QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Greeny isn’t exactly a reporter. So let’s get that clear.

And this doesn’t really add up. So something is missing.

GB let their QB visit the whole Jets FO with being far apart on compensation? Or even not discussing compensation at all?

Doubt it.

3 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Soooo GB are asking for the farm so they decide to let us and Aaron meet when we’ve told them we are not paying it?!? Seems strange. 

It seems illogical but we still don't know if Jets are only team that received the permission to talk with Rodgers.  Woody and media talked too much and we overlook some teams.

Leaving Rodgers without any agreement may suggest that there is another suitor for his service.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

GB let their QB visit the whole Jets FO with being far apart on compensation? Or even not discussing compensation at all?

Doubt it.

Why wouldn’t they let Rodgers meet with the Jets?

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Doubt it.

Greeny is an idiot for even going on there and lying. No way in hell Green Bay would allow us to collude with Rodgers before already agreeing to the framework for a deal.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Why wouldn’t they let Rodgers meet with the Jets?

I don't follow everything but I think Packers let Rodgers meet with teams regarding to contract situation and team plan because Packers simply need to move Rodgers.  Limiting Rodgers won't do any favors for Packers.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I don't follow everything but I think Packers let Rodgers meet with teams regarding to contract situation and team plan because Packers simply need to move Rodgers.  Limiting Rodgers won't do any favors for Packers.

Exactly. By all accounts that trip was for the Jets to make their “pitch.” For all we know they are working on the framework of the deal now. Or like others have said it could be done and they are just waiting for Rodgers to make up his mind.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It seems illogical but we still don't know if Jets are only team that received the permission to talk with Rodgers.  Woody and media talked too much and we overlook some teams.

Leaving Rodgers without any agreement may suggest that there is another suitor for his service.

That’s true. Time will tell and the food thing is this will need to be concluded fairly quickly. 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Exactly. By all accounts that trip was for the Jets to make their “pitch.” For all we know they are working on the framework of the deal now. Or like others have said it could be done and they are just waiting for Rodgers to make up his mind.

We would look ******* foolish for making a big song and dance over getting the squad together and hoping on Woodys private plane only for GB to say it’s 2x1sts and JD not budging. 

The deal is done with GB in my opinion….maybe now it’s just seeing if AR wants to come to NY. 

Before getting permission to talk to Rodger's I believe the parameters have been met including compensation that the Jets and Packers could agree on.

What remains unclear at this juncture is if AR is willing to become a Jet for at the least 2 years. The positives are knowing Hackett's system he wouldn't have to change anything and clearly he and Hackett are close. 

I suspect AR will be a Jet, and AR can't play this thing out. He has to come to a decision soon.

Otherwise If I'm the Jets knowing that LJ is available, they have to make a run at him ASAP.

Just now, KimuraGod said:

We would look ******* foolish for making a big song and dance over getting the squad together and hoping on Woodys private plane only for GB to say it’s 2x1sts and JD not budging. 

The deal is done with GB in my opinion….maybe now it’s just seeing if AR wants to come to NY. 

tax deduction.