BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Before I decide on who to 3down between those guys, if anyone is interested in the following players hit me up

KJ Hamler 

Lucas Niang 

Sean Rhyan

Matt Feiler 

Elerson Smith 

Daviyon Nixon

Neville Gallimore 

Jabril Cox

Jeff Okudah 

9 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Before I decide on who to 3down between those guys, if anyone is interested in the following players hit me up

KJ Hamler 

Lucas Niang 

Sean Rhyan

Matt Feiler 

Elerson Smith 

Daviyon Nixon

Neville Gallimore 

Jabril Cox

Jeff Okudah 

ewwwww throw away your own trash 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Pete will call anything trash. Almost traded a bunch of the things he called trash in the other league before but cold feet at the 11th hour.

I highly doubt anyone would trade for those players this close to FA. The ideal time to bait people is earlier in the offseason. But you never know, so we shall see.

13 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Two L’s bud. You should know something about taking multiple L’s by now…

I majored in theatre, I don’t know useful things 

Also I must begrudgingly applaud that burn…..lol

• Like 3

Since nobody else has, I thought I'd put together a one-round free agency mock of who I think where players would end up if we drafted free agents instead of signing them. I assumed players were signed at the minimum 50% salary figure, although obviously several of these players will exceed that substantially.

Free Agency Mock Draft:

1. Berlin: QB Derek Carr ($18,750/year)

This is a tough one, as there's a few different QBs Berlin could go with, but Carr is the safest "I know what I'm getting" option.

2. Seoul: WR Deandre Hopkins (???)

No idea what Hopkins will get in the free agent market, but the Dragons can't go into next year with Allen Lazard or George Pickens as WR1. It's not like RedGold can't outspend his competition to sign Hopkins either.

3. Gotham: DT Da'ron Payne ($11,250/year)

Whicker could go several ways but with only three DTs under contract and Michael Pierce/Perrion Winfrey rotational guys at best IRL, he needs a starter to pair with Chris Jones to bolster an otherwise young and unproven defensive line.

4. Raleigh: OT Lane Johnson ($10,094/year)

This was a toss-up between Bakhtiari and Johnson, but Johnson is an Eagle who plays right tackle and has more games played the past two years, so he gets the nod. Raleigh currently doesn't even have a second offensive tackle on the team apart from IRL rookie backup Wanya Morris, so this position has to be addressed.

5. Singapore: G Quenton Nelson ($10,000/year)

Linebacker is also a need for the Sentinels, but SirA goes with BPA here. Other than Tyler Smith, there isn't an NFL starter guard on the roster.

6. Hungary: CB Xavien Howard ($9000/year)

Hungary can't go into the season with Roger McCreary on the 3 deep at corner--and he might be CB1 for them. Howard is a huge upgrade in a weak secondary.

7. Greenland: TE Evan Engram ($5673/year)

This is a tricky one as there are a few areas Greenland needs depth but not necessarily a starter, and they obviously plan on a silly 4 WR base set (they also don't have a lot of money to spend). Engram gives them the flexibility to effectively have that all-out passing game threat while still being able to line up in a traditional 11 personnel grouping.

8. Lancaster: C Ryan Kelly ($6250/year)

Lancaster is also cash-strapped, but center is an area of need with just Drew Dalman under contract. Kelly was a bit of a surprise cut from Greenland, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rack bet on him having a bounce-back under new coaching.

9. Cuba: LB Devin White ($3665/year)

Cuba is probably sad to see Kelly go off the board ahead of them, but they have a ton of needs that means they can just pivot elsewhere. They don't have a single starting linebacker under contract, and while Devin White is likely re-upped on a 5th year option, currently he's a free agent who will probably go for twice this amount easily if he makes it out of the Ivory Coast.

10. New Orleans: G Ben Powers ($6438/year)

New Orleans has four total offensive linemen under contract. Not a typo, four linemen in total. This has to be a guard. Powers isn't the best guard available, but he is the cheapest for the quality and allows New Orleans to fill other holes at running back, cornerback, and safety as well as filling offensive line and receiver depth.

11. Baltimore: OT Donovan Smith ($1500/year)

Baltimore needs both a starting left tackle and a starting tight end. The TE depth in this free agent class is deeper, and while there are better options at tackle, they only have about $20k to spend. Smith is VERY cheap and could be signed for multiple years as a depth piece while Baltimore looks for a long-term left tackle.

12. Camden: OT David Bakhtiari ($11,500/year)

If not for the price tag, Bakhtiari probably goes to a couple different teams ahead of Camden. As it is, they get a player who probably wouldn't have reached free agency at all if not for his contract.

13. Ivory Coast: OT Andrew Wylie ($4000/year)

Offensive tackle is gross behind Trent Williams and he missed time last year, as Ivory Coast was painfully aware. That can't be allowed to sink their season again. Wylie doesn't really help them at left tackle if Williams goes down, but he's very cheap and lets them add a lot of depth here and at other positions.

14. Cancun: CB Cam Sutton ($5500/year)

With CB2 an annual problem area, the Kaiju are looking to add competition for their three second-year corners and Steven Nelson. Sutton is relatively cheap and lets them look at other mid-level free agent options on the defensive line and receiver.

15. Rome: DT DJ Reader ($6625/year)

Mainly needing depth across the board, Rome can address their run defense with the best nose tackle on the market while preserving cap space for help at linebacker, running back, and especially center.

16. Anchorage: WR DJ Chark ($2500/year)

A roster that is just loaded across the board picks up a depth piece at arguably their weakest position in case Jameson Williams or JSN can't contribute meaningfully this season, especially early on.

• Like 5