Bears hire Kevin Warren as new CEO/President

beardown3231

4 hours ago, CBears019 said:

This offseason really provides the opportunity to build the foundation of the team for years to come.  I’m cautiously optimistic, but optimistic nonetheless.

Precisely. I don't believe it's hyperbole to say that this is the most important offseason for the franchise ever. They need a bonafide star in free agency and find a bonafide star (+ 2-3 other good players) in the draft. The cherry on top will be Fields taking the next step. They almost need all 3 to happen. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Precisely. I don't believe it's hyperbole to say that this is the most important offseason for the franchise ever. They need a bonafide star in free agency and find a bonafide star (+ 2-3 other good players) in the draft. The cherry on top will be Fields taking the next step. They almost need all 3 to happen. 

I mostly agree with the exception of I don't think there is that star in free agency. Maybe they trade for some one that becomes one, but I think/hope they get a good amount of very good players.

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Daron Payne, to me, would be a star

I would agree, but I just don't think the Bears get him because he either is franchised or re signs with Wash. Just my feeling/thoughts.

And I would add that I would go after him as a top priority.

Edited by blkwdw13

Warren is impressive...so much more energy than we have ever heard from Ted (wouldn't be hard)...the one thing he has said that has really sold me is when he said about asking someone the length of something and they answer "well it is approximately"...no is it 40 feet or 41 feet we just need to know...that is the basic none political approach we badly need in this franchise.