2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Cimini is a Troll.  Wilson had 200+ pass attempts this year.  He had a total of 17 in the Red zone and completed 47% of them.  Why only 17 you ask BECAUSE HE CAN NOT LEAD AN OFFENSE.  

His stats are not comparable and Cimini is going for shock value.  I guess it worked.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NYJETS52 said:

Cimini is a Troll.  Wilson had 200+ pass attempts this year.  He had a total of 17 in the Red zone and completed 47% of them.  Why only 17 you ask BECAUSE HE CAN NOT LEAD AN OFFENSE.  

His stats are not comparable and Cimini is going for shock value.  I guess it worked.  

1,000% correct. I don't care about stats. You change work stats to fit your agenda on anything. The only stat I go by is my eyes and what the person had to work with including coaching. 

5 hours ago, NYJETS52 said:

Cimini is a clown. No matter who we get at QB he’ll find a way to bash it. Not sure how guys who actually want the team to fail are reporters for the team.

Anyway I won’t say stats don’t matter bc they do. But they most certainly don’t tell the whole story. Take us for example. You take our 3 QBs who played and Flacco probably had the best stats of them all. And Whites stats weren’t much better than Wilson’s. But if you actually watched us, is was easy to see all 3 weren’t good. But White gave us the best chance to win, then Flacco and then Wilson.

Lots of factors go into how each looked. Like @KimuraGodsaid about White. For me that’s false. He said MIN was a top 5 team when we played them. Yes record wise bc if their offense. But when we played MIN, MIN had a bottom 3 secondary in the nfl. So for White to not play good. Is on him. This just proves that’s stats if you don’t dig deeper into them only tell a side you want to see on the surface.

This is why I don’t want to entertain the idea of bringing back White. For me he was barely better than Wilson. So why waste cap on him? No thank you. I think way too many people got hyped after that CHI game and he actually didn’t play good after that. Was certainly the best of what we had. But that’s just better trash.

Luckily for us this is all hitting on an off-season where there’s more good vets available than most years. So we have options.

We 100% know 2 things right now and that’s it. And these are facts not opinions.

1. We 100% want Rodgers and have already reached out to GB. This doesn’t equal us paying GB whatever they want or us for sure outbidding other teams. We just know we want him.

2. We have Carr in for a visit starting today and likely into tomorrow. So we 100% have interest there. Trying to sell him our young roster and such.

Anything besides this is literally guys just saying their opinions and trying to make BS stories so far. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen. But there’s 0 facts to support that we want Jimmy or Tannehill. Those are pure guesses.

If we read between the lines this FO has said we will be bringing in a vet and Woody himself said we wont lose out pretty much bc of money (not draft picks). Now I’m sure that’s within reason. But it supports the fact that I think we aren’t going small at QB this year. I think we come out of the next week or 2 with Rodgers of Carr. And the facts so far support that.

The Jets tried to trade for Carr only a few weeks ago. If the Jets truly were interested that JD should make sure he doesn't leave the facility without a contract signed by him. I would be very surprised if Woody Johnson were not at the facility as well.

2 minutes ago, Big T said:

The Jets tried to trade for Carr only a few weeks ago. If the Jets truly were interested that JD should make sure he doesn't leave the facility without a contract signed by him. I would be very surprised if Woody Johnson were not at the facility as well.

Don’t think there was ever a report that we tried trading for him. Just that we enquired about him. And LV maybe told us they’re not trading him in the AFC. So it went nowhere. There was reports that Carr reached the point where he told LV he wasn’t going going to accept any trade bc he didn’t want LV getting a pick for him and the team he’d be going to to lose a pick. 

But obviously we have interest since he’s in NJ today.

6 hours ago, NYJETS52 said:

I think it’s less about Zach, somehow that’s all you saw there.

What about the other 4 guys? 

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Maybe it’s just me, but without seeing why the numbers are what they are, they are just non-contextualized numbers. For instance, Tanny looks great but how big of a role did Henry play in those situations?

Against Minny, White failed to score. We belabored that issue to death. But I still blame the OL for not getting a push to run in it from inside the 5. Add to that LePew’s play calling and Whites RZ efficiency is for ****. Context. 

Edited by xrade

7 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Would a healthy Mike White who gets all starting reps in TC and preseason take us to the playoffs next year? 

A fair point. But you would be hard pressed to get anyone to view MFW as anything but a backup. I, for one, think he would be an upgrade over Zach but he is not nearly the needle mover as the other QB’s we are discussing. However, if we had to go into the season with home as a starter, I would be disappointed, but not devastated. Kind of moot since he is a FA and may want a real opportunity besides the Jets to start. 

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

Maybe it’s just me, but without seeing why the numbers are what they are, they are just non-contextualized numbers. For instance, Tanny looks great but how big of a role did Henry play in those situations?

Against Minny, White failed to score. We belabored that issue to death. But I still blame the OL for not getting a push to run in it from inside the 5. Add to that LePew’s play calling and Whites RZ efficiency is for ****. Context. 

It depends on the perspective you’re looking at. For example giving Henry credit for Tannehill’s RZ play and blaming McDaniels for Carr’s is likely what will happen. Carr had the 1st Team All-Pro running back though so it’s like how could he have not been better in the RZ? Guys will blame Rodgers thumb for his bad play, Shanahan will get the credit for Jimmy G and Zach will never get any credit for anything good he actually did. 

I think the narratives are obvious.

The way I see it though is play calling plays such a huge role. For example, look at the Super Bowl and the Chiefs two touchdowns. Mahomes didn’t do anything special. The guys were WIDE OPEN. Sometimes the game is that simple and coaches complicate it for players. Other times guys just miss passes. We have to go back and look at each other to really get an understanding of why they succeeded or failed.

Edited by KingOfNewYork

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

Thank you. Stats do something they eliminate every X factor. And that’s why they can be flawed.

OLines are better for some than others.

RB play is better for some than others.

The play calling and coaching is better for some than others.

The WRs and stars are better for some than others.

Stats don’t show this.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

For example giving Henry credit for Tannehill’s RZ play and blaming McDaniels for Carr’s is likely what will happen. Carr had the 1st Team All-Pro running back though so it’s like how could he have not been better in the RZ?

Which proves my point of context. Maybe Jacobs was as much a contributor. We just don’t know and to look at those numbers and make any sort of conclusion is just a lazy way of supporting a preconceived narrative.

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think it’s less about Zach, somehow that’s all you saw there.

What about the other 4 guys? 

Well let's look at their supporting casts and situations shall we.

Tannehill has Derrick Henry.  The pressure here puts on a defense inside the RZ I'm not surprised Tannehill has a high QBR as you have to respect the run game.

Jimmy G has Deebo a fantastic offensive line and kyle Shannahan who unless the team is in the super bowl is a fantastic play caller.

Carr had Adams and the best statistical running in the league in Josh Jacobs.  

Rodgers had a broken thumb.  Receivers that would rival the Mark Sanchez Tim Tebow era (Watson didn't come on til later in the season) Aaron Jones had a down year and David Bahktiari barely played.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Which proves my point of context. Maybe Jacobs was as much a contributor. We just don’t know and to look at those numbers and make any sort of conclusion is just a lazy way of supporting a preconceived narrative.

That’s what’s done on here, you think someone is going to sit down and watch every pass of these guys? No. 

It’s why when guys say just insert this guy into our line up they would have led us to the playoffs I laugh because it’s never that simple. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It depends on the perspective you’re looking at. For example giving Henry credit for Tannehill’s RZ play and blaming McDaniels for Carr’s is likely what will happen. Carr had the 1st Team All-Pro running back though so it’s like how could he have not been better in the RZ? Guys will blame Rodgers thumb for his bad play, Shanahan will get the credit for Jimmy G and Zach will never get any credit for anything good he actually did. 

I think the narratives are obvious.

The way I see it though is play calling plays such a huge role. For example, look at the Super Bowl and the Chiefs two touchdowns. Mahomes didn’t do anything special. The guys were WIDE OPEN. Sometimes the game is that simple and coaches complicate it for players. Other times guys just miss passes. We have to go back and look at each other to really get an understanding of why they succeeded or failed.

I replied before I saw this but if you know all these things I have to ask did Aaron Rodgers kill your dog?  Lose you money in a Super Bowl bet?  Or you just dont want to give up draft picks?