BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

9 minutes ago, PR said:

Won't know until their career is over

Fair enough. I'm a Levis hater, but that's also mostly because I thought Sean Clifford was garbage as an Ohio HS QB who then went to PSU and was pretty lousy as well, which I absolutely loved seeing.

Levis throws a tight spiral. Past that, I don't get it. I get a very "poor man's Derek Anderson" vibe from him. Everything he throws is at a rocket pace with little to no touch. The tight spiral and arm strength is there, but past that, I just personally don't see it.

Ok, for those wondering now that we're at a bit of a "draft pause", here are some prospects that my dude @Blue and I disagreed on:

QB: None

RB: I said if Bijan fell to 14 he warranted consideration as top end talent in a weak draft regardless of a low positional RB value. He disagreed.

WR: I mentioned that Addison should be in consideration R2 circa pick 28-30 if he fell due to college production. His small hands and lack of "good testing" made him disagree.

TE: We had the same Top 6, but the order in which we had them varied. I had Washington as my TE1. He had him as his TE2. Both of us liked Mayer (me) and Washington (him) if "the guy we wanted" wasn't there.

OT: We had the same Top 3

Center: We both had JMS as the clear cut cream of the crop

OG: Spent zero time discussing this

EDGE: LOL, almost completely different wave lengths on players and value

Interior DT: We have the same opinion here...downright weak class not really worth exploring for us

Off ball LB: We have the same Top 3 with Jack Campbell as our clear cut #1 guy but both agreed he wouldn't be there...in a perfect world, we traded back in the 1st to get an extra 4 or even something R3 and MAAAAAYBE he fell to R3.

CB: We had the same guy as our #1. Past that, we really didn't/don't agree on our next 3-4 dudes

S: We love our trio at S and really didn't spend much time at all discussing these guys

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Fair enough. I'm a Levis hater, but that's also mostly because I thought Sean Clifford was garbage as an Ohio HS QB who then went to PSU and was pretty lousy as well, which I absolutely loved seeing.

Levis throws a tight spiral. Past that, I don't get it. I get a very "poor man's Derek Anderson" vibe from him. Everything he throws is at a rocket pace with little to no touch. The tight spiral and arm strength is there, but past that, I just personally don't see it.

He hits his throws under pressure. He doesn't get skittish especially with that patchwork oline they had this past year. Dude could be really good and at a 3rd round value why not take a chance?

1 minute ago, PR said:

He hits his throws under pressure. He doesn't get skittish especially with that patchwork oline they had this past year. Dude could be really good and at a 3rd round value why not take a chance?

I guess I'm also just a UK hater on a lot of levels. And yeah, no fault with a 3rd round value pick ever...I just took him completely off of my board, but that's the fun thing about personal preference.

We had a similar experience a few years ago when we hated Leatherwood/took him off of our board but then took him SUPER LATE because we knew he'd go really high IRL, thinking that "hey, he may start, and who knows?". He sure did start...and that was pretty meme-worthy, but no regrets.

2 minutes ago, PR said:

I think I consistently mocked Levis to Hungary.    I don't like Levis,  but it made sense to take the chance for you.

• Like 2

I'm not completely bullish on Levis but I liked his 2021 tape a lot more than this year's and I think there's enough question marks surrounding his new play caller and injury stuff that I could see him really outperforming expectations and becoming a solid QB. If he was somehow still lingering in the 4th or something I probably would've just taken him lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I think I consistently mocked Levis to Hungary.    I don't like Levis,  but it made sense to take the chance for you.

We had talked briefly about Levis early but what we wanted to Target changed every single day with that pick. After I put together the consensus Big Board he ended up being the highest prospect left on the board when we got to our pick.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm not completely bullish on Levis but I liked his 2021 tape a lot more than this year's and I think there's enough question marks surrounding his new play caller and injury stuff that I could see him really outperforming expectations and becoming a solid QB. If he was somehow still lingering in the 4th or something I probably would've just taken him lol

I was wondering if he would even make it through the third round. I figured we would be better off not taking that chance especially since we traded our first round pick next year.

1 minute ago, PR said:

I was wondering if he would even make it through the third round. I figured we would be better off not taking that chance especially since we traded our first round pick next year.

I don't know who, but I feel like someone probably would take him somewhere in the third. If for no other reason than to take him below probable NFL value, stash him, and hope they can flip him for picks. I think he's well worth a pick in the 3rd, I just knocked him to someone I would take in the 4th because I really don't need another QB lol