BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Imo franchise cornerstone should be an elite (say top 5 player) at a position of importance (so genetally not RBs, interior OL, S or off-ball LB) that you build your franchise around.

So for the Jazz I'd say Josh Allen, George Kittle, Nick Bosa and Jeffery Simmons - each of these guys are unquestionably among the few best players at their position, single-handedly can impact a game and are in, or haven't yet reached, their primes.

5 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Imo franchise cornerstone should be an elite (say top 5 player) at a position of importance (so genetally not RBs, interior OL, S or off-ball LB) that you build your franchise around.

So for the Jazz I'd say Josh Allen, George Kittle, Nick Bosa and Jeffery Simmons - each of these guys are unquestionably among the few best players at their position, single-handedly can impact a game and are in, or haven't yet reached, their primes.

Meh feel TE fits into some of those other positions you just listed

15 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

What signifies a franchise cornerstone? Like is Andrew Thomas a franchise cornerstone? I don’t know where to slot a bunch of my guys. Trying not to give myself too many cornerstones 

I'd consider it an eraser or guy who demands extra attention.  You have to double team Quinnen.  You have to double cover Chase.  Wirfs is gonna erase a pass rusher.  Sauce is gonna erase a WR.

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'd consider it an eraser or guy who demands extra attention.  You have to double team Quinnen.  You have to double cover Chase.  Wirfs is gonna erase a pass rusher.  Sauce is gonna erase a WR.

If Garrett Wilson is a franchise cornerstone I am putting Andrew Thomas as one

22 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Meh feel TE fits into some of those other positions you just listed

I'm inclined to agree but if you look at TEs as "pass-catchers" rather than just TEs, then they absolutely can be a cornerstone imo. So to me guys like Kittle, Kelce, Andrews while tight-ends, should be looked at in the same way receivers are when it comes to impacting the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

I'm inclined to agree but if you look at TEs as "pass-catchers" rather than just TEs, then they absolutely can be a cornerstone imo. So to me guys like Kittle, Kelce, Andrews while tight-ends, should be looked at in the same way receivers are when it comes to impacting the game.

I think my point is that any position can be a cornerstone player imo if they are great enough. So I think Kittle can be one but so can a RB etc