2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Woody making this a money thing creates another obstacle. Why give the Packers the option to ask for more assets in return. Just spend the money. 

Makes no sense to go all in and then not want to pay the price. I’m hoping this is more BS ‘reporting’. 

Imagine getting the boys together on your private plane and then crying poverty when you’re faced with the bill!! 😂😂 

If that was the case they should have flew standard with some cheap airline!!! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Woody making this a money thing creates another obstacle. Why give the Packers the option to ask for more assets in return. Just spend the money. 

I agree. You either want the guy here period. Or you don't. Shouldn't have got to money. Unless GB was being stubborn on a price (let's say a 1st rounder) and JD and Woody then brought in then you better pick up some money if you're getting a 1st. Which is in fact not bad. If GB is being stubborn on wanting a 1st. To get them to pay some of that money is reasonable. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

So a different report is saying Woody will pay whatever it takes. There’s so much chatter from all these reporters but deciphering what’s real and what’s not has become an art to master for sure. I won’t believe anything until the main guys release the news it’s happened or is off. 

40 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It's not going to be as easy as we all think to fit it under the cap and still address major areas of need, but I get what you're saying.

We aren't strong enough in the trenches right now to win a Super Bowl, and Aaron/Woody knows that we need to make some moves first (sign McGlinchey, Cox, etc.). 

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. You either want the guy here period. Or you don't. Shouldn't have got to money. Unless GB was being stubborn on a price (let's say a 1st rounder) and JD and Woody then brought in then you better pick up some money if you're getting a 1st. Which is in fact not bad. If GB is being stubborn on wanting a 1st. To get them to pay some of that money is reasonable. 

Regardless of how it impacts trade compensation, we still need to bring in some guys via FA to fill holes. We have to be equipped to do that.

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

It's not going to be as easy as we all think to fit it under the cap and still address major areas of need, but I get what you're saying.

We aren't strong enough in the trenches right now to win a Super Bowl, and Aaron/Woody knows that we need to make some moves first (sign McGlinchey, Cox, etc.). 

Rodgers cap hit is 15M but his cash value is $60M. Douglas can make the hit work easily, Woody has to shell out $60M to Rodgers which by reports he doesn’t wanna do.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rodgers cap hit is 15M but his cash value is $60M. Douglas can make the hit work easily, Woody has to shell out $60M to Rodgers which by reports he doesn’t wanna do.

If it truly is that simple, then yes Woody needs to pony up. 

It does become a cap issue in '24 though from what I understand.

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

If it truly is that simple, then yes Woody needs to pony up. 

It does become a cap issue in '24 though from what I understand.

Worry about ‘24 later. If Rodgers is gonna retire then it’s irrelevant either way. Woody needs to commit to the money and stop playing.