Week 18: Giants vs. Eagles @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

38 minutes ago, Acgott said:

This is a huge concern if Feliciano is out. We cannot risk Jones in this scenario.

No, it is the exact opposite. Nick Gates is an upgrade at center (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ff4_gWwBTUQ). 

Best to get the timing and everything else done now against the Eagles that way we have our best starting 5 offensive line men for the playoffs.

I'm pretty confident that those with any injury concerns (Feliciano, Leo, Adoree Jackson, Azeez, Evan Neal) will not play. Then I think the starters will only get about a quarter.

We were pulling starters in the first Eagles game too, because we were getting beat so badly. Let's get out of this one healthy.

9 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

No, it is the exact opposite. Nick Gates is an upgrade at center (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ff4_gWwBTUQ). 

Best to get the timing and everything else done now against the Eagles that way we have our best starting 5 offensive line men for the playoffs.

No, the best time is in practice where we don’t have the best DL going against us. It’s an unnecessary risk to try something like that.

8 minutes ago, Acgott said:

No, the best time is in practice where we don’t have the best DL going against us. It’s an unnecessary risk to try something like that.

As usual I disagree, you need to get your best 5 out there. Everyone can see Nick Gates is better than Fel. I am not sure why he was not starting over him before but at least it is being done now. You can't play this game scared and expect to win. 

14 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

As usual I disagree, you need to get your best 5 out there. Everyone can see Nick Gates is better than Fel. I am not sure why he was not starting over him before but at least it is being done now. You can't play this game scared and expect to win. 

I have no issue making the switch. My issue is why haven’t the coaches done it. If they haven’t thought Felicano should be benched by now, what’s stopping them. I don’t want them testing out a major change in this game.

I don’t care about winning this game. I care about winning the next one. To have any chance, we need our healthiest and refreshed roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Nick Gates has live game action at C this year already. Starting Nick Gates at C and Bredeson at LG is probably going to happen to at least start this game. No reason to risk further injury to Feliciano, and we also wouldn't be putting DJ in harm's way with that configuration. At least not any more than we do every week.

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Nick Gates has live game action at C this year already. Starting Nick Gates at C and Bredeson at LG is probably going to happen to at least start this game. No reason to risk further injury to Feliciano, and we also wouldn't be putting DJ in harm's way with that configuration. At least not any more than we do every week.

Probably right, but still weird that the coaches continue the rotation and haven’t made him the starter. Has to be some reason they like Feliciano over Gates. Better in the scheme?

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Probably right, but still weird that the coaches continue the rotation and haven’t made him the starter. Has to be some reason they like Feliciano over Gates. Better in the scheme?

It's gotta be that Feliciano is very comfortable with the protection calls, he hasn't been bad enough to replace, and the familiarity aspect with DJ and the rest of the line is important.

Both Bredeson and Gates have played well enough at LG that you can't bench one of them, so the rotation continues.

So who do we think rests? Here's what I'm thinking:

Starting OL, from L to R: Tyre Philips, Ben Bredeson, Nick Gates, Mark Glowinski, Evan Neal. Only one of those I'm questionable on is Evan Neal. If he is healthy and that shoulder isn't bothering him anymore, he should play. If not, put Peart out there instead.

With Thomas sitting, DJ sits as well. I could definitely see Thomas and DJ playing a series or 2 before both are pulled and Philips and Tyrod Taylor get inserted for the rest of the game. Bottom line though, there should not be a situation where DJ is on the field and Andrew Thomas isn't.

Golladay should see some snaps as a little audition for teams for when he is released this offseason. Saquon will sit the whole game for sure. Breida and Brightwell are more than capable and getting snaps would be good for them.

On defense, Leo and Azeez will not play at all. Dexy, Adoree, and Mckinney will see limited snaps, similar to the potential DJ/Thomas snap count. They'll play a series or 2. Expect a heavy dose of Jarrad Davis at LB to see what we've got in him, probably over Jaylon Smith. I think everyone else plays as usual, including Kayvon.

26 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

On defense, Leo and Azeez will not play at all. Dexy, Adoree, and Mckinney will see limited snaps, similar to the potential DJ/Thomas snap count. They'll play a series or 2. Expect a heavy dose of Jarrad Davis at LB to see what we've got in him, probably over Jaylon Smith. I think everyone else plays as usual, including Kayvon.

Love and Kayvon are definitely not making it past halftime, at least on defense for Love. I would bench Moreau as well, or at least rotate him a lot. Those players have played the most snaps for us on defense. Major rotations for everyone on defense. Use the whole bench.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Love and Kayvon are definitely not making it past halftime, at least on defense for Love. I would bench Moreau as well, or at least rotate him a lot. Those players have played the most snaps for us on defense. Major rotations for everyone on defense. Use the whole bench.

I think Kayvon could use the experience. I'm fine with a heavy rotation at EDGE though between Thibs, Jihad Ward, Ximines, and Tomon Fox.

I agree Love should be rotated out as well. He's pretty important. Pinnock should continue to get a lot of snaps, and Belton shouldn't be a healthy scratch. Time to get him back into the swing of important game reps.

If we are digging into the bench that much, who are the inactives? Daboll apparently just announced that Leo and Azeez will be inactive, as we all kind of knew.

Azeez, Leo, Feliciano, Wyatt Davis, Lawrence Cager, Rodarius Williams, and we need one more... does Adoree play this week? I think they may call him inactive as well for one last week before he comes back for the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think Kayvon could use the experience. I'm fine with a heavy rotation at EDGE though between Thibs, Jihad Ward, Ximines, and Tomon Fox.

I agree Love should be rotated out as well. He's pretty important. Pinnock should continue to get a lot of snaps, and Belton shouldn't be a healthy scratch. Time to get him back into the swing of important game reps.

If we are digging into the bench that much, who are the inactives? Daboll apparently just announced that Leo and Azeez will be inactive, as we all kind of knew.

Azeez, Leo, Feliciano, Wyatt Davis, Lawrence Cager, Rodarius Williams, and we need one more... does Adoree play this week? I think they may call him inactive as well for one last week before he comes back for the playoffs.

Kayvon has already played 14 games this season. He played 13, 7, 10 in college. We don’t need him to run 50 yards a play trying to chase Hurts with our backup defense in. Let him get some rest.

We need 7 inactives? Jones, Barkley, Leo, Azeez, Felicano, Dex, Thomas. If they are only going to play a series or two, we need the spots. We will be calling up Webb and Cunningham for depth.

I would like Adoree to play a few snaps to get his feet wet.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Kayvon has already played 14 games this season. He played 13, 7, 10 in college. We don’t need him to run 50 yards a play trying to chase Hurts with our backup defense in. Let him get some rest.

We need 7 inactives? Jones, Barkley, Leo, Azeez, Felicano, Dex, Thomas. If they are only going to play a series or two, we need the spots. We will be calling up Webb and Cunningham for depth.

I would like Adoree to play a few snaps to get his feet wet.

Someone pointed out that, compared to someone like Aidan Hutchinson, Thibs has played way, way less pass rushing snaps in his football career. There's a reason it took a little while for him to come on this season. Part of that was injury, but the other part was the limited experience. I don't think we should rest him entirely, but I'm down for a heavy rotation.

I'd like Adoree to play some as well, but I'm not sure if he is ready.