2023 Week #18 GDT 8-8 Steelers vs. 7-9 Browns

Steeler Hitman

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

which are the ones that you want? 

CB my target in round 1 is Cam Smith. After him, I'm looking at Ringo from GA or Jones from TX A&M. However, I think you have to heavily weigh LT in the mix as well. If the CB they want is gone and Paris Johnson is there .... I'm not sure I can pass on him. It's still very fluid, but there's also Broderick Jones to consider.

CB or LT ... Any other position in the 1st IMO is not to be considered.

Edited by cjfollett
typo

6 hours ago, cjfollett said:

CB my target in round 1 is Cam Smith. After him, I'm looking at Ringo from GA or Jones from TX A&M. However, I think you have to heavily weigh LT in the mix as well. If the CB they want is gone and Paris Johnson is there .... I'm not sure I can pass on him. It's still very fluid, but there's also Broderick Jones to consider.

I don’t want to force a pick at any position in the 1st…you could conceivably go anywhere on defense in the 1st except for FS and it would make sense.

Offensively they could go WR if they don’t address it in FA.

I dont want force another Devin Bush or Artie Burns due to positional need.

• Like 1

This is just a wild tweet to me considering where we were at few weeks ago (looking at a top 3 pick).

I know some were rooting for losses considering there’s less than 1% chance we win anything worthwhile this year, but man I’m excited for another Sunday of rooting for another potential playoff birth.

Lets kick the crap out of the Brownies today and hope for a little magic for Joe Flacco and the Bills.

7 hours ago, cjfollett said:

agree, and I lean towards CB more especially if Suttons signs elsewhere. Plus, Moore has been playing good and the dude deserves credit for his play and the start IMO. The problem is, what if him or Chuks gets injured? Always good to have depth on the OL, especially at OT or preferable the swing OL that can play OT and OG really good but thats not easy.  I don't know if Moore can move to OG, and he deserves to keep starting IMO, he really keeps getting better, and has a mean streak .

@cjfollett where do you think Forbes as well as Philips  be selected in the draft? Maybe they will be a steal later on.

1 hour ago, AFF said:

I dont want force another Devin Bush or Artie Burns due to positional need.

This.  No need to force or trade up IMO.  Not in RD1 anyways.  The NT might not have the value in RD1 as the CB and OT does.

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Lets kick the crap out of the Brownies today and hope for a little magic for Joe Flacco and the Bills.

If we play like we did vs the Ravens, I am all for this. If we were to go back to playing like we did with Mitch starting and mid season, then forget it. 

@3rivers

I wouldn’t mind a trade up in the 1st..:that Bears pick that’s going to be 32 or 33 is invaluable.

It allows you to:

A) to trade up in 1st with your original 2nd and/or 3rd.

B)Trade back in 1st knowing you have pretty much a late 1st already and maybe Aquire a 1st rounder for next year as well.

C)Trade BACK into the 1st after picking at roughly 20-22 already.

D) Use that early 2nd as a chip in a potential trade for a proven player but is a FA after 2023…maybe not on the Diggs/ AJ Brown level but you get my point.

45 minutes ago, AFF said:

@3rivers

I wouldn’t mind a trade up in the 1st..:that Bears pick that’s going to be 32 or 33 is invaluable.

It allows you to:

B)Trade back in 1st knowing you have pretty much a late 1st already and maybe Aquire a 1st rounder for next year as well.

D) Use that early 2nd as a chip in a potential trade for a proven player but is a FA after 2023…maybe not on the Diggs/ AJ Brown level but you get my point.

Option B is what I’m hoping for. If we are being realistic, 2024 will be our first opportunity to compete for a SB in Kenny’s window. Having an extra 1st heading into that season will be invaluable.

49 minutes ago, AFF said:

@3rivers

It allows you to:

AFF,

nice breakdown and I like the idea of getting picks too. What matters most is that they get players they need either in UFA or the draft. If the draft is deep at CB, that  might lessen the loss of Sutton if he gets  a deal elsewhere. 

The Diggs / AJ brown part is intriguing. We have Pickens and Johnson, so I don't expect such a trade but I get the idea.  I was hoping for NT to help the run defence, but not in RD1, will IKA be there in mid RD2?

RD1 CB

RD2 NT or UFA Linval Joseph for example

Add vet WR as some have mentioned Landry or prefer Theilen if he is released.  Johnson could be tearing it up, we don't know what to expect with him . Pickens, johnson, Theilen , Muth would help out KP thats for  sure. The idea of Theilen is a good one, but other teams will bid for him as well so it could be costly.  Pickens will be a force anyways. 

Getting a pick next year is nice, just ask Seattle how well that can work 😅 Too bad we don't have a chance at such a trade where a single player has the team we trade them to collapse the team and yeild a pick near the top of the draft. 

Always good players to be found later as well, so this is where the scouting and GM enter the picture. If Colbert was most responsible for artie, jarvis , bud, hood, etc, that explains such mistakes. We as fans don't have that info to verify who was to blame, but lets hope moving forward the team makes picks like Kenny, not the most hyped but delivers. 

With Moore playing good, I am not sure they will got OT in RD1, but for depth perhaps Rd2 or early RD3.  I like the idea of OT in RD if the player is dominant , but thats it.  I'm a fan of Moore and if someone replaces him they better be noticeably better and just as mean .  I can't believe how the OL has improved ,  Meyer has really done a great job.  Munchak had more talent to work with, Meyer is getting the most out of this group and deserves more credit around here anyways.