Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

21 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Next domino to fall is whether Ravens put exclusive or non-exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson. If it's non-exclusive, would Jets prefer 26 year old Jackson over 39 year old Rodgers?

They would have to give up 3 first round picks plus a player or 2 second round picks in addition to the firsts.

They can get Rodgers for 13th overall.

7 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

If Rodgers goes to the Jets I'd be surprised if he took Namath's #12.

Namath said he'd be ok with it,  I just don't think Rodgers would do it.

My guess is he'd ask for his old Cal #8.

Or the #4 he wore at Butte. That would be awesome. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLIGh6Evpn2WCxXFd_XhN

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

They would have to give up 3 first round picks plus a player or 2 second round picks in addition to the firsts.

Non-exclusive tag

This is the most common tag used each offseason. Under the non-exclusive tag, the player is given a one-year deal based on an average of the top five salaries at the respective position over the last five years, or 120 percent of his previous salary, whichever is greater. So, it is cheaper than the exclusive franchise tag, but more expensive than the transition tag.

However, the player is free to negotiate with other teams. Should the player sign an offer sheet from another NFL team, the player’s current team has the right to match the offer. If they do not, they receive two first-round draft picks as compensation when the player leaves for a new team.

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m liking the tea leaves.

Carr leans towards Jets and then shortly after he picks the Saints.

Jets maybe already have a deal in place to get Rodgers.

Wouldn’t be surprised if something is announced TODAY.

Hearing unconfirmed that the Jets don't want to take on all of Rodgers contract, and would lose some players if they do.  They are trying to get the Packers to eat some of it in exchange for a better draft package.  Don't know how valid that is, just what I heard. 

Rodgers may have no interest in NY.

Again, unconfirmed.

Edited by NFLGURU

9 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Hearing unconfirmed that the Jets don't want to take on all of Rodgers contract, and would lose some players if they do.  They are trying to get the Packers to eat some of it in exchange for a better draft package.  Don't know how valid that is, just what I heard. 

Rodgers may have no interest in NY.

I think there might be some actual negotiations going on here.  You'd hope the Packers have been given the wink/nod by Aaron and/or his representation that's it's an acceptable landing spot.  It's not a bad situation at all .. seems like a team on the brink of potentially making some noise.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Well, there is another side to this coin. The Saints and Carr probably came to an agreement when the Raiders gave him permission to negotiate. Carr probably did the mandatory tour so it didn't look like they agreed and then kept any potential picks for appearances. 

I do like your thinking though. 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We should offer to eat it all.

Go into this coming season with no cap space at all to add anybody other than our rookie class and get New York’s 13th overall plus their first next year.

I am more familiar with NHL salary cap rules than NFL, but can we retain a % of Rodgers salary to make the trade more palatable for other teams? NHL allows the selling team to retain up to 50% of a players salary.