Offseason Thread

biggie.

with all the available free agent running backs, and there are some good ones,… I’m starting to wonder more and more if BB brings back Damien Harris. He won’t get a huge contract, I don’t imagine…

Saquon Barkley

Josh Jacobs

Tony Pollard

Miles Sanders

David Montgomery

Leonard Fournette

Kareem Hunt

Rashaad Penny

Jamaal Williams

R Mostert

D'Onta Foreman

Samaje Perine

Devin Singletary

Damien Harris

Jerick Mckinnon

Jeff Wilson

A. Mattison

James Robinson

Rhamondre is going to be our guy. But if he goes down… I don’t think the team wants Kevin Harris/Pierre Strong Jr. as the lead guys splitting carries. At least, not at this point.

Ty Montgomery going down, added in with James White’s retirement and the shift away from our traditional sets with a fullback lined up… Many factors that were working against our run game’s success.

We have been a committee style backfield for long enough that us fans know better than to even draft a Patriots running back early in fantasy 😂 (I’ll admit, I took Harris in the 8th round two years ago and Stevenson in the same area last year lol)

but… idk. It makes sense that Damien Harris is back on the Patriots next season the more I ponder it. Am I the only one thinking this way ?

1 minute ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

with all the available free agent running backs, and there are some good ones,… I’m starting to wonder more and more if BB brings back Damien Harris. He won’t get a huge contract, I don’t imagine…

Saquon Barkley

Josh Jacobs

Tony Pollard

Miles Sanders

David Montgomery

Leonard Fournette

Kareem Hunt

Rashaad Penny

Jamaal Williams

R Mostert

D'Onta Foreman

Samaje Perine

Devin Singletary

Damien Harris

Jerick Mckinnon

Jeff Wilson

A. Mattison

James Robinson

Rhamondre is going to be our guy. But if he goes down… I don’t think the team wants Kevin Harris/Pierre Strong Jr. as the lead guys splitting carries. At least, not at this point.

Ty Montgomery going down, added in with James White’s retirement and the shift away from our traditional sets with a fullback lined up… Many factors that were working against our run game’s success.

We have been a committee style backfield for long enough that us fans know better than to even draft a Patriots running back early in fantasy 😂 (I’ll admit, I took Harris in the 8th round two years ago and Stevenson in the same area last year lol)

but… idk. It makes sense that Damien Harris is back on the Patriots next season the more I ponder it. Am I the only one thinking this way ?

Yup unless he's taking minimum money you can get him a dime a dozen especially in this draft for a lot cheaper. Also you have to weigh in the injury factor. I also look at Harris kid
out of Carolina. He's got one year under his belt and he shows promise I'm not wasting any money or assets on a running back unless it's a draft. That way you get at least 4 years. And if I'm the Patriots I'm getting ready to get rid of Stevenson as well who is a great player but I'm not paying any running back money. It's cap reality. What did San Francisco give up for McCaffrey? I would do the same with Stevenson with a plan to have someone ready.

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Yup unless he's taking minimum money you can get him a dime a dozen especially in this draft for a lot cheaper. Also you have to weigh in the injury factor. I also look at Harris kid
out of Carolina. He's got one year under his belt and he shows promise I'm not wasting any money or assets on a running back unless it's a draft. That way you get at least 4 years. And if I'm the Patriots I'm getting ready to get rid of Stevenson as well who is a great player but I'm not paying any running back money. It's cap reality. What did San Francisco give up for McCaffrey? I would do the same with Stevenson with a plan to have someone ready.

I agree with you on the sentiment that we can replace his production easiest through a cheap RB in the draft

I just would hate to see us use a resource on that position with so many glaring needs… 

⬆️⬆️ wait, is this what a broken record sounds like 😂

It could easily happen though. Let’s all just hope if they draft a RB- it’s a guy like Deneric Prince in the 5th round, rather than spending early on, oh say, BoB’s recent premier back in J. Gibbs at ‘Bama in the second round… 😬 that’s my biggest worry

7 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

I agree with you on the sentiment that we can replace his production easiest through a cheap RB in the draft

I just would hate to see us use a resource on that position with so many glaring needs… 

⬆️⬆️ wait, is this what a broken record sounds like 😂

It could easily happen though. Let’s all just hope if they draft a RB- it’s a guy like Deneric Prince in the 5th round, rather than spending early on, oh say, BoB’s recent premier back in J. Gibbs at ‘Bama in the second round… 😬 that’s my biggest worry

Oh yeah that would piss me off second round running back when I can get the kid from Georgia in the 4th or fifth round? Oh I'd be I lose my mind.

Side note, I am stuck in North Carolina grounded and I live right near boston but it's so frustrating. The combine started and I only can work off my phone and that is a nightmare. So anything going on with the combine drop me in line? Tell me what's going on. Laugh riot forgot to add it's 82° here. Laugh riot

Edited by m haynes

On 2/28/2023 at 3:50 PM, DaPatsKid98 said:

I don’t think the team wants Kevin Harris/Pierre Strong Jr. as the lead guys splitting carries. At least, not at this point.

Not at this point correct but I’m sure they’ll be comfortable with them as backups. Cue up the Bijan Robinson draft selection that everyone is saying, “they drafted a running back?!” Followed by the, “Bill O’Brien relies on a versatile RB in the pass game so this makes sense.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Starting to feel like the Patriots should just go to where the talent is in the draft (playmaker wise) and take one of these tight ends. I'm falling in love with Kincaid

I would be totally cool with Sam LaPorta or Dalton Kincaid in round 2

Seems like it will be easier to find a “hit” more than it will be to find a “miss” at tight end this year

4 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

BTW, if anyone is searching for measurements, @ TheDraftNetwork on Twitter is listing them in a thread.

@m haynes

Thanks you for the site. Watching now, creating list of players.

Here's one of my guys that we all forget about.

Nolan Smith is killing it tonight.

6.2 1/2  238  RAN a 4.39 40 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40+ vertical. 

This kid doesn't touch the ground. Quicker than a cat.  He will fly up the board before draft night.  He will be just like Jags Walker and Von Miller. They were 1st/2nd round early and flew up the draft board.

Also Van Ness is going high, the hype is real. Big Man can move and is athletic, off the charts for his size 6'5 272lbs  Wow!!

On 1/23/2023 at 11:53 AM, DoleINGout said:

Cap Space ($33 million)

Da’Ron Payne, DL

Isaiah Oliver, CB/S

Cam Sutton, CB

Foster Moreau, TE

Jalen Guyton, WR

Richie James, WR

Jabril Peppers, S/LB

Mike McGlinchey, OT

Cameron Fleming, OL

Max Scharping, OG

Justin Watson, WR/TE

Rex Burkhead, RB/ST

Cut: Trent Brown, Hunter Henry, DeVante Parker, Jalen Mills, Lawrence Guy ($35.5 million savings)

That was what I would advocate to Belichick for if I was involved like Mayo or the Kraft’s. Those are possible scenarios with free agency I feel. Realistically however, I expect the following things:

1. A recognizable name in round one of draft rather than another Cole Strange.

2. Emphasis on the principles of Bill O’Brien’s offense; heavy incorporation of tight end sets and utilizing athleticism in YAC all over field.

3. Free agents aren’t looking at NE as a destination for a variety of reasons so NEP are going to have to offer more than anyone else when handing out contracts. Already seen it with their offensive line coach.

4. Standing pat in a lot of areas of the team/roster. No sweeping change besides the staff.

5. Most likely a shake up on special teams. Via the draft.

6. Trade day two pick for a veteran receiver/acquire “name brand” veteran.

QB: Mac Jones, Bailey Zappe, Aidan O’Connell

RB: Rhamondre Stevenson, Ty Montgomery, Pierre Strong, Kevin Harris

TE: Hunter Henry, Darnell Washington, Tommy Sweeney

WR: Jerry Jeudy, DeVante Parker, Tyquan Thornton, Phillip Dorsett, Tre Tucker

OL: Trent Brown, Cole Strange, David Andrews, Michael Onwenu, Connor McDermott - Kody Russey, Chasen Hines, Andrew Stueber, James Ferentz

ST: Matthew Slater, Brenden Schooler, Nick Folk, Tommy Townsend, Joe Cardona

DL: Deatrich Wise, Christian Barmore, Davon Godchaux, Lawrence Guy, Sam Roberts, DaMarcus Mitchell, Carl Davis

LB: Matthew Judon, Ja’Whaun Bentley, Jahlani Tavai, Josh Uche, Raewkon McMillan

CB: Jonathan Jones, Marcus Jones, Isaiah Oliver, Jalen Mills, Shaun Wade

S: Kyle Dugger, Julian Love, Adrian Phillips, Jabrill Peppers, Daniel Scott, Josh Bledsoe

Edited by DoleINGout
3/10/23- T.Brown trade/cut. OBJ/Berrios over Jeudy/Bourne. Jack Campbell over UFA Lorenzo Carter. Cam Sutton, DMac retired/replaced with rookie, Hoyer replaced by rookie. Darnell Washington over Michael Mayer. 3/4/23- Dorsett over Richie James

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

That was what I would advocate to Belichick for if I was involved like Mayo or the Kraft’s. Those are possible scenarios with free agency I feel. Realistically however, I expect the following things:

2. Emphasis on the principles of Bill O’Brien’s offense; heavy incorporation of tight end sets and utilizing athleticism in YAC all over field.

3. Free agents aren’t looking at NE as a destination for a variety of reasons so NEP are going to have to offer more than anyone else when handing out contracts. Already seen it with their offensive line coach.

4. Standing pat in a lot of areas of the team/roster. No sweeping change besides the staff.

5. Most likely a shake up on special teams. Via the draft.

6. Trade day two picks for a veteran receiver.

QB: Mac Jones, Bailey Zappe, Brian Hoyer

RB: Rhamondre Stevenson, Ty Montgomery, Pierre Strong, Kevin Harris, Jonnu Smith

TE: Hunter Henry, Michael Mayer, Tommy Sweeney

WR: Jerry Jeudy, DeVante Parker, Kendrick Bourne, Tyquan Thornton, Phillip Dorsett

OL: Mike McGlinchey, Cole Strange, David Andrews, Michael Onwenu, Trent Brown - Connor McDermott, Kody Russey, Chasen Hines, Andrew Stueber, Yodny Cajuste

ST: Matthew Slater, Brenden Schooler, Nick Folk, Jake Bailey, Joe Cardona

DL: Deatrich Wise, Christian Barmore, Davon Godchaux, Lawrence Guy, Sam Roberts, DaMarcus Mitchell

LB: Matthew Judon, Ja’Whaun Bentley, Jahlani Tavai, Josh Uche, Lorenzo Carter

CB: Isaiah Oliver, Marcus Jones, Jack Jones, Jalen Mills, Shaun Wade

S: Kyle Dugger, Devin McCourty, Adrian Phillips, Jabrill Peppers, Josh Bledsoe, Myles Bryant

Well this is depressing however I come to expect that with BB. Just look at the S position. The problem is that is probably 99% accurate.

Also you said

Don't tell me its Meyers at 14, if so that's a double nut kick 2 years in a row in the 1st.

Based on your roster I don't see them doing that unless they release or trade. 

I say that but knowing BB he would do some that doesn't make sense.

• Like 1