2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

If he is staying the whole 4 days... I think he went in yesterday and it was 4 nights. Meaning we wouldn't hear anything from him until Friday at the earliest. 

Ya I don't know when this 4 days of darkness starts or ends. All I heard was that Tueasdy Feb 21 he will be on Pat show and talk about it. I think all he is going to say is yes I'm playing next year and yes that GB is looking to trade me. 

11 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports Chargers hired Cowboys QB coach Doug Nussmeier as their QB coach.

Looks like the Chargers hired him not us. 

That makes sense since Kellen Moore is their OC.  They worked together in Dallas.  

Edited by JetsandI

33 minutes ago, MoLewis57 said:

Carr is available right this second. It would be nice to at least see what his market is.

Ya not fond of the timing of this all.

Carr is a FA that can meet with teams asap and Rodgers is about to not be contacted for a 4 days.

The timing isn’t the best. Carr luckily isn’t in a hurry from reports. I expect him to have several visits before he signs. Not often a QB like him as an UFA at 31. So I see 4-5 teams easily trying to get him asap.

I do wish Rodgers did this whole getaway Super Bowl week. Where he could’ve announced like today his plans. Not early next week when likely several other teams are already in on Carr.

If I’m JD I’m getting Carr in the door and pursuing him like he’s option 1. Don’t wait on Rodgers. Likely Carr doesn’t sign until after Rodgers makes his decision. If Rodgers plans on playing and wants a trade…. You act crazy fast and try and close a deal asap. Where if there’s no traction to that you go right back to Carr.

For me I want 1 of those 2 here. Anything else is just ok for me.

• Like 1

• The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt writes the Jets "view Carr as a significant upgrade over Zach Wilson."

He adds that the Jets are "hoping" to come away with Carr or Aaron Rodgers this offseason. It seems like Carr is regarded as a fallback plan for the Jets for Rodgers, but this piece from Rosenblatt positions Carr as a clear No. 2 choice for New York. Domino one that would lead the Jets to Carr would be Rodgers re-committing to the Packers, but Carr's free agency will likely put some pressure on the Jets to move sooner rather than later. We'll likely have to wait and see what comes of the Rodgers darkness retreat. 

RELATED: 
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Feb 14, 2023, 2:31 PM ET

There you go guys. This is what we wanted. Only problem now is the Jets better act fast becuase Carr can sign right now. I think Carr will sign soon and I have a feeling he wants the Jets QB spot like Rodgers. Like I said before i think the Jets are the top team for these 2 guys. Your put in a great spot to win now and have shoots to go deep in the playoffs. Then you add the fact the extra money you can make in New York. 
  •  

Now that it's official that Carr will require 0 draft capital I think the choice is pretty obvious to go and get him IF he wants to play here. It's unfortunate that Joe Douglas is probably on the hot seat because the ultimate chess move would be to snag him and trade out of 13 if someone wanted to trade up for Richardson or even someone else to acquire a potential 1st round pick next year so you would have ammo to go up and grab a QB to sit behind Carr for a year or 2.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya not fond of the timing of this all.

Carr is a FA that can meet with teams asap and Rodgers is about to not be contacted for a 4 days.

The timing isn’t the best. Carr luckily isn’t in a hurry from reports. I expect him to have several visits before he signs. Not often a QB like him as an UFA at 31. So I see 4-5 teams easily trying to get him asap.

I do wish Rodgers did this whole getaway Super Bowl week. Where he could’ve announced like today his plans. Not early next week when likely several other teams are already in on Carr.

If I’m JD I’m getting Carr in the door and pursuing him like he’s option 1. Don’t wait on Rodgers. Likely Carr doesn’t sign until after Rodgers makes his decision. If Rodgers plans on playing and wants a trade…. You act crazy fast and try and close a deal asap. Where if there’s no traction to that you go right back to Carr.

For me I want 1 of those 2 here. Anything else is just ok for me.

Agreed we absolutely need to get one of these 2 guys. The thing for me that makes me lean towards Carr is the fact that it won't require picks to get him and that he's guaranteed to play for a couple more years barring injury whereas it isn't a guarantee with Rodgers. It would suck giving up a first and then some for him to come here for 1 year and then just retire and we're back where we started.

3 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Agreed we absolutely need to get one of these 2 guys. The thing for me that makes me lean towards Carr is the fact that it won't require picks to get him and that he's guaranteed to play for a couple more years barring injury whereas it isn't a guarantee with Rodgers. It would suck giving up a first and then some for him to come here for 1 year and then just retire and we're back where we started.

100% get that.

Rodgers >>> Carr

But when it might be Rodgers against our cap for 4 years and him only playing 2 of them and multiple really high picks…… it balances out what’s smarter. Either way I’m good.