2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It's really not about Wilson but I guess you don't believe me lol. Like I said we're tying this regime to Carr possibly and I don't feel good about it. I want Douglas here long-term because he's shown the ability to build a team and I don't wanna lose him because Woody will expect Derek Carr to be the piece that puts the team over the top. 

I get it you want us to draft a QB and develop them to a 15 year starter for us. Of course that’s what we all want. But we’ve shown 0 ability to do that for forever. So how about we try a different approach? Go get a win now guy bc our roster is built right now to be a playoff team with a good QB. And develop a mid round guy? 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I get it you want us to draft a QB and develop them to a 15 year starter for us. Of course that’s what we all want. But we’ve shown 0 ability to do that for forever. So how about we try a different approach? Go get a win now guy bc our roster is built right now to be a playoff team with a good QB. And develop a mid round guy? 

We also tried those approaches.

Win now guy- Brett Favre. 

Mid Round Guys- Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, Geno Smith, James Morgan.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm for that, but signing the wrong FA QB (or even worse - trading for one) is worse than drafting the wrong QB. So if you think Carr is not the right choice then it's probably the worst move we can make for our team.

34 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We also tried those approaches.

Win now guy- Brett Favre. 

Mid Round Guys- Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, Geno Smith, James Morgan.

But those years never overlapped. I’m saying get Carr. Sign him to 3 years guaranteed. Draft a guy in the 2024 draft in the mid rounds and he gets to develop for 2 years under Carr.

This allows if Carr gets injured for Wilson to show what he has as the backup this season. If Carr is healthy. We likely move Wilson for nothing that following off-season. We in turn draft a mid round guy to develop.

Let’s not forget how durable Carr is. Carr has only missed 3 games in his whole career.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But those years never overlapped. I’m saying get Carr. Sign him to 3 years guaranteed. Draft a guy in the 2024 draft in the mid rounds and he gets to develop for 2 years under Carr.

This allows if Carr gets injured for Wilson to show what he has as the backup this season. If Carr is healthy. We likely move Wilson for nothing that following off-season. We in turn draft a mid round guy to develop.

Let’s not forget how durable Carr is. Carr has only missed 3 games in his whole career.

We'll see, you know I'll find the positivity in his arrival but man I just feel like we're settling same way I did when we hired Saleh without talking to anyone other than Arthur Smith. Imagine this team coached by Daboll. 

21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean I get what you’re saying but every team has been eager to move on from players and they have huge success on their next team. LV had 0 defense to help the O.

Want a similar situation. A lot of this fan base wants to be done with Mosley. But I guarantee you every other team in the league would love him.

Agreed. Mosley’s production was never going to match his contract, and our fanbase unfairly holds that against him. Can’t quantify what he adds from an intangible/cultural aspect. Sure he has his limitations, but he’s the heart & sole of one of the leagues best defenses.

37 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We'll see, you know I'll find the positivity in his arrival but man I just feel like we're settling same way I did when we hired Saleh without talking to anyone other than Arthur Smith. Imagine this team coached by Daboll. 

Settling for me is signing a guy like Minshew, Keemun, Brissett, etc.

Carr to me is a borderline top 10 QB

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Depends on the OC. 

Right now I'd wait to see what happens with Lamar Jackson. 

Out of all the QB moves we could possibly make, I think this is my least preferred. None of the top 4 paid QBs made the playoffs this year, this guy wants a fully gtd contract. Missing more games as the years go on. Has always had questions as a passer. Tweeting some seriously questionable stuff at fans after a loss where he only completed 50% of his passes. Would have to give up draft capital.

Id rather Derek Carr honestly and I don’t want him either.