KNJ Fired

BackinBlack

14 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

That’s great but what does it fix? I mean maybe Pagano can scheme up a good gameplan but it still doesn’t change the lack of talent in the defensive backfield and linebacker spots. I was never on board with the hiring but this was a desperate move by a HC in the hot seat. 

There will be plenty of time to debate whether KNJ's replacement is an improvement.  But let's just briefly savor the fact that we really can have that debate!!

37 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Dude. Get on board with the happiness around here.

Honestly KNJ is a symptom of the problem as it pertains the coaching staff. I’m not sure what JDR was thinking with keeping him until now. He’s never shown to be a good coordinator all 3 years he’s been here. The only reason he’s been around is due to JDRs  incompetence with managing his coaches. I’ll be happy when JDR gets the boot. 

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

That would probably have more to do with Paxton Lynch than our actual defense improving under Pagano

I knew someone was going to say this, but seriously Lynch would look like a decent QB against a Norton led defense. I expect to see some stunts and blitzes from Pagano that we haven't seen all year and when guy's who haven't done anything all season start getting sacks you will recognize the difference.

17 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

I mean, he had 6 games left on his contract lol, and the offense is worse than the defense lol. Such a scapegoating move, it's not like jdr can't or hasn't been overriding him the whole time anyway.

I just want JDR and Downing to follow.

This. It’s a desperation move that coaches make in order to save their jobs. I think we’ve run our course with JDR. 

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I knew someone was going to say this, but seriously Lynch would look like a decent QB against a Norton led defense. I expect to see some stunts and blitzes from Pagano that we haven't seen all year and when guy's who haven't done anything all season start getting sacks you will recognize the difference.

Except Pagano was a week to install those plays. It’s foolish to assume that players will be able to execute them. It wouldn’t surprise me if most of the gameplan was still vanilla and Lynch torched the defense. 

7 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Except Pagano was a week to install those plays. It’s foolish to assume that players will be able to execute them. It wouldn’t surprise me if most of the gameplan was still vanilla and Lynch torched the defense. 

Doesn't take long to install a couple of blitzes. Blites that will lead to turnovers.

Archived