, oh and the D only had James Harrison and Woodley on it and they also had Polamalu and Ike Taylor in that secondary, yeah the Jets would have never beat them the eventual champs.  

As for Rodgers, recently the dude has held the team he plays for hostage what two or three years in a row.  Complains constantly, does not get along with young receivers and totally blew it with pretty stacked teams 3 of the past 4 years.  13-3, 13-3, 13-4 the previous three years not including this past season.  And they blew it, every one of those years twice in home games in the playoffs!

Go ahead and get him on your team, then wait for him to complain and demand a trade. Oh and he constantly needs attention and goes on the Pat McAfee show to get it.  What thing will he say this year during the combine or before the draft to get the attention back on him?

Oh go get that guy.  People also thought Denver was Super Bowl contenders with Russell Wilson possibly, how did that workout?  Rodgers is not the player he once was and is obviously not nearly as motivated either and has way more interests outside of football, why not just go host Jeopardy already and get on with it! 

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Got hurt?  Oh the season where Favre threw 22 TDS and 22 INTs, that amazing season?  The season where Arizona had Larry Fitzgerald and Kurt Warner and the Steelers had Big Ben along with Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes, oh and the D only had James Harrison and Woodley on it and they also had Polamalu and Ike Taylor in that secondary, yeah the Jets would have never beat them the eventual champs.  

As for Rodgers, recently the dude has held the team he plays for hostage what two or three years in a row.  Complains constantly, does not get along with young receivers and totally blew it with pretty stacked teams 3 of the past 4 years.  13-3, 13-3, 13-4 the previous three years not including this past season.  And they blew it, every one of those years twice in home games in the playoffs!

Go ahead and get him on your team, then wait for him to complain and demand a trade. Oh and he constantly needs attention and goes on the Pat McAfee show to get it.  What thing will he say this year during the combine or before the draft to get the attention back on him?

Oh go get that guy.  People also thought Denver was Super Bowl contenders with Russell Wilson possibly, how did that workout?  Rodgers is not the player he once was and is obviously not nearly as motivated either and has way more interests outside of football, why not just go host Jeopardy already and get on with it! 

Nft Who Is That GIF by Rug Radio

Loving all this shade we’ve been getting these last few weeks. People who haven’t watched the Jets and witnessed the drivel we’ve had to watch at the QB position telling us we could do without someone as talented as Rodgers. 

In the Favre season we were flying before his injury. So who knows what would have happened. 

You mention Arizona…we beat them that year putting up more than 50 points on them FYI.

24 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Nft Who Is That GIF by Rug Radio

Loving all this shade we’ve been getting these last few weeks. People who haven’t watched the Jets and witnessed the drivel we’ve had to watch at the QB position telling us we could do without someone as talented as Rodgers. 

In the Favre season we were flying before his injury. So who knows what would have happened. 

You mention Arizona…we beat them that year putting up more than 50 points on them FYI.

They clearly have to address the QB spot but getting a QB on the decline that has some massive issues on and off the field might not be the best idea.  But go right ahead and do that, would probably be better off with Jimmy G or Carr but go after Rodgers, see how that goes.  

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

They clearly have to address the QB spot but getting a QB on the decline that has some massive issues on and off the field might not be the best idea.  But go right ahead and do that, would probably be better off with Jimmy G or Carr but go after Rodgers, see how that goes.  

We’ve established all three would be an upgrade to what we’ve had. We’ve also seen the Carr stats and the fact Jimmy has been injured a lot. 

Rodgers gives us an immediate chance to win. Will that result in a SB?! Who knows?! 

6 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

We’ve established all three would be an upgrade to what we’ve had. We’ve also seen the Carr stats and the fact Jimmy has been injured a lot. 

Rodgers gives us an immediate chance to win. Will that result in a SB?! Who knows?! 

Not sure the Jets are close enough at the Super Bowl to bet it all on Aaron Rodgers and go for broke.  Especially with the injuries they seem to have a lot on the OL with Becton and Vera-Tucker along with Duane Brown.

If they want to go for broke on a QB they go for Lamar Jackson not Aaron Rodgers, a gray haired on the decline QB.  Or just deal with what you got and play more control football with the run game and D.  

The fact Zach Wilson is not doing well is not a huge shocker, he was good in college but not that damn good, people just got amazing by his athletic ability and being able to throw the ball at odd arm angles deep.  Even his final year he had some suspect games at BYU not to mention the injury issues which have continued in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

1. Not sure the Jets are close enough at the Super Bowl to bet it all on Aaron Rodgers and go for broke.  Especially with the injuries they seem to have a lot on the OL with Becton and Vera-Tucker along with Duane Brown.

2. If they want to go for broke on a QB they go for Lamar Jackson not Aaron Rodgers, a gray haired on the decline QB.  Or just deal with what you got and play more control football with the run game and D.  

3. The fact Zach Wilson is not doing well is not a huge shocker, he was good in college but not that damn good, people just got amazing by his athletic ability and being able to throw the ball at odd arm angles deep.  Even his final year he had some suspect games at BYU not to mention the injury issues which have continued in the NFL.  

1. Well we had a top five defense and with a healthy return of players to go with our already young playmakers we are a qb away from challenging in my opinion. Coming from someone who watched every jets snap last season (and for the last 16 years I might add) 

2. I would love Lamar here. However if it costs three first round picks and $45m a year then maybe Rodgers might be a better and more realistic option. 

3. Which is why we are in the need for a new quarterback. 

4 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

1. Well we had a top five defense and with a healthy return of players to go with our already young playmakers we are a qb away from challenging in my opinion. Coming from someone who watched every jets snap last season (and for the last 16 years I might add) 

2. I would love Lamar here. However if it costs three first round picks and $45m a year then maybe Rodgers might be a better and more realistic option. 

3. Which is why we are in the need for a new quarterback. 

The Denver Broncos could say similar things when they brought in Russell Wilson, solid D and run game.   Then they realize they are not that good and trade Chubb and fire their HC and their best RB gets hurt for the season.

That Jets OL has to stay healthy or they have to draft a new OT which I think they will 1st round.  Way too many injuries and inconsistency with that group.

Rankins is a free agent, backup guards in Herbig and Feeney are free agents, Starting center McGovern is a free agent, Mike White is one, Joyner, Solomon Thomas, Kwon, Quincy Williams who are both what starting OLBs, Fant etc.  Sure not a ton but not zero guys who need to get under contract potentially.  And they are what -$1 mil in cap room, sure that can change with a few moves but not like they have $98 million sitting there like say the Bears do.  

Russell Wilson was obviously nothing great last year but he performed almost equally to Rodgers outside of TDs.  And Rodgers had a better OL, better run game and a better D.  Both under performed but I would almost take Russell even with his baggage because his baggage is not as heavy as Rodgers is....  But that is out of the cards, just not sure the recipe to win is sign former Packers QBs at the end of their career.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The Denver Broncos could say similar things when they brought in Russell Wilson, solid D and run game.   Then they realize they are not that good and trade Chubb and fire their HC and their best RB gets hurt for the season.

That Jets OL has to stay healthy or they have to draft a new OT which I think they will 1st round.  Way too many injuries and inconsistency with that group.

Rankins is a free agent, backup guards in Herbig and Feeney are free agents, Starting center McGovern is a free agent, Mike White is one, Joyner, Solomon Thomas, Kwon, Quincy Williams who are both what starting OLBs, Fant etc.  Sure not a ton but not zero guys who need to get under contract potentially.  And they are what -$1 mil in cap room, sure that can change with a few moves but not like they have $98 million sitting there like say the Bears do.  

Russell Wilson was obviously nothing great last year but he performed almost equally to Rodgers outside of TDs.  And Rodgers had a better OL, better run game and a better D.  Both under performed but I would almost take Russell even with his baggage because his baggage is not as heavy as Rodgers is....  But that is out of the cards, just not sure the recipe to win is sign former Packers QBs at the end of their career.  

The fact you’re bringing up backup guards, backup qb’s and backup dt’s as causes for concern is quite hilarious. As soon as you mentioned Dan Feeney I know your scrapping the barrel. As for our cap if you look into it with a few cuts for non impactful players we can save a fortune. Never mind the fact we have over $100m next year but you’ve omitted that part of your claim also. 

Let’s just say you’re correct and it does blow up in our face just like Denver…..I would rather us take that swing and miss than never bother.

It’s becoming quite annoying when people are telling us what we should/shouldn’t be doing. We are the ones who’ve watched the team and therefore have more substance to our claims compared to people who’ve not even watched the Jets. 

In conclusion there’s nothing wrong jumping on here and giving your opinion but to act like it’s a fact and to chat utter **** like you did regarding the 2008 season just rubs me up the wrong way. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Trying to figure out as not a jets fan… why your on here trying to talk trash?

I'm not sure why Brett Favre is relevant to this conversation. It is sheer coincidence that he is a former Packers QB who was traded to the Jets once upon a time. Are we supposed to believe that Aaron Rodgers will eventually flee NYC for Minneapolis, Minnesota?

There is risk with every move we would decide to make at the QB position. Fact.

Is adding a Rodgers or Lamar Jackson going to guarantee US anything? Of course not, we are the New York Jets. 

What it does is move us a little bit further away from the disaster zone.

Besides, I think the young talent on this team deserve a shot at seeing just how good they might be. 

21 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I'm not sure why Brett Favre is relevant to this conversation. It is sheer coincidence that he is a former Packers QB who was traded to the Jets once upon a time. Are we supposed to believe that Aaron Rodgers will eventually flee NYC for Minneapolis, Minnesota?

There is risk with every move we would decide to make at the QB position. Fact.

Is adding a Rodgers or Lamar Jackson going to guarantee US anything? Of course not, we are the New York Jets. 

What it does is move us a little bit further away from the disaster zone.

Besides, I think the young talent on this team deserve a shot at seeing just how good they might be. 

It is the idea that you can just bring in an outside QB and win instantly.  Sure worked for Peyton Manning and Denver but not sure it worked with any other team, and I would not include Baltimore in that mix with Trent Dilfer.  I guess the Rams did with Matthew Stafford so maybe that is just the norm. 

To me Rodgers is far worse as a player and mentally pretty suspect as a leader right now, could not say that about Stafford or Manning who were both super motivated when those teams brought them in.   Again not sure I could say that about Rodgers who has under performed greatly the past what 3-4 years in terms of winning when it matters.  Sure it was not all his fault but at times it was absolutely his fault and he is the team leader and doing an awful job at that.....

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Trying to figure out as not a jets fan… why your on here trying to talk trash?

If you are a closet Aaron Rodgers fan, then sure I could see how you might think that, in terms of pure Jets football, not sure how I am trash talking.  It is called following the NFL and following player movement.  I made a 7 round mock draft 7 months ago and have edited it weekly, and each team I have my thoughts of what they could do potentially in the future.  That is trash talking?  No it is called having an opinion outside of just one team.  

10 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

The fact you’re bringing up backup guards, backup qb’s and backup dt’s as causes for concern is quite hilarious. As soon as you mentioned Dan Feeney I know your scrapping the barrel. As for our cap if you look into it with a few cuts for non impactful players we can save a fortune. Never mind the fact we have over $100m next year but you’ve omitted that part of your claim also. 

Let’s just say you’re correct and it does blow up in our face just like Denver…..I would rather us take that swing and miss than never bother.

It’s becoming quite annoying when people are telling us what we should/shouldn’t be doing. We are the ones who’ve watched the team and therefore have more substance to our claims compared to people who’ve not even watched the Jets. 

In conclusion there’s nothing wrong jumping on here and giving your opinion but to act like it’s a fact and to chat utter **** like you did regarding the 2008 season just rubs me up the wrong way. 

Speaking of backup guards is important when you have as many injured OL as the Jets seem to do.  And again 22 TDs and 22 INTs in one season to me is not some amazing year from a Super Bowl winning QB.  Oh but he was injured so all is well right?  Sure that team was good, it was not great and even without Favre being "injured" no promise they would have won against better teams on paper that year.

If you want a QB why not get Carr a guy who is 8 years younger than Rodgers and is far more motivated to win, not to mention is a better leader on and off the field.  But maybe instead go here, and to me Rodgers did not do that for enlightenment, he did it for attention!  You want that guy to lead your football team, go right ahead!

NYPICHPDPICT000007168994.jpg

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think it's trash talk tbh.

It’s trash talk when he’s chatting out his arse. He mentioned we couldn’t hang with Arizona in ‘08 when we beat them and scored over 50 points. 

I don’t mind people having a different opinion and showcasing it but when it’s absolute bollocks it gets annoying. 

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Speaking of backup guards is important when you have as many injured OL as the Jets seem to do.  And again 22 TDs and 22 INTs in one season to me is not some amazing year from a Super Bowl winning QB.  Oh but he was injured so all is well right?  Sure that team was good, it was not great and even without Favre being "injured" no promise they would have won against better teams on paper that year.

If you want a QB why not get Carr a guy who is 8 years younger than Rodgers and is far more motivated to win, not to mention is a better leader on and off the field.  But maybe instead go here, and to me Rodgers did not do that for enlightenment, he did it for attention!  You want that guy to lead your football team, go right ahead!

NYPICHPDPICT000007168994.jpg

Okay cool