2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

31 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I hope Jones isn't Daniel Jones? 

It is. I think this season he has shown to be a good QB. He would give us steady QB play for several years.  That said, the Giants will not let him walk. If they do it will be because Jones want top $. I would not be any to pay top $ for him. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

You are completely dismissing a large portion of the anti-Rodgers case.  You are so convinced on Rodgers winning us a SB this season that you fail to look at anything else. 

No I’m not. I’m well aware that he will cost us draft picks and we likely are paying him a good chunk of money after 2 years (I’m not sold that he’s 100% done in 2 years) for 2 more years.

So no I’m not in a fantasy world where I think we’re getting him for nothing and don’t have to pay him that much. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'd still hate him due to his inflated numbers in that scheme and with those weapons but his injury history practically makes him unsignable.

Ya I 100% think he’s a product of coaching and playmakers. Now bc he’s been groomed properly, he’s a decent QB. But to pay him a decent salary with his injury past isn’t the smartest move.

22 minutes ago, xrade said:

It is. I think this season he has shown to be a good QB. He would give us steady QB play for several years.  That said, the Giants will not let him walk. If they do it will be because Jones want top $. I would not be any to pay top $ for him. 

Don’t think our OC hire was good enough to get an average QB like Jones to play good. Hackett isnt Daboll

Oh nah jones shouldn't even be an option. The fact that his own team hasn't extended him yet should tell you everything you need to know. Why would we be willing to take something the giants quite literally didn't want? It's a completely different situation than stafford/carr. I'm all set on Jones.

5 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Why would we be willing to take something the giants quite literally didn't want?

They did not pick up his option because up until this year he had shown nothing to warrant picking it up. That changed this year and the Giants are working on retaining him (I just read that). It could be because of Daboll. I won’t argue that but if you look at who was throwing to and you gotta believe he would be even better on the Jets. 

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Well, Purdy is out for 2023 and MS said that Jimmy G won’t be coming back. Hard to rely on Trey Lance given that roster (they are truly a QB away) so they may make a move.

Where’s this Purdy out for 2023 talk coming from. He’s out 6 months. That puts his return at late July / early August. Season starts 9/10. So he even once back healthy has 6 weeks before week 1.

So I’m not sure where this talk is coming from. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Where’s this Purdy out for 2023 talk coming from. He’s out 6 months. That puts his return at late July / early August. Season starts 9/10. So he even once back healthy has 6 weeks before week 1.

So I’m not sure where this talk is coming from. 

He’s likely getting TJS

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

As of today i am done talking about Jimmy G, Carr, Rodgers, Jones, there is not one thing we can do to change anything. All we can do sit around and wait to be gang raped. The longer we sit around the worst it is going to get for us. Our only hope is that Woody & Douglas, can pull a rabbit out of their hat. That is our best chance.