BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

17 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

2022 Draft Review as told in only emojis.

Scale 

😍- awesome pick

😎- feeling good 

😑- cause for concern

😬- Big Yikes

17 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

3.1 - Ivory Coast: Devonte Wyatt / INT / Georgia 😑

3.10 - Ivory Coast: Lewis Cine / S / Georgia😬

Wyatt will need to step up this season, hoped for a bigger impact but didn't see it yet.

Cine is concerning given the injury he had, but I still have hopes he's able to recover and make an impact.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

5.11 - Ivory Coast: John Metchie III / WR / Alabama 😬

I understand he missed last season, but I would say it's a bit unfair to label him as big yikes. Would like to see what the Texans do at QB, and how Metchie performs in the offense. Rooting for him and his comeback.

40 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

7.10 - Ivory Coast: Sam Howell / QB / North Carolina 😎

7.11 - Ivory Coast: Jeremy Ruckert / TE / OSU 😬

PFA 1.14 - Ivory Coast: Joshua Ezeudu / G / N.Y. Giants 😐

PFA 2.7 - Ivory Coast:  Amare Barno / Edge 😐

Howell I'm rooting to have him try and win the job in Washington, and perform well. Could be a steal. Ruckert landed on the Jets, and their offense was terrible, so remains to be seen if he can make something. Joshua is depth. Barno didn't do much, 8 tackles and 2 sacks, but the potential is there. Edit: Ruckert got taken before Likely, so I certainly picked the wrong TE to take a flier on. But come on, Zach Wilson was garbage lol.

All in all, I understand where the ratings came from, but boy we got hit by some unfortunate circumstances with some of the players. Overall outlook on the class isn't strong, but there's still time for some of them to help turn things around.

Edited by RuskieTitan

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I understand he missed last season, but I would say it's a bit unfair to label him as big yikes. Would like to see what the Texans do at QB, and how Metchie performs in the offense. Rooting for him and his comeback.

I think drafting a guy who has leukemia qualifies as a yikes.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I know. Doesn't matter. It's not an indictment of anybody, but I don't see how anyone could spin that as "cause for concern" instead.

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense; I was viewing it from a football perspective and he's one the jury would still be out on. Cine missed a lot of time due to injury but he wasn't starting so his 'big yikes' made sense.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense; I was viewing it from a football perspective and he's one the jury would still be out on. Cine missed a lot of time due to injury but he wasn't starting so his 'big yikes' made sense.

Mechie is starting his career with a major life health scare. Based off the info we have right now, that is a big yikes for his outlook. Cheering for the guy, I hope its not the case at all, but the exercise is just guy reaction to how that pick looks after one season. 

• Like 3