Oregon Trail Mafia - Settlers and Malf Wins

Pickle Rick

20 minutes ago, Whicker said:

The theory is that the reason the five names in the above count do not have hyperlinks is because Pickle is communicating with them via discord and not PM

The running counter theory is that these five names are not hyperlinked because Pickle shortened their names and no other reason 

While certainly odd, I do not see how a lack of a player's profile link could possibly be an error relating to the lack of communicating with that player through their normal Role PM.

The obvious commonality between each of them is that Pickle didn't use those player's exact forum names on the list, due most of those players going by a shortened nickname predominantly

11 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I think these were all their posts after it was theorized...Gopher hasn't posted i believe

Which of them seems counter to their precieved town response?

I don't know what they would say if they were town vs scum in this situation. 

My TKN comment was more of a quantitative theory over a content one.

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The obvious commonality between each of them is that Pickle didn't use those player's exact forum names on the list, due most of those players going by a shortened nickname predominantly

why do you think he shortened those 5 specifically? bcb is an obvious short that wasnt

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

While certainly odd, I do not see how a lack of a player's profile link could possibly be an error relating to the lack of communicating with that player through their normal Role PM.

Except that commonality does not exist within the other group. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I can only speculate, but probably because bcb's name is already short? Perhaps he was trying to keep them around the same length.

Or bcb was earlier in the list before he got tired of linking them all 

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

When you use the @ symbol, there is no need to shorten. None of the names mentioned were long enough to make it necessary to shorten. Especially my name. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Sure it is... the "other group" is predominantly the players with short single-word names.

Bcb and Mwil are obvious non-commonalities.

Ragnarok is a common candidate for being shortened. 

"Wanting to all be similar lengths" does not fly with me personally 

• Like 1