Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

With Vegas I'm sure the initial asking price will be your first straight up with some later picks/ pick swaps. I'd settle for a swap of 1sts and your 24 first or your 2nd and a 24 1st.   

Yeah I think that probably eliminates us from the conversation.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

They'd rather have Rodgers than Geno.  And Drew Lock?  Uh....

But that 5'th pick?  I had forgotten about that.  To me it makes sense to have either Rodgers or Smith for a few years while they groom a QB of the future that could be taken with that 5'th pick.  

Thanks for reminding me!

Geno played really well for them this season, will be cheaper than Rodgers, and they don't have to give up any draft capital. I don't see anyway that the Seahawks trade for him.

11 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

You guys are saying waller is worse than our TEs which is completely false. To think otherwise you'd literally have to be brain dead. 

Adams is a HOF player to say Watson will be better next year than Adams is idiotic. Your username as bad as your takez

Crap.  I hate that I agree with you.  Except with the "brain dead" and "idiotic" comment.

Waller is better than anything we have for TE.

And I'll easily take Adams over Watson for next year.  Maybe even for the next two years.  But 100% not after that.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

As a fan? Sure. As a HC and GM pair that got out of the gate with a resounding thud and are already hotseat candidates, I can assure you it doesn't. 

I don't think Rodgers is a great fit for the culture and considering that we just traded away our 1st/2nd last year, I can't imagine we'll give up more premium draft capital for a QB that's nearing the end of his career. Especially when there are a few guys including Brady/Jimmy G that will be cheaper in free agency and they have experience in the system. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Geno played really well for them this season, will be cheaper than Rodgers, and they don't have to give up any draft capital. I don't see anyway that the Seahawks trade for him.

Rodgers is a much more proven QB than Geno.

Not dissing Geno's year...but the overall careers of both are vastly different.

Now...contract wise and compensation?  Guess that depends on what Geno wants.

But if both Qb's had equal pay and compensation...it's a no brainer to take Rodgers.  

But, we know that those things are not equal.  Yeah, Geno is going to cost less and they lose no picks, so that is probably more likely.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don't think Rodgers is a great fit for the culture and considering that we just traded away our 1st/2nd last year, I can't imagine we'll give up more premium draft capital for a QB that's nearing the end of his career. Especially when there are a few guys including Brady/Jimmy G that will be cheaper in free agency and they have experience in the system. 

Go back to his comment about HC/GM. You ain't winning **** with Jimmy G. Brady is as washed as washed can be. 

You gave that up for Adams thinking you had the roster to win now. Assume the GM/Coach are still in that boat. Put another way, they don't have time to rebuilt and be around to see it. They pushed all in last year. They are going down with that philosophy. 

Just now, vegas492 said:

But if both Qb's had equal pay and compensation...it's a no brainer to take Rodgers.  

But, we know that those things are not equal.  Yeah, Geno is going to cost less and they lose no picks, so that is probably more likely.

Obviously Rodgers is more proven than Geno. But Geno was arguably better than Rodgers this season, knows the system, is well liked in the locker room, etc. 

Aaron Rodgers currently has the biggest contract in the league, no chance that Geno sniffs that. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Who thinks Geno Smith is winning a Super Bowl, ever? Seriously! This is like everybody falling in love with Nick Foles. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

Go back to his comment about HC/GM. You ain't winning **** with Jimmy G. Brady is as washed as washed can be. 

You gave that up for Adams thinking you had the roster to win now. Assume the GM/Coach are still in that boat. Put another way, they don't have time to rebuilt and be around to see it. They pushed all in last year. They are going down with that philosophy. 

Jimmy G just went to Green Bay and beat the Packers in the playoffs last season, lol. And Brady was better than Aaron Rodger this year. I don't think trading away two picks for Adams means that we're going to live or die by the win now philosophy. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy G just went to Green Bay and beat the Packers in the playoffs last season, lol. And Brady was better than Aaron Rodger this year. I don't think trading away two picks for Adams means that we're going to live or die by the win now philosophy. 

When you have the 49ers defense, then you can win with Jimmy G. With the actual Raiders defense, you'll have identical records. Jimmy G is no better than Carr. Total lateral move.

Tom Brady was not better than Aaron Rodgers lol. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

But that 5'th pick?  I had forgotten about that.  To me it makes sense to have either Rodgers or Smith for a few years while they groom a QB of the future that could be taken with that 5'th pick.  

Thanks for reminding me!

Yes I can see a Geno re-signing plus a Levis draft pick. He's the perfect choice to sit and learn for a couple seasons. 

Or they go all in with Geno and add two first round picks to that defense.  I'm on the fence.

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Thanks for reminding me!

At this point, I'd put the Seahawks in the very unlikely (<1%) group of teams.  Geno Smith is coming off a statistically better year, probably going to be cheaper, and doesn't cost them draft capital.  I'd be VERY surprised if Geno Smith wasn't their QB next year.  I think it's far more likely they take a QB at 5 than trade for Rodgers in any capacity.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I think that probably eliminates us from the conversation.

Unless the Raiders feel confident they're going to be in the mix for Tom Brady, McDaniels is going to feel a LOT of pressure to get that QB situation right.  And the QB market isn't looking overly fruitful after they've made it clear they're moving on from Derek Carr.  Perhaps whatever assets(s) they get from him can be re-routed to Green Bay instead.  You could see a situation where it becomes a 3-team trade.

Packers Get: Raiders Pick(s), Team X Pick(s)
Raiders Get: QB Aaron Rodgers
Team X Get: QB Derek Carr

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

When you have the 49ers defense, then you can win with Jimmy G. With the actual Raiders defense, you'll have identical records. Jimmy G is no better than Carr. Total lateral move.

Tom Brady was not better than Aaron Rodgers lol. 

I agree that it's a lateral move but one of the main reasons we're moving on from Carr is because he didn't really fit the culture that they're trying to build. Jimmy G is a JMD/DZ guy that knows the system. 

For better or worse I think our new regime is preparing to go all in on the Brady train. I'd prefer Rodgers, just don't see them giving up the draft capital.