BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

42 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If you combined the best players on all the rosters for the Texans, Titans, Cardinals and Bears, do you think they have a realistic shot at beating the Chiefs? 

Yes.  Between fields and Henry plus a good o line, you'd prob be able to run like crazy, control the clock.  Nothing a ton of edge rush but the middle of the field would be on lock down. Simmons and Lawrence in the trenches at DT with the newly signed bears lb corps, Jimmie ward and Byard patrollingcenterfield

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If you combined the best players on all the rosters for the Texans, Titans, Cardinals and Bears, do you think they have a realistic shot at beating the Chiefs? 

Any one of those teams could beat the Chiefs with a little bit of luck. These aren't practice squads and the Chiefs aren't an unstoppable force of nature.

26 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Yes.  Between fields and Henry plus a good o line, you'd prob be able to run like crazy, control the clock.  Nothing a ton of edge rush but the middle of the field would be on lock down. Simmons and Lawrence in the trenches at DT with the newly signed bears lb corps, Jimmie ward and Byard patrollingcenterfield

Who the **** is the Lawrence you're talking about?

13 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I struggle to find 3 good CB’s on those teams and only one good rusher. Mahomes gonna have time and carve up that secondary. If your counter punch is running with Henry and Fields, gimme the Chiefs 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Any one of those teams could beat the Chiefs with a little bit of luck. These aren't practice squads and the Chiefs aren't an unstoppable force of nature.

So what you are telling me is Mahomes can’t beat the 4 worst rosters in the nfl?

I totally won’t use that against you when the season starts 😎

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I struggle to find 3 good CB’s on those teams and only one good rusher. Mahomes gonna have time and carve up that secondary. If your counter punch is running with Henry and Fields, gimme the Chiefs 

Really? You don't think Kristian Fulton, Derek Stingly, Jaylon Johnson, and Steven Nelson could cover anybody?

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You don’t beat Mahomes with great CB’s.  You beat him with vanilla coverages deep.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Eagles were the kings of vanilla in that Super Bowl. Didn’t work so well 

I mean Mahomes didn’t really do much in the Super Bowl.   He didn’t play bad by any means,  but he wasn’t spectacular.   Eagles just beat themselves at times.      Main point CB’s is about the last thing I’m worrying about against Mahomes because I’m not playing hardly any man against the combo of Reid/Mahomes. 

I mean if you really wanted to put together a roster out of those four teams:

QB Justin Fields/Kyler Murray
RB Derrick Henry, Khalil Herbert, D'onta Foreman
WR DeAndre Hopkins
WR DJ Moore
WR Marquise Brown/Darnell Mooney/Treylon Burks
TE Chigoziem Okonkwo/Cole Kmet/Zach Ertz
LT Laremy Tunsil
LG Teven Jenkins/Pete Skoronski
C Cody Whitehair
RG Nate Davis
RT DJ Humphries/Paris Johnson/Darnell Wright

DE Will Anderson
DT Jeff Simmons
DT Teair Tart/Denico Autry
DE Harold Landry
OLB Isaiah Simmons
MLB Tremaine Edmunds
OLB Zaven Collins/Kyzir White/TJ Edwards
CB Derek Stingily
CB Jaylon Johnson/Kristian Fulton
FS Kevin Byard
SS Budda Baker

That's a pretty good team, with several positions where you have healthy competition for the best player. The trenches aren't super encouraging but I don't think Kansas City's strength is in those areas either.

EDIT: And I have no idea why Bcb would even mention Jimmie Ward or what I assume to be Rashard Lawrence, neither of those players is making the 53 if you combine these four teams.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

You don’t beat Mahomes with great CB’s.  You beat him with vanilla coverages deep.  

Beat him with 2 high 2 under and Lee him contained, but your corners and apex players and under coverage had better be able to tackle.

• Like 1