Bears hire Kevin Warren as new CEO/President

beardown3231

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Warren is impressive...so much more energy than we have ever heard from Ted (wouldn't be hard)...the one thing he has said that has really sold me is when he said about asking someone the length of something and they answer "well it is approximately"...no is it 40 feet or 41 feet we just need to know...that is the basic none political approach we badly need in this franchise. 

I really liked his answer to the question about his relationship with Justin fields after the Big Ten COVID debate from a few years ago.  Hopefully that puts to bed any talk of the Bears trading Fields and taking a QB at 1.1.

Definitely a confident and prepares guy who knows how to hold a press conference.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I really liked his answer to the question about his relationship with Justin fields after the Big Ten COVID debate from a few years ago.  Hopefully that puts to bed any talk of the Bears trading Fields and taking a QB at 1.1.

Definitely a confident and prepares guy who knows how to hold a press conference.  

Probably the manufactured stuff about them trading him because Warren doesn’t like him, but they also said Poles has 100% control over the team.

10 hours ago, G08 said:

Ted Phillips said the Arlington Heights stadium would be enclosed 😲

That was never in doubt.  To make sense it has to be available for use 365 days a year, and that only happens with a dome.  Once they said retractable roof is not happening, it was clear it was going to be enclosed, but remember this firm has experience making fully enclosed stadiums have the look and feel of open air.

35 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That was never in doubt.  To make sense it has to be available for use 365 days a year, and that only happens with a dome.  Once they said retractable roof is not happening, it was clear it was going to be enclosed, but remember this firm has experience making fully enclosed stadiums have the look and feel of open air.

IIRC the 2 parties hired were in charge of Sofi and Allegiant. Warren oversaw USB. 

51 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

IIRC the 2 parties hired were in charge of Sofi and Allegiant. Warren oversaw USB. 

Ideally we get something that’s fully enclosed but with a natural grass playing surface. Not sure how that’s possible in the Chicago climate but that’s probably why I’m not in stadium design lol. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ideally we get something that’s fully enclosed but with a natural grass playing surface. Not sure how that’s possible in the Chicago climate but that’s probably why I’m not in stadium design lol. 

Tottingham stadium, it would be a first in the NFL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

SoFi stadium has one of those ends that is open (similar to that concept video the city of chicago dropped a week or two again) and because of that open end, there has been a lightning delay earlier this season and that sideways rain during the CFB natty that soaked people. aesthetically pleasing, but a design flaw

33 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Pretty sure Arizona has natural grass, using their rolling field

Yes, but theirs rolls outside which uses up extra space for other things and the Chicago weather isn’t as nice as in Arizona. Tottinghams field retracts underneath itself for another surface. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Yes, but theirs rolls outside which uses up extra space for other things and the Chicago weather isn’t as nice as in Arizona. Tottinghams field retracts underneath itself for another surface. 

This is 100% the way to go...not only can you always control the conditions for the grass but you can use another surface for things like concerts meaning the field never gets damaged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Are Tottingham and Tottenham the same thing? The Tottenham Hotspur stadium isn't enclosed

To us uncultured americans yes. I was talking about their field that retracts underneath itself and they grow it and take care of it under there.