2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I would love to add talent in other areas of the roster but we gotta spend all our space to get “marginally better” Quarterback play so we finish 3rd in our division instead of last.

Your posts are insufferable.  We just went toe to toe with the division winner last year with Zach Wilson and Mike White/Flacco.  Yeah adding Carr gives us no shot to win the division.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lamar Jackson has missed 10 games in 2 seasons and sat out the playoffs this year and some of you aren’t concerned with injuries. Amazing.

In 5 seasons he's only missed 10 games and both of those injuries came on passing plays not running plays with 1 even being a non-contact injury. Zach wilson has missed 8 games in 2 years and I don't see anyone being concerned with injuries.

Maybe the guy is injury prone but it's not because of his playstyle. I've said it before and I'll say it again-He is very good at avoiding contact. You almost never see him get hit hard which is crazy considering how much he does run.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

In 5 seasons he's only missed 10 games and both of those injuries came on passing plays not running plays with 1 even being a non-contact injury. Zach wilson has missed 8 games in 2 years and I don't see anyone being concerned with injuries.

Maybe the guy is injury prone but it's not because of his playstyle. I've said it before and I'll say it again-He is very good at avoiding contact. You almost never see him get hit hard which is crazy considering how much he does run.

I stand corrected on this just watched both plays. He was tackled on both but they were both passing plays. He's never been hurt on a running play in his 5 year career.

3 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Zach Wilson probably is injury prone.

maybe he’s good at avoiding contact, but he still has a huge number of carries and he isn’t getting younger. Couple that with the fact that he wants to reset the QB market, has surpassed 3k passing yards once three years ago, and has bad numbers in the playoffs, I can’t see how anyone can justify giving up 3 FRP and the contract. There is a reason the Ravens are hesitant.

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Zach Wilson probably is injury prone.

maybe he’s good at avoiding contact, but he still has a huge number of carries and he isn’t getting younger. Couple that with the fact that he wants to reset the QB market, has surpassed 3k passing yards once three years ago, and has bad numbers in the playoffs, I can’t see how anyone can justify giving up 3 FRP and the contract. There is a reason the Ravens are hesitant.

I don't think the 3000 passing yards should be a concern. Naturally your team is going to pass a lot less with him in at QB and like you said he has missed 5 games the past 2 seasons. He was on pace to be around there both years. 

Baltimore has also done a god awful job at surrounding him with talent. They have a good line but their WRs are arguably the worst in the NFL. If he was our QB we'd all be talking about how we failed him (Darnold)

Call me crazy but from an injury standpoint long term I'd be more worried about a guy like Josh Allen who takes a beating week in and week out than a guy like Lamar.

Just my 2 cents

46 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Your posts are insufferable. 

Ignore me then. I can post what I want. I'm not insulting anyone, name calling, attacking their personal lives, calling them idiots, disrespecting their time away to mourn losses. I have an opinion that I'm stating. Yall never wanna analyze and discuss as is. Make excuses for everyone you like, attack those you dont. I'm gonna say what I want. Put me on your ignore list if you want an echo chamber. 

43 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lamar Jackson has missed 10 games in 2 seasons and sat out the playoffs this year and some of you aren’t concerned with injuries. Amazing.

People have refuted this and said because his injuries happened while in the pocket they don't make him injury prone. 

Scary thing about Lamar is that part of his charm is his legs but when those go can he count on his arm to win games. Baltimore is a smart organization there's something there others cant see. No way they'd risk losing him if they didn't believe something to be causing them to not shell out the guarantees he's looking for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Man, some of you need to relax. No need to get so offended that people don’t want the same QB as you.

At the end of the day, the QB play will be better than last year.

This should be the goal for everyone, shouldn't matter who it is as long as they play well. 

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Man, some of you need to relax. No need to get so offended that people don’t want the same QB as you.

At the end of the day, the QB play will be better than last year.

I'm totally fine with people not wanting the same QB as me. Like I said I could get down with Lamar, Rodgers, Carr and even Jimmy/Tannehill. I personally rank Carr #1 just because he will take less to get than the other 2 and is also much younger than rodgers. If you have rodgers #1? That's fine. You want Lamar? That's cool. You want Jimmy/Tannehill because of the same reason I like Carr? That's fine you're titled to your opinion.

But when you have a guy calling Derek Carr "Marginally" better than zach wilson and saying that Zach would have a shot to win a QB battle vs him in camp. That's just complete and utter nonsense. It's getting corny.

• Like 2