2023 STEELERS NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS

armsteeld

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

This is when I started thinking Dawned Jones wasn't Steelers' material. His interview and his reveal about Coach Tomlin and the pro day plus dinner seemed like an awkward exchange/conversation. There's another article where Willie Anderson, who mentored Jones and others, disclosed some things which further validated the Steelers being wary of Jones.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-upset-ohio-state-dawand-jones

Reportedly he told teams playing in the NBA was his dream and he’s only in the NFL because he was too heavy for basketball.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 9:53 AM, warfelg said:

Reportedly he told teams playing in the NBA was his dream and he’s only in the NFL because he was too heavy for basketball.

He was a very good basketball player.  He was local to where I live so I saw him in both basketball and football.  Basketball was his first sport

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

He was a very good basketball player.  He was local to where I live so I saw him in both basketball and football.  Basketball was his first sport

we play against  him 2x a year  if the browns have an injury at OT. We might see how he transitions to the nfl but he will most likely be a reserve for the browns fro the next few years. 

Dawand could be dominant if he was committed and if he could handle speed rushers.  In the run game, he is an avalanche as Jerimiah says. Watch the Master Teague highlights, and see Dawand blocking 2 defenders at one time  - 1 per arm ,  not sure if they coach this