QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

We better get a playoff win out of this. Just making the playoffs is such a low bar I would consider that a failure 

I’m still trying to see an avenue to the playoffs. AFC is really loaded and the East isn’t a cake walk like in years past. Texans and Raiders are only two teams I’m 100% confident we’ll be better than. I think we’re in that 3rd tier of teams fighting for the 7th seed. I mainly don’t trust this coaching staff, I do like the talent we have. 

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Right - and year 4 is 2024.

So the Jets would have to declare if they're exercising the 5th year option after the 2024 season - which is two seasons / two years away. 

No they have to decide after the 2023 season. This next season is Wilson’s 3rd year. So you have to decide on 1st rounders after their 3rd season. Same as we have to decide on Bectons this offseason. Likely we don’t pick his up. But as I said if he stays healthy and balls out. I doubt we let him go. We either extend him or tag him. Wilson is a different example. Bc the way things look. Is that he won’t start this year. So what we know of him is not worthy at all of exercising that option.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m still trying to see an avenue to the playoffs. AFC is really loaded and the East isn’t a cake walk like in years past. Texans and Raiders are only two teams I’m 100% confident we’ll be better than. I think we’re in that 3rd tier of teams fighting for the 7th seed. I mainly don’t trust this coaching staff, I do like the talent we have. 

Colts?

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We miss the playoffs and everyone is gone lol nearly half the league makes the playoffs now. If we get Rodgers and can’t do that I’d fire everyone immediately 

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

What if Rodgers has yet to make the decision by Thursday?

If he doesn’t have a decision by the end of tomorrow you don’t afford him the right of peace and quiet to make his decision. You call and say we need to know tonight or we’re no longer interested bc we have to start talking to FAs tomorrow afternoon.

Dont expect it to get to this bc AR knows FA starts Monday.  

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Colts?

We don’t play them this season. Also now that you mention them they’re in the South which is probably the worst division they’ll probably only have their division winner get in. If a 2nd team emerges from there that’s trouble. We have to win the division, I don’t want any issues with tie breakers like we had this past season.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We don’t play them this season. Also now that you mention them they’re in the South which is probably the worst division they’ll probably only have their division winner get in. If a 2nd team emerges from there that’s trouble. We have to win the division, I don’t want any issues with tie breakers like we had this past season.

need to handle entire NFC East to get better chance at playoff spot.