Bears hire Kevin Warren as new CEO/President

beardown3231

I’m watching the Kevin Warren press conference 

Now I can get with this guy. This guy has a plan and a vision. I hope for y’all sake he keeps Poles in check. I would not be surprised if the major decisions for the franchise are taken out of Poles hands. 

I’ve got wayyyyyyyy more faith in Warren than I do Poles. Warren is legit Poles ehhhh like I’ve said too many red flags. 

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Now I can get with this guy. This guy has a plan and a vision. I hope for y’all sake he keeps Poles in check. I would not be surprised if the major decisions for the franchise are taken out of Poles hands. 

I’ve got wayyyyyyyy more faith in Warren than I do Poles. Warren is legit Poles ehhhh like I’ve said too many red flags. 

They said during the press conference that Poles was 100% in charge of the football team. 

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

I heard that before 

that might be true till Poles get ready to do something stupid. 

He’s not a football personnel guy, and never has been. He’s a lawyer and a corporate businessman.

70-DD6-F38-0-A9-E-452-B-9-FDC-D8-E41604-

If he’s any good at what he does he’ll know that he isn’t qualified to make any football-related decisions beyond deciding who those decision makers should be. Ted Phillips was never involved either, despite what much of Bears fandom thinks. Outside of the Jerry Joneses of the world, who hold both the executive title and the GM title, team presidents and CEOs rarely are involved at all with day-to-day football stuff. 

• Like 1

If you're really worried that he's going to meddle in the draft or the like,  keep in mind this guy is about to take on an all consuming project that is going to keep him busy for years.   That nutball stadium in Qatar took 12 years, relying on essentially slave labor and with no cost controls. Sofi in CA was a more similar project to Bearlington, with a horsey track getting acquired in 2012 and the first game played in 2020.  If Warren is scouting players something is very very wrong.  If I had my guess, the only times he's going to get involved with Poles or personnel is going to be if things have really gone off the rails and he needs to fire the GM/coach etc. 

Peronally I don't find this part of football very interesting, however the fact that George seems to be pretty free with spending on a hire/search like this makes me optimistic that the family got their financing lined up early, and with all the volatility in big money that will hopefully mean they're going to feel like going all out on the stadium complex. 

16 hours ago, brownie man said:

Unimpressed Spongebob Squarepants GIF

• Like 2