Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

I honestly had high hopes for Littleton, that was definitely done after year 1. Lol! Nassib and drake were not good signings, especially considering the costs of both. 

Drake was the highest paid backup RB in the league and barely played for us lol

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Drake was the highest paid backup RB in the league and barely played for us lol

Yep, total luxury pickup that we didn’t need. Hell, at the time we still had Richard on the roster. SMH. We all tried to get behind it, but we all also questioned the wisdom or usefulness of the signing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

Yep, should’ve just let him play his last year of the old deal, I know hindsight is 20/20. But we screwed the pooch on this. We managed to even screw up a comp pick. Only the raiders can do this ish. 

I don’t think him playing on the final year of his deal was ever a realistic option. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

No no no, sir, you don't get to move the goalposts. 

The Saints were the ONLY TEAM THAT WAS REMOTELY INTERESTED WHATSOEVER. 

They were the only team interested enough to actually make an offer. The Jets were the only other team in the league that even called us to inquire about him and those talks never went anywhere, lol. 

On 2/13/2023 at 3:06 PM, NYRaider said:

DC has never been good at running the ball, extending plays, or creating outside of the offensive structure though. Those things have actually been probably his biggest flaws. 

According to Vinny the Saints were the only team that expressed interest in trading for him. 

I mean....

24 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Yep, should’ve just let him play his last year of the old deal, I know hindsight is 20/20. But we screwed the pooch on this. We managed to even screw up a comp pick. Only the raiders can do this ish. 

That was never an option. They put the contract together thinking he'd be their QB going foward. This is all moot if Carr didn't stink it up. 

• Like 1